• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vire

More loots:

j17otl.jpg

I really hope increasing the movement speed doesn't cause ice-skating, seeing as how the default movement speed looks terribly slow. Default Halo speed has gotten pretty damn slow over the past few games, and I was really hoping it would be bumped up for 4, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

"Spawning in and pushing the right stick forward for the first time — particularly coming off a recent Halo: Reach party — we felt the game was noticeably slower, more deliberate, almost plodding at times. You just don’t get the same sense of speed. Even bumping up the sensitivity didn’t bring it back to Reach’s level. You still space-jump, but as a Spartan IV super soldier, you’re a few notches down the rung from the Master Chief, and you don’t move like him. You go at the speed of a human marine crossing a bombed-out ruin … a la Call of Duty."
No wonder they couldn't move fast; movement has always been on the left stick, aiming on the right. He even mentions that sprint is engaged by the left stick.

That article was by people who actually played it.
Was it? They talk about bumping up the controller sensitivity in the hopes that it would somehow make movement speed faster. I call bullshit, or at least the author was looking over the shoulder of someone else who was really playing it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
...So now you can endlessly stay in scope with a radar while using active camo.

Totally feels like Halo.

edit: And yeah Franklinator, I agree, kyle's right a lot of the time, just making a lame joke lol

Man, I dunno what to believe, haha! Who was it that reported getting unscoped when shot in the first place? Are they playing two different gametypes or something? Oh shit, what if it's a support perk or whatever?

Edit : Oh wait, read it wrong. :-
I'm in the next group to go play. I'll test this. Anyone got anything they want confirmation.on?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hooray for not getting knocked out of scope. The whole big team issue that was brought up last OT was spot on. At range, you have no change to recover if shot and no cover is present.

Of course, the sniper should still be knocked out for balancing.

I'm in the next group to go play. I'll test this. Anyone got anything they want confirmation.on?

Shoot your team, see if they die. If they don't ask the 343 folks if it's just for the E3 demo.

daedalius

...So now you can endlessly stay in scope with a radar while using active camo.

Totally feels like Halo.

edit: And yeah Franklinator, I agree, kyle's right a lot of the time, just making a lame joke lol

Hopefully there is a map just like Hemo/Renegade where that works really well.

Tunavi

Banned
lttp but have you guys tried this?

63623.jpg

its ridiculously cheap for how strong it is and it tastes pretty good too

Hooray for not getting knocked out of scope. The whole big team issue that was brought up last OT was spot on. At range, you have no change to recover if shot and no cover is present.

Of course, the sniper should still be knocked out for balancing.

Shoot your team, see if they die. If they don't ask the 343 folks if it's just for the E3 demo.

I agree. At least make it a support upgrade - it seems like such a standard nuance that I'm used to, not sure how it will feel playing with it off. That's actually kind of cool depending on the situation.

I know we were focusing on the movement speed part of that article, but

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

Huh?

I don't know what the hell they're talking about. The magnum is 6 shot...

do you really think they're going to address it in?

Beli343.

Was just about to post that lol.

I know we were focusing on the movement speed part of that article, but

Huh?

Uh, yeah what?

"We're making it where you can now be in scope and have a radar at the same time, all while being invisible. If someone hits you, you don't even get taken out of scope!"

"Uh, how do you balance this? It feels a little overpowered."

"........"

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

haha

Fracas

#fuckonami
"We're making it where you can now be in scope and have a radar at the same time, all while being invisible. If someone hits you, you don't even get taken out of scope!"

"........"

Overdoziz

Banned

"........"

<gif>
"It's insanely powerful, I love it!"

No wonder they couldn't move fast; movement has always been on the left stick, aiming on the right. He even mentions that sprint is engaged by the left stick.

Was it? They talk about bumping up the controller sensitivity in the hopes that it would somehow make movement speed faster. I call bullshit, or at least the author was looking over the shoulder of someone else who was really playing it.

that venturebeat article reads like a load of bullshit. It sounds like they just made everything up.

nAfqC.jpg

"........"

Easy to balance: Once you scope in, you can never scope out.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I know I'm hyperbolic quite often, but seriously, not being unscoped when shot is incredibly weak.

edit: I will also say that I'm not even sure if I want much more official MP info. Each time more news drops, I get more worried, lol.

Still very much hyped for campaign. Kind of indifferent on Spartan Ops.

789shadow

Banned
And now I'm back to "Thank god they fucking fixed that shit." Getting unscoped is no longer tolerable since the introduction of the DMR.

But there had better be something on the Sniper, because that needs unscoping.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I know I'm hyperbolic quite often, but seriously, not being unscoped when shot is incredibly weak.
You know Halo has gone to the dogs when they start taking design advice from Shadow, haha. I always gave him shit for the idea, but now he has his vengeance. :p

Edit : Yup, there he is, championing the decision, haha.

789shadow

Banned
For BTB getting kicked out may have been a problem but it definitely wasn't in 4v4.
It was in the larger maps where you could be put into situations where the only option other than take cover or die was to shoot back with the DMR, and the DMR itself made that impossible.

Fracas

#fuckonami
And now I'm back to "Thank god they fucking fixed that shit." Getting unscoped is no longer tolerable since the introduction of the DMR.

But there had better be something on the Sniper, because that needs unscoping.

If Reach's BTB maps weren't designed so poorly, it wouldn't have even been a problem. They all sucked because none of them provided adequate cover for infantry. People on foot had to stick to the sides, lest they become sniper bait or get caught in the vehicle crossfire.
You know Halo has gone to the dogs when they start taking design advice from Shadow, haha. I always gave him shit for the idea, but now he has his vengeance. :p

Don't hire shadow! lol

Not getting knocked out of scope should absolutely not be a perk. I would hate it if taking damage doesn't take you out of scope anymore, but it needs to be one way or the other. I don't want to be shooting someone and have no idea if I'm taking them out of scope or not, that just adds unneeded randomness to encounters.

Retro

Could be that getting kicked out of zoom is normal and there's some kind of Specialization that enables you to shrug off a limited amount of damage before being unscoped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom