• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Pssst Frankie get over here and hand me a Halo 4 shirt so I can mail it to sai-kun, I'm tired of waiting in line hoping I'll catch one.

Vire

bsangel just retweeted this

bfde26deb0d211e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg

Look at that handsome devil!

I'm talking about the guy playing Dance Central

BigShow36

In the context of kill times and movement speeds in the Halo series, it looks fast.

Kill times seem to be about on par with Reach, which, IMO, isn't good.

Don't get me wrong; I want you guys to be right. I want the game to be super fast, but I just don't see it right now.

I really hope increasing the movement speed doesn't cause ice-skating, seeing as how the default movement speed looks terribly slow. Default Halo speed has gotten pretty damn slow over the past few games, and I was really hoping it would be bumped up for 4, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

"Spawning in and pushing the right stick forward for the first time — particularly coming off a recent Halo: Reach party — we felt the game was noticeably slower, more deliberate, almost plodding at times. You just don’t get the same sense of speed. Even bumping up the sensitivity didn’t bring it back to Reach’s level. You still space-jump, but as a Spartan IV super soldier, you’re a few notches down the rung from the Master Chief, and you don’t move like him. You go at the speed of a human marine crossing a bombed-out ruin … a la Call of Duty."

343 have already said base movement is closer to Halo 3 than Reach, which would make that statement false. AKA they don't know what the hell they are saying.

GhaleonEB

In the context of kill times and movement speeds in the Halo series, it looks fast.

IIRC, they said movement speed is close to Halo 3 (which was faster than Reach). Add to that the always available sprint and generally faster firing rates and reload times, and it looks like it plays much faster.

(I barely drink anymore though, doesn't go well with strength training)
This is why I'll never be in great shape; I likey da sauce too much. :-(

My respect for you went up ten fold, it was already pretty high. : )
<3

Edit: probably the only one here, but I don't drink. I like sparkling cider though!
That's awesome, actually. Did you ever? Can't imagine going through college without having some sort of alcohol...

daedalius

Kill times seem to be about on par with Reach, which, IMO, isn't good.

Don't get me wrong; I want you guys to be right. I want the game to be super fast, but I just don't see it right now.

You are saying different things than all the people who have actually played it.

Why should I listen to you?

IIRC, they said movement speed is close to Halo 3 (which was faster than Reach). Add to that the always available sprint and generally faster firing rates and reload times, and it looks like it plays much faster.

Right, and there's a support upgrade for unlimited sprint, there is the thruster pack which is a super fast burst in the direction you're going. The BR once people actually get used to it,etc will be more deadly.

We'll just have to see.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly.
And however instant respawns play into that (making it feel even faster).

BigShow36

You are saying different things than all the people who have actually played it.

Why should I listen to you?

That article was by people who actually played it. People can have warped perceptions when they're playing a super-hyped game pre-release. Go watch the IGN videos where the player is not sprinting; it's really slow.

Some MLG members did a frame-by-frame breakdown of the DMR and BR. If they are 5-shot-kill weapons, their kill speed is slower than Halo 2 or Halo 3.

daedalius

That article was by people who actually played it. People can have warped perceptions when they're playing a super-hyped game pre-release. Go watch the IGN videos where the player is not sprinting; it's really slow.

Some MLG members did a frame-by-frame breakdown of the DMR and BR. If they are 5-shot-kill weapons, their kill speed is slower than Halo 2 or Halo 3.

Yes, I saw it.

If the BR is 5 shot, it has a perfect kill time .37 seconds slower than the Halo 3 BR. I posted about it in the last thread, the only person who actually discussed it with me was Over.

That is not significant in my opinion.

Actually playing the game, I feel, probably has more worth than people dissecting footage frame by frame.

Watching exceptional players kill each other tomorrow will probably provide us with more about the feel of the game than anything we've seen thus far.

I really hope increasing the movement speed doesn't cause ice-skating, seeing as how the default movement speed looks terribly slow. Default Halo speed has gotten pretty damn slow over the past few games, and I was really hoping it would be bumped up for 4, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/06/e3-2012-halo-4s-war-games-is-gunning-for-call-of-duty/

"Spawning in and pushing the right stick forward for the first time &#8212; particularly coming off a recent Halo: Reach party &#8212; we felt the game was noticeably slower, more deliberate, almost plodding at times. You just don&#8217;t get the same sense of speed. Even bumping up the sensitivity didn&#8217;t bring it back to Reach&#8217;s level. You still space-jump, but as a Spartan IV super soldier, you&#8217;re a few notches down the rung from the Master Chief, and you don&#8217;t move like him. You go at the speed of a human marine crossing a bombed-out ruin &#8230; a la Call of Duty."

One thing to point out, a lot of the pros mentioned that aiming felt heavy and a little difficult at first. That would explain the heaviness of the Right stick he's explaining. Not sure if tha't delibirate on 343's part, or because the TV's had shitty response times. Not sure, but I'm willing to wait and see.

Also, it seems like the FOV is a bit narrower from the vids we saw, which can make the game feel slower.

I'm fine with slow halo, it goes well with my shitty reaction speed

We already have one kyej.

lol epic.

Indeed, my thoughts exactly.
And however instant respawns play into that (making it feel even faster).

Ah definitely, almost forgot about that, you also have to account for there is going to be a lot more presumably going on with ordinances dropping in (personal ones in Infinity Slayer).

And we haven't even seen how objective gametypes are going to play yet.

Off-Topic:

I wonder how much mutiplayer stuff we haven't seen in the game yet or heard about, how many abilities they're keeping under wraps.

Hell, we still don't even know what the "specializations" are from the Limited Edition pre-order.

GhaleonEB

That's awesome, actually. Did you ever? Can't imagine going through college without having some sort of alcohol...

Nope. I recall having a sip of Bartles and James and a sip of beer that my mom let me have (once each) when I was a kid (they were both terrible). Never had anything else. Not a religious thing, I just never had the desire.

My first employer, back in high school, was populated by some serious alcoholics, and I worked the late nights and dealt with the bar closure rushes. I think that left an imprint on my view of drinking. I saw some interesting things.

CyReN

The game better than 3/Reach, there's no fluff about it from what I've heard, yes there are some things people don't like or have to be tweaked still. The big issue with 3/R is the weapon and how it worked (ie BR spread or DMR bloom) which they've seem to have fixed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've never really been into drinking, either. I'm 27, and I've only been drunk three times. I've drank much more than that, but just not to the point of being drunk. But still, I think I'm done with it entirely. I just don't see the point. Feels like a waste of money to me.

Hah, that gif is awesome.

CyReN

VA9ur.png

hmm

Yeah, I've never really been into drinking, either. I'm 27, and I've only been drunk three times. I've drank much more than that, but just not to the point of being drunk. But still, I think I'm done with it entirely. I just don't see the point. Feels like a waste of money to me.

Same with me, I really dislike the taste but people say that's not the point. I just don't get it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I dunno what to believe, haha! Who was it that reported getting unscoped when shot in the first place? Are they playing two different gametypes or something? Oh shit, what if it's a support perk or whatever?

Edit : Oh wait, read it wrong. :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom