• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Dat fact sheet:
Title: "Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn"

Produced by: Microsoft Studios and 343 Industries

Availability: Oct. 5, 2012, exclusively through Machinima and on Halo Waypoint as a five-episode digital series.

- Nov. 6, 2012, as the “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition, an extended edit with additional footage and bonus content as part of the “Halo 4” Limited Edition. This Special Edition will also be available on video on-demand services.

Rating: TV14

Product Overview: “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is a live-action digital series based on the best-selling Xbox franchise that brings a brand-new “Halo” story to life on a scale never before seen in the “Halo” universe. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” delivers an exciting story of heroism and sacrifice, taking fans back to the beginning of the human and Covenant war and leading into the events of “Halo 4,” the biggest entertainment event of 2012.

Set against the backdrop of a United Nations Space Command (UNSC) military academy, a group of highborn cadets are training to be the next generation of soldiers in the UNSC’s ongoing war with insurrectionists in the outer colonial planets. Among these cadets, Thomas Lasky struggles with his doubts about this war and with the burden of expectations he may not be able to carry. As Lasky comes to terms with his potential as a military leader, the terrifying alien alliance known as the Covenant arrives and turns his world upside down. Inspired by the Master Chief, he must decide what it means to be a hero. “Halo” fans who experience Lasky’s thrilling origin story in “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will be rewarded with special insights into the story of “Halo 4” and the “Halo Infinity Multiplayer” experience.

The series will debut on Oct. 5, 2012, on Machinima’s premium YouTube channel, Machinima Prime (http://www.YouTube.com/MachinimaPrime), and on Halo Waypoint (http://halo.xbox.com/ForwardUntoDawn), and will unfold through a series of five episodes leading up to the worldwide launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6. An extended, 90-minute Special Edition featuring never-before-seen bonus footage, in-fiction content and behind-the-scenes videos will be available Nov. 6, 2012, on video-on-demand services and in the “Halo 4” Limited Edition, for $99.99 (U.S.).1

Details:
  • Groundbreaking live-action storytelling. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” brings a “Halo” story to life in live-action at a scale never before seen in the “Halo” universe. With an emotional and personal story of a young cadet finding heroism, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” will appeal to longtime fans as well as newcomers looking for a great story and action-packed entertainment.
  • Dramatic and emotional story. “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” tells a personal story of courage, sacrifice and friendship, set against the backdrop of a massive-scale invasion by the alien Covenant. With a focus on character, emotion and high-stakes drama, “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” introduces young UNSC cadet Thomas Lasky to the rich storyline of the “Halo” universe. As Lasky transforms from untested student to newly forged hero by fighting to protect his academy and its students alongside the Master Chief, their fates become entwined for decades to come.
  • Cast and production team. Directed by Stewart Hendler (“H+,” “Sorority Row”) and written by Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing (“Smallville,” “Spartacus”); “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” features a diverse cast of established and up-and-coming Hollywood talent, including Tom Green (“Dance Academy”) as Thomas Lasky, Anna Popplewell (“The Chronicles of Narnia”) as Chyler Silva, Daniel Cudmore (“X2,” “X-Men: The Last Stand,” “The Twilight Saga”) as the Master Chief, Ayelet Zurer (“Angels & Demons,” “Munich”) as Mehaffey, Mike Dopud (“Mission Impossible – Ghost Protocol”) as General Black, Enisha Brewster (“Footloose”) as April Orenski, Masam Holden (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Elizabethtown”) as Michael “Sully” Sullivan, Osric Chau (“2012”) as JJ Chen, Iain Belcher (“Supernatural”) as Vickers, and Kat De Lieva as Dimah.
  • “Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” is backed by a top-tier production team, including producers Lydia Antonini and Josh Feldman, former Warner Bros. and Playtone executives, respectively. Continuing its involvement with the “Halo” franchise, Legacy Effects (“The Hunger Games,” “The Avengers,” “Avatar”) is creating specialized costumes and armor, and visual effects are being designed by an award-winning team led by John Sullivan (“The Pacific”). Production services are provided by Herzog & Company.

Anna%20Popplewell%20-%20-4.jpg

I iz in love.

I feel bad for Bungie, they leave Microsoft so they can make games for other platforms and if this goes through with Microsoft, they'll be tied to the Xbox again.

I think Bungie's decision to go independent had more to do with wanting more creative freedom as well as letting the studio's culture flourish and less to do with being tied to any specific platform.

Akai__

I feel bad for Bungie, they leave Microsoft so they can make games for other platforms and if this goes through with Microsoft, they'll be tied to the Xbox again.

Bad Luck Bungie: Leaves Microsoft, goes to Activision, Microsoft buys Activison.

On a more serious note...
What happens to Bungie, if Microsoft buys Activision? Do they have some paragraph in the contract for this scenario?

i feel really bad for them, too.

---

What does happen to this thread, while I'm sleeping? Giveaways, Forward Unto Down video and Frankie teases more things.

Maybe I should sleep more often?

---

Edit:
Yeah it was confirmed a couple of months ago. It's a forerunner worm scavanger enemy of sorts

Wow, that amazing. New enemy confirmed!
It was fan-made :p

There was only one visor option, "recruit".

Enjoy it, man. I'll be supremely jealous if you get to play any of SpOps.

Yes, absolutely. You should hear the one-liner that Chief throws out right before the fight starts. "something-something-flower-power"

Ha, I saw what you did there.

Caja 117

Bad Luck Bungie: Leaves Microsoft, goes to Activision, Microsoft buys Activison.

On a more serious note...
What happens to Bungie, if Microsoft buys Activision? Do they have some paragraph in the contract for this scenario? .

I didn't saw one, and usually these types of corporate agreement don't touch a scenario were one of the parties involved could be sold, that being said, what usually happens is that the Corporation that acquires the other company will go trough this contract and if some changes are needed they will just meet with Bungies lawyers to come into a new agreement.

Shadders

So..

Tomorrow is the start of Comic-Con, it's the end of Frankie's sleep countdown and it's 117 days before the launch of Halo 4.

Predictions?

I'm still saying Special/Legendary edition console reveal.
Extended FUD trailer - maybe even whole first episode.
New map - probably The Pit.
Information about The Thursday War.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The contract they signed with Activision is no different from what they had when they were under MS. They are basically tied in making one IP and sequels for 10 years.

Oh but it is very different. Bungie is still independent and keeps all creative control over the franchise. They basically just gave Activision exclusive publishing rights in exchange for money to build the games from what I understand.

Akai__

I didn't saw one, and usually these types of corporate agreement don't touch a scenario were one of the parties involved could be sold, that being said, what usually happens is that the Corporation that acquires the other company will go trough this contract and if some changes are needed they will just meet with Bungies lawyers to come into a new agreement.

Well, I think it will be difficult, to find an new agreement. I don't know if they are allowed to produce games for other platforms other then the Xbox, under Microsoft. I hope they will find an agreement, that makes both sides happy.

I for one, can't wait to see the announcement of Destiny. I hope we will see something this year. A company like Bungie deserves only the best, as well as 343i for continuing the Halo franchise.

Seance

Banned
So..

Tomorrow is the start of Comic-Con, it's the end of Frankie's sleep countdown and it's 117 days before the launch of Halo 4.

Predictions?

I never wan't another map remake in halo. Imagine, halo 4 could have reach maps as DLC:

800MSP for the Reach pack! Sword base, The Cage and The Spire remastered.
Buy now and get the "Armor lock" armor ability!

So..

Predictions?

You make some bold, yet satisfying predictions.

JonCha

So..

Predictions?

Confident of console reveal. When did Reach get the console announcement?

So..

Predictions?

Not expecting any new maps or the whole first episode of FUD.

Sparkast and Spartan Ops stuff is what I am expecting.

Edit.: I should clarify: Not expecting any new Spartan Ops. More off-screen footage.

Did the Star Wars console get announced at Comic-Con too?
Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom