• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zap

Heh, massive fail. Ask to clarify competition deal, gets the time wrong.

That was awesome of you Ghaleon, thanks for doing it!

So, FUD info in about an hour?

• Evolutions book monsterfracas
  • Shirt heckfu
  • Soundtrack Demoncarnotaur
  • Cortana prop Gray Man
  • Other Prop A27 Tawpgun
  • Mag 1 Ryaaan14
  • Mag 2 Tashi0106

Everyone but Grey Man and Tawpgun, PM me your address. I'll send stuff out later this week, and PM the avatar codes in the morning.

PM'd! Thanks again!

GhaleonEB

That was fun, thanks for being good sports. I'll shoot for mailing everything on Friday.

At the Reach Gamestop midnight sale, when I was going in to snag my Legendary Edition, I saw the guy in front of me ask and receive some of the POP displays from the counter. I figured what the hell, and asked for the giant banner in the corner. The clerk gave it to me.

Thing is, it's so big there's no where in my house I can hang it. The only place it would fit is over my stairs and I don't own a ladder that will safely do stairs high up enough. So it's been sitting in the corner of my den for over a year and a half.

I'll either give it away or find a way to get it on the wall somehow, this year. Sorry to be a tease but this was the item I briefly flirted with tossing in tonight. Maybe another time. :)

IMG_7589.jpg

It's very thick poster board and won't even roll well; it just folds down the center.

That was fun, thanks for being good sports. I'll shoot for mailing everything on Friday.

At the Reach Gamestop midnight sale, when I was going in to snag my Legendary Edition, I saw the guy in front of me ask and receive some of the POP displays from the counter. I figured what the hell, and asked for the giant banner in the corner. The clerk gave it to me.

Thing is, it's so big there's no where in my house I can hang it. The only place it would fit is over my stairs and I don't own a ladder that will safely do stairs high up enough. So it's been sitting in the corner of my den for over a year and a half.

I'll either give it away or find a way to get it on the wall somehow, this year. Sorry to be a tease but this was the item I briefly flirted with tossing in tonight. Maybe another time. :)

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/IMG_7589.jpg[IMG]

It's very thick poster board and won't even roll well; it just folds down the center.[/QUOTE]Are you giving away that printer paper? I mean folders.

IMG_7589.jpg

It's very thick poster board and won't even roll well; it just folds down the center.

Oh man I want one of those posters

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, Fran Mirabella is a man!?

Next you're gonna tell me Devo is a woman. :lol

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Forward Unto Dawn is looking pretty cool. Some of the costumes and set pieces look low budget, but that's no big deal to me. Chief's Mjolnir looks fantastic.

blamite

I just hope the Human Forge World for H4 doesn't take place in a janitor's damp utility closet.

New Alexandria aesthetic or bust.

Eugh, I hated the look of New Alexandria. Everything was either white, gray, or dull brown/green.

Now, New Mombasa on the other hand...

IHaveIce

Banned
Forward Unto Dawn is looking pretty cool. Some of the costumes and set pieces look low budget, but that's no big deal to me. Chief's Mjolnir looks fantastic.

pretty much this. Chief's armor is glorious, the Recruits look a little bit awkward, but I'm really excited for more.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think New Alexandria looked great. I could've used a little more variation in color scheme, I guess. New Mombasa was okay, but nothing special. The farm villages in Winter Contingency are my favorite human architecture in the Halo series, easily.

I just hope the Human Forge World for H4 doesn't take place in a janitor's damp utility closet.

New Alexandria aesthetic or bust.
I really can't get into the New Alexandria look, it just looks so generic future city to me. Though I love everything Mombasa in the Halo games so that aesthetic is something I can get behind.

That's your punishment for getting us to play Hotshot.
There was too much awesome in that game for Xbox live to maintain the integrity of our party. Emergency protocols went into effect and booted us all into seperate lobbies for our own safety.

That's how awesome Hot Shot is.

Good Games MisterFroncas, Shadow123, and PoisonJr. We must do it again sometime.

Special shout-out to Moonwalker's kids: hang in their guys.

Am I a nerd for getting excited that the girl from The Chronicles of Narnia is going to be in FUD?
Anna Popplewell
I think there could definitely be a tie-in to the book. Master Chief = Aslan I knew it!

Shortly before our vacation, I unearthed a bag of HaloFest swag that I had meant to give away. I didn't have time to give it away before we left on the trip now, but, um, we're back.

IMG_7586.jpg

This is what I have.

• A hardcover copy of Halo Evolutions
  • Two copies of the OXM Halo Anniversary issue
  • Two avatar props, one of them a Cortana Halofest one
  • A "camping is a legitimate strategy" RvB shirt (XL)
  • An unopened copy of the Halo Legends soundtrack

I'm going to go watch Batman Begins with the kids and figure out a way to give this stuff away tonight. Thought I'd give some notice this time around since often people miss stuff like this when it's dropped on the thread with no notice.

I'll probably ask dumb Halo questions or something. I'll start at 10:00, 2 hours and 45 minutes from now.
I missed it! I would have loved to grab the hardcover Evolutions book. I didn't even know such a thing existed.
Interesting. I wonder when this takes place, exactly. If a recruit knows about the Chief it's obviously after the Spartan II program was revealed, right? I guess we'll find out at SDCC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom