• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caja 117

Oh but it is very different. Bungie is still independent and keeps all creative control over the franchise. They basically just gave Activision exclusive publishing rights in exchange for money to build the games from what I understand.

You are correct. they have more flexibility. The downside is that they can only make one game and that's it, (unless of course they reach the milestones disclosed in the contract.) also the contract is very severe with bungie if they at one moment decide to stop developing the sequels for Destiny.

Well, I think it will be difficult, to find an new agreement. I don't know if they are allowed to produce games for other platforms other then the Xbox, under Microsoft. I hope they will find an agreement, that makes both sides happy.

If MS does acquiere ActivisionBlizzard, I highly doubt they make Activision a XBOX exclusive company, if that happens....well, lets just hope it doesn't (Playstation is mentioned on numerous occasions in the contract.)

Sorry for the Off-topic, but I guess is more because it has to do with Bungie.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Nice. More from those FUD shots.

http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/07/new-photos-from-forward-unto-dawn.html

halo1.jpg

halo2.jpg

halo6.jpg

daedalius

I know that, but the reason why I mentioned the ARs is because the weapons of the videogames, so far, have never translated well into live action short films, like the BR in Halo 3: Landfall. The design of the weapons is made for the games, and so they look incongruous with all the other elements in the movie.

Edit: And when I was talking about the uniforms, I wasn't talking about those in the BTS parts in the IGN video, but those in the teaser we go. I should've posted with more clarity.

watched the whole thing again, so awesome.

Spiker looks terrifying in those btw; doesn't really translate in game, lol. Marines say 'OW!' when they get shot by it; in this they get pinned to walls and scream in agony.

At 4:24 in the First Look: Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn video the word he was looking for was "nerd chills."

http://youtu.be/b_4skHcCpT4?t=4m24s

Ah man, can't wait for this to start. Think I'll be in Costa-Rica for the first episode tho; something to look forward to when I get back I guess ;)

neoism

tip.
know when you get booted for accidently betraying someone two games in a row and get booted. No more halo for today. GODAMN the betrayal system fuck it fuck it fuck it.

I was watching this Seananners/Bravo commentary and I noticed you can modify your loadouts in game.
I really wish the loadouts would be locked when the game starts.
Especially with like 20 second respawn delays, and press x to respawn.
In a 10 player game with a bunch of casuals who are continuously modifying their loadouts, that would be such slow gameplay.

I hope that was a feature for E3 build only since loadouts reset always

I was watching this Seananners/Bravo commentary and I noticed you can modify your loadouts in game.
I really wish the loadouts would be locked when the game starts.
Especially with like 20 second respawn delays, and press x to respawn.
In a 10 player game with a bunch of casuals who are continuously modifying their loadouts, that would be such slow gameplay.

I hope that was a feature for E3 build only since loadouts reset always

It's necessary and a good thing, especially if there are going to be playlists with disabled armor abilities or perks.

Plus, you can't just choose when to respawn. You either respawn when you press the button or when the countdown reaches 0, so in a 5 second respawn timer game mode, you'll respawn after 5 seconds no matter what.

lilty

I can't force everyone to play the playlist I want, so I have to play some other lists :x

GGs yesterday. What playlists do you like to play, just wondering? I only played Super Slayer because my friend in real life was on and he's not the greatest Halo player in the world. Before then he was pestering me to play Gears which I really enjoy, I've just been playing too much of it lately.

It's necessary and a good thing, especially if there are going to be playlists with disabled armor abilities or perks.

Plus, you can't just choose when to respawn. You either respawn when you press the button or when the countdown reaches 0, so in a 5 second respawn timer game mode, you'll respawn after 5 seconds no matter what.

Yeah but there won't be 5 second respawns, especially with edit loadout.
They will be much longer to allow for people to customize their loadouts, which should be done pre-game.
Well that is my opinion. I'd rather be playing in game, not going through a huge series of menus.

If you're going into a playlist with restricted loadout rules, modify them before you go in :p
If we're going into COD we'll put on our low kill streaks and hook up our heartbeat sensors, if we go into domination we put on high killstreaks and offensive weapons.

Yeah but there won't be 5 second respawns, especially with edit loadout.
They will be much longer to allow for people to customize their loadouts, which should be done pre-game.
Well that is my opinion. I'd rather be playing in game, not going through a huge series of menus.

If you're going into a playlist with restricted loadout rules, modify them before you go in :p
If we're going into COD we'll put on our low kill streaks and hook up our heartbeat sensors, if we go into domination we put on high killstreaks and offensive weapons.

Or you could just modify your loadout while standing there. There's got to be a downside.

Or you could just modify your loadout while standing there. There's got to be a downside.

Yeah if there are loadouts, I'd rather have the respawn time be low.
But they will not be low. They are really pushing this game to be accessible to newcomers.
They aren't going to force newbies to die if they want to change their loadouts :p.

P.S. Plus COD locks loadouts on game start, why shouldn't Halo 4!

Unrelated to your question, but those guys are having tons of fun playing it. 343 hire Bravo as community guy.

I enjoy watching Bravo and Seannaners, both such great personalities

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Yeah if there are loadouts, I'd rather have the respawn time be low.
But they will not be low. They are really pushing this game to be accessible to newcomers.
They aren't going to force newbies to die if they want to change their loadouts :p.

I'd bet it's fairly low, they aren't going to let you sit in a menu forever. Reach barely gives you time to think when switching classes.

Akai__

You are correct. they have more flexibility. The downside is that they can only make one game and that's it, (unless of course they reach the milestones disclosed in the contract.) also the contract is very severe with bungie if they at one moment decide to stop developing the sequels for Destiny.

If MS does acquiere ActivisionBlizzard, I highly doubt they make Activision a XBOX exclusive company, if that happens....well, lets just hope it doesn't (Playstation is mentioned on numerous occasions in the contract.)

Sorry for the Off-topic, but I guess is more because it has to do with Bungie.

Yeah, you are probably right. Would be really weird, if Activison turns Xbox only...

I guess this off topic discussion isn't bothering people in here, correct me if I'm wrong. We are a community and we shouldn't talk only about Halo.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
FUD clarification via Frankie

These cadets are not Spartan or even ODST trainees, they are the scions of elite military brass, training for high level command careers. It's West Point, effectively.

We recorded two actors for the Chief's voice. This is set more than 20 years ago - Chief, by necessity has to sound much younger. Downes is our main Chief however and will be joining us at comiccon.

a zoojoo

Banned
Hey Warwood, want to get in a few reps b4 the tourney?

FUD clarification via Frankie

That 2nd part is most interesting, it takes place in 2537. What else happened that year?

EDIT: Looks like it's the same year most of the Spartan-III's died and the 2nd class of Spartan-II's were conscripted.

heckfu

Banned
Have you guys seen HaloUnity being advertised? It looks to be a hub trying to unite different Halo fan factions (Bnet, TTL, THC) but on two separate announcements I've seen there's no mention of HaloGaf lololololol

Omni

That 2nd part is most interesting, it takes place in 2537. What else happened that year?

EDIT: Looks like it's the same year most of the Spartan-III's died and the 2nd class of Spartan-II's were conscripted.

Second class of SIIs? I haven't read the books in a while, but aren't there only one class of SIIs? There are three of SIIIs, however. (I think)

daedalius

Second class of SIIs? I haven't read the books in a while, but aren't there only one class of SIIs? There are three of SIIIs, however. (I think)

There is indeed only one group of Spartan IIs, I believe there are only like 3 or 4 of them left as well.

MC
2 Spartan IIs from the Onyx debacle
More?

L1NETT

Have you guys seen HaloUnity being advertised? It looks to be a hub trying to unite different Halo fan factions (Bnet, TTL, THC) but on two separate announcements I've seen there's no mention of HaloGaf lololololol

Nope. Haven't heard of that.

Seems like a pretty odd thing to do, let the different communities be.

Remaining Spartan IIs:
1. John
2. Fred
3. Kelly
4. Linda
5. Naomi (that female Spartan II in Glasslands)
6. Maria if you count her.

I think that's it.

Vire

So Bulletin update today? I never can keep track with these things.

With Bungie, the What's Weekly Update came out on Friday everytime.

Remaining Spartan IIs:
1. John
2. Fred
3. Kelly
4. Linda
5. Naomi (that female Spartan II in Glasslands)
6. Maria if you count her.

I think that's it.
Glasslands is not canon.

Omni

So Bulletin update today? I never can keep track with these things.

With Bungie, the What's Weekly Update came out on Friday everytime.

Glasslands is not canon.
I think so... It seems to change every week.

Glasslands was bad, but not bad enough to ignore.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I have still yet to read Glasslands. Finishing Onyx now. Also working through Cryptum. So much to read.

Really makes me wonder how the game will explain the Didact, other Spartans, what Halsey's been up to etc.

daedalius

I have still yet to read Glasslands. Finishing Onyx now. Also working through Cryptum. So much to read.

Really makes me wonder how the game will explain the Didact, other Spartans, what Halsey's been up to etc.

Once you finish Glasslands, you'll know what Halsey is up to.

It picks up directly after Onyx.

Fuchsdh

Says me. Karen Travis is a terrible author.

I don't understand why they would offer her this deal, she was just as bad with the Gears of War franchise.
Go over to HBO and find your company :)

I can certainly see your argument as to her choices, but I don't think your can argue she's a bad author. She writes really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom