• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Is Halo 2 PC full of hackers or is it a custom map? I joined a game and everytime i tried to throw a nade it spawned a Warthog on top of my head and killed me.

Omni

Is Halo 2 PC full of hackers or is it a custom map? I joined a game and everytime i tried to throw a nade it spawned a Warthog on top of my head and killed me.

Sounds like you were just unlucky. I don't think I've ever been in a game where mods were active... at least in Halo 2 Vista, anyway (not that I've played all that much)

Woorloog

Banned
What's going on here? Haven't stayed up to date.
Hmm, Package-armor for FUD? *sigh* Should have gone with Halo Wars version...

Feel like wanting to play Reach. Gotta wait till Friday though, don't have Xbox with me (visiting grandma).

Also, what's the best way to contact an old friend i haven't seen or spoken with in years? Don't have Facebook, which would simplify this a lot.

Halo 4 to support Microsoft Surface tablets
By Tom Phillips Published 11 July, 2012
Anything Wii U can do, Microsoft can do too?

Microsoft will include support for its new Surface tablet within Xbox 360 shooter Halo 4.
Microsoft exec Don Mattress confirmed the feature last night at the GameBeat 2012 conference, VentureBeat reported.
How Surface tablets will integrate with Halo 4 is unknown, although its likely Microsoft will utilise the company's wireless SmartGlass technology shown off at E3.
That would enable Surface tablets to be used as a secondary touch-screen display for the game.
Getting such a concept working for a game released this year would be a huge boon for Microsoft. The Wii U's GamePad, Nintendo's own tablet controller, requires an entirely new console to use.
Halo 4 launches for Xbox 360 on 6th November. Nintendo is tipped to deploy its new hardware around the same time.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-11-halo-4-to-include-microsoft-surface-support

Nothing new. Dunno why this is even a news. Since Surface is running on Windows 8 or RT, it was pretty sure that it will have access to the Xbox Smartglass app and we saw already the Halo 4/Halo Waypoint integration in the smartglass trailer.

Same. Wonder if I can track it down..
You made me really happy. Love that I have one. muhaha.

blamite

I wonder if the fact that the Chief is wearing the armor from The Package has anything to do with the time period of the FUD series. According to Halopedia, The Package takes place in 2544, but that BTS video implies that FUD is set closer to the start of the war with the Covenant. if that's the case it might have made more sense to go with the Halo Wars armor. I guess it's really not a big deal though. Whatever the reason is, the armor in FUD looks great, and I can't wait to see it in motion. SDCC?

edit: Surface support isn't surprising. I assume it's for the next version of Atlas, maybe some other additional features. Don Mattress, though? Really?

Nothing new. Dunno why this is even a news. Since Surface is running on Windows 8 or RT, it was pretty sure that it will have access to the Xbox Smartglass app and we saw already the Halo 4/Halo Waypoint integration in the smartglass trailer.
True, but at the time they said that was purely a concept video.
You made me really happy. Love that I have one. muhaha.
I will be in Germany in 24 hours. We will see who will be laughing.

It'll be me! As I hop onto another plane and go to Tokyo!!!

L1NETT

Just saw the IGN FUD thing, looks great although the marine's uniforms are a bit dodgy but who really cares?

Full trailer at SDCC?

I wonder if the fact that the Chief is wearing the armor from The Package has anything to do with the time period of the FUD series. According to Halopedia, The Package takes place in 2544, but that BTS video implies that FUD is set closer to the start of the war with the Covenant. if that's the case it might have made more sense to go with the Halo Wars armor. I guess it's really not a big deal though. Whatever the reason is, the armor in FUD looks great, and I can't wait to see it in motion. SDCC?

edit: Surface support isn't surprising. I assume it's for the next version of Atlas, maybe some other additional features. Don Mattress, though? Really?
We are getting a trailer this Thursday. The director will be announced too.

About the story: We do not know if there are time-jumps.

That's what I was expecting and why I'm disappointed with what we got. The Halo Wars MK IV armour is much, much better than the "Package-armour".
The Package armor looks much better, resembles the Chief and the MJOLNIR MK.V much better than the Halo Wars armor.

Just saw the IGN FUD thing, looks great although the marine's uniforms are a bit dodgy but who really cares?
I haven't seen it, so not commenting on the specific case, but some whose immersion would be broken by seeing an incongreus level of quality e.g. that one cheap set in a high budget show you're watching.

Anyway, what's really important in this thing for me is the writing, acting, cinematography and direction of FUD, the sets/costumes aren't a worry for me.

I haven't seen it, so not commenting on the specific case, but some whose immersion would be broken by seeing an incongreus level of quality e.g. that one cheap set in a high budget show you're watching.

Anyway, what's really important in this thing for me is the writing, acting, cinematography and direction of FUD, the sets/costumes aren't a worry for me.
And we do not know how they look like after CGI guys have done their work.

Omni

The Package armor looks much better, resembles the Chief and the MJOLNIR MK.V much better than the Halo Wars armor.

I couldn't disagree more.

Masterchief_Spartan_Final.sized.jpg
That looks closer to the MK V than the Package version, IMO.

I have a bigger problem with the weapons than the uniforms, though those are off-putting too. The ARs look out of place and a bit ridiculous.

TheOddOne

I have a bigger problem with the weapons than the uniforms, though those are off-putting too. The ARs look out of place and a bit ridiculous.
People are forgetting that there is still post-work to be done, most filmed scenes look really rediculous. Editing, post-processing (like graining) and cleaning up do wonders to film.

People are forgetting that there is still post-work to be done, most filmed scenes look really rediculous. Editing, post-processing (like graining) and cleaning up do wonders to film.
I know that, but the reason why I mentioned the ARs is because the weapons of the videogames, so far, have never translated well into live action short films, like the BR in Halo 3: Landfall. The design of the weapons is made for the games, and so they look incongruous with all the other elements in the movie.

Edit: And when I was talking about the uniforms, I wasn't talking about those in the BTS parts in the IGN video, but those in the teaser we go. I should've posted with more clarity.

JonCha

Grr....so damn jealous of all you guys who have played it!

Halo 4 to UK pretty pretty please?

Yeah, I know. Bet it won't be at the Eurogamer Expo. I'm not sure any Halo games has been there.

Edit: Anniversary was there last year, and Reach in 2010.

Striker

I really can't get into the New Alexandria look, it just looks so generic future city to me. Though I love everything Mombasa in the Halo games so that aesthetic is something I can get behind.
I don't know, I guess it depends. I like how Boardwalk looks as a city area, but I don't think it uses the best assets. Terminal and Metropolis was a favorite of mine. Speaking of that, 343 needs to write some articles on the Halo 4 maps some time.

One from 2005 and Terminal: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=5467

Wow, Foundry looks visually so much more...nice... than Forgeworld.
Foundry was so ugly; only time I found it acceptable is when MLG or some users merged some geometry and made it look smooth. Otherwise, just a bunch of olive green boxes pushed together with some ugly stairs and crates. Sandbox's main land was a decent setting, and some nice lighting. Unfortunately the blocks/stones to build with were the complete opposite.

ZalinKrow

Not sure what to make of the armour in those screenshots from yesterday. Scout is definitely looking like my helmet of choice so far. I think the quality of the pictures makes a big difference though. If I had only seen Scout in that list of screenshots where the different armour pieces were being shown I don't think I would have liked it very much. But it looked super nice in the other pics then.

I can't wait to see how extensive the selection is this time around though. Even though Reach had a lot more than 3 did, once I saw them all I just wanted more haha. Same with the emblems. I'm still sickened they got rid of the one with the hawk and crossed swords :(

ZalinKrow

I would cry tears of joy, if Halo 4 can provide a BTB experience similar to the standard in Halo 2.

Wow, it just dawned on me that because I never had Live back then that I pretty much missed out on BTB in Halo 2. I played system link games all the time back then with friends, but there was only ever about 6 or 7 of us at most. We still played on big maps though, we played the strangest games back then. We'd play the same match for like an hour or so. Good times.

I just provide the goods, make sure you have the money.

Wow, it just dawned on me that because I never had Live back then that I pretty much missed out on BTB in Halo 2. I played system link games all the time back then with friends, but there was only ever about 6 or 7 of us at most. We still played on big maps though, we played the strangest games back then. We'd play the same match for like an hour or so. Good times.

You missed out on the golden days of XBL I guess, but hopefully Halo 4 can close to providing a an experience on par with it.

It is frankly depressing when confronted with the objective and BTB offerings in reach.

Eff you Elzar, I was just going to post this. EFFFFFFFFF YOOOOOOOOOU.

Lolololol, sorry junior.

Toward that end, Microsoft licensed 343 to Machinima.com, the game website and YouTube channel. That will be the only place to watch “Forward Unto Dawn” webisodes, beginning Oct. 5, save for Microsoft Xbox 360 consoles connected to the Internet.

When put together into a film, the “Halo” movie will be given away free with limited editions of “Halo 4,” and be available to rent or buy on DVD, Blu-ray and in digital stores.

So FUD is coming on October 5 and will be available on Blu-Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom