• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The communities represented are the communities whose fans have REPRESENTED THEM.

Nobody from HaloGAF has stepped forward. I guess you're all just a bunch of insular jerks.
I've mentioned 343communityforum.org and HaloGAF to my buddy that admins the site. So if all goes accordingly you'll seen them there.

Nori Chan

In really curious, but have they explained the rank system yet for 4? On the after game review, it did say recruit....so I'm wondering now.

I just hope they come up with a better way to end the game rather than the typical Warthog chase, trying to escape.

It was cool the first two times... let it be.

And by better I don't mean a Tartarus-like boss fight.

It's a difficult thing to end a FPS's campaign... even Valve struggled with it in the Half Life series.

343 has been listening of course, and they did conclude Hog Escapes were overdone. They have gone one step beyond the call for the fans, giving us.... this.....

iJDUx6jypSytS.gif

This does look badass though.

From where is this GIF from? Looks funny as hell in continious shot. :)

The short trailer at the end of the E3 gameplay, right before Cortana Screams.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
343 has been listening of course, and they did conclude Hog Escapes were overdone. They have gone one step beyond the call for the fans, giving us.... this.....

iJDUx6jypSytS.gif

This does look badass though.

wow. never noticed that before. ghost run!

Vire

We essentially had that in ODST.

ODST's ending just felt really anti-climatic to me. I can't quite place my finger on what about it was disappointing but yeah, just didn't click.

iJDUx6jypSytS.gif

Haha, ghost escape! Shouldn't the Phantom explode on impact besides the rocks being crushed?

How about Banshee escape? Or Sabre escape. :p

Please don't do that

a zoojoo

Banned

http://i.minus.com/iJDUx6jypSytS.gif[IMG]

This does look badass though.[/QUOTE]
Why would he escape though, Requiem wouldn't blow up, because the Infinity is still there 6 Months after the campaign.

GhaleonEB

ODST's ending just felt really anti-climatic to me. I can't quite place my finger on what about it was disappointing but yeah, just didn't click.

Haha, ghost escape! Shouldn't the Phantom explode on impact besides the rocks being crushed?

How about Banshee escape? Or Sabre escape. :p

Please don't do that

Mongoose escape!

Woorloog

Banned

Yeah, the ending was lacking... but then so was the story. The game nailed the atmosphere though.

EDIT am i the only one liking Halo 4 HAZOP?

Vire

So HaloUnity is essentially trying to form some sort of community Gravemind.

HaloGAF shall have no part in this. We will be the last vestige. We will be the ones to fire the rings.

No fucking way!

Booting up Halo 3 now.

In really curious, but have they explained the rank system yet for 4? On the after game review, it did say recruit....so I'm wondering now.
No real details yet, just basic speculation. 343 has essentially said that the system still being refined/tweaked, so it would be counterproductive to say anything concrete about it. I expect some sort of mashup of Reach and Halo 3, and hope that the skill and team matching are significantly better than anything that's come before in a Halo game.

I think Bungie's decision to go independent had more to do with wanting more creative freedom as well as letting the studio's culture flourish and less to do with being tied to any specific platform.
I believe they cited specifically that one of the reasons they didn't want to sign a publishing contract with MS was that they wanted to release on multiple platforms.
You are correct. they have more flexibility. The downside is that they can only make one game and that's it, (unless of course they reach the milestones disclosed in the contract.) also the contract is very severe with bungie if they at one moment decide to stop developing the sequels for Destiny.
That's their plan though. Bungie has already laid out their plan for making this series. Why would they commit to something they didn't want to do? They are an independent studio, they had the power to shop their idea to any publisher they wanted to. They know what they're doing.
If MS does acquiere ActivisionBlizzard, I highly doubt they make Activision a XBOX exclusive company, if that happens....well, lets just hope it doesn't (Playstation is mentioned on numerous occasions in the contract.)
Very true, making Activision published games Xbox exclusives would significant diminish the value of the company they just purchased. If MS purchases ActivisionBlizzard, things at that company will probably run pretty similar to the way they do now.

And to clarify, because no one seems to know this. Bungie is an independent studio, they are not owned by ActivisionBlizzard, they are not owned by the current parent company, and they would not be owned by MS if MS buys Activision. Bungie signed a publishing deal with AcitivisionBlizzard, the contract will remain in place regardless of who buys ActivisionBlizzard.

Personally, I don't think that MS will purchase the company. They have other divisions that purchases make more sense in, they don't need ActivisionBlizzard, their games already make MS lots of money.
I really dislike those medals.

I don't know how to explain why I don't but I hope they are changed.
It's pretty easy to explain, they are very ugly.
I think your individual score only counts towards personal ordinance drops. The team score, which is what determine's victory, goes up by 10 only when someone gets a kill.
Correct.

heckfu

Banned
So HaloUnity is essentially trying to form some sort of community Gravemind.

HaloGAF shall have no part in this. We will be the last vestige. We will be the ones to fire the rings.

This is probably why we weren't included. I'm on Team Dax and YOU KNOW THIS.

Also something I noticed about the Comic-con schedule that may be of interest to people. Tomorrow there is panels for Forward unto Dawn and a Fiction panel, but the panel that clearly is all about Halo 4 and that they will surely show something new from Halo 4 isn't until Saturday.

L1NETT

God damn, I haven't seen blue Peter in a long time.

Wasn't it cancelled? I'm not really in the target market :p

@IhaveIce and CC. It's from the E3 presentation. Right around when Cortana yells "I will not allow to leave this planet"

SDCC question from me? Are the panels being streamed? if so, what time GMT? Ta in advance.

Retro

I like the way this man thinks.

Don't count on it.

Before I decided to crack a joke, I was actually thinking it might be cool if you get to fly a UNSC Frigate inside Requiem, trying to escape as the whole planet breaks up. You'd pilot the ship and aim the MAC cannon to blast chunks of the Dyson sphere out of your way as the sky and all the pillars of heaven fall around you.

Have Sentinels trying to stop you the entire way too, with the AI firing off the defensive guns and Archer missiles for you, so there's shit blowing up everywhere around you as you escape.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
you know what i want in halo 4? sections in on foot levels where you can either jack a banshee, steal one before its piloted, or via some other means take to the air against ground forces that doesnt feel pre-planned by the designers. halo ce was excellent at this whereas i don't think any of the other halo games have even come close.

Chopper escape, just so we can have Cortana shout "GET TO THE CHOPPA!"

This is the best idea I've heard all month.

As for Silentium: Didn't Frankie utter that name in the latest podcast? I remember David going all "SPOILER ALERT" and then Frankie saying "Nah, it's just the working title."

Funny how that turned out.

Don't count on it.

Before I decided to crack a joke, I was actually thinking it might be cool if you get to fly a UNSC Frigate inside Requiem, trying to escape as the whole planet breaks up. You'd pilot the ship and aim the MAC cannon to blast chunks of the Dyson sphere out of your way as the sky and all the pillars of heaven fall around you.

Have Sentinels trying to stop you the entire way too, with the AI firing off the defensive guns and Archer missiles for you, so there's shit blowing up everywhere around you as you escape.

Dude. Stop toying with my imagination. You're setting us all up for disappointment.

Here's a Promethean Knight destroying an Elite.

i13K7IVCJ9PDz.gif

Chief holding onto something, Cortana? Maybe clenching his fist in rage? Also note his AR laying by his side. Wonder what the implications of this scene are.

i2241y6dixYSZ.gif

This is the best idea I've heard all month.

As for Silentium: Didn't Frankie utter that name in the latest podcast? I remember David going all "SPOILER ALERT" and then Frankie saying "Nah, it's just the working title."

Funny how that turned out.

Dude. Stop toying with my imagination. You're setting us all up for disappointment.
Greg Bear Blogged his next novel Halo: Silentium months before that podcast...

CyReN

The communities represented are the communities whose fans have REPRESENTED THEM.

Nobody from HaloGAF has stepped forward. I guess you're all just a bunch of insular jerks.

Speaking of which..

This is not a plug

Please join THC hub

This is not a plug

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why did we not dissect all these gifs a month ago? Shame on us.

Vire

I was rewatching the end of that E3 trailer portion I and I just noticed the beautiful skybox behind Cortana. At first I was just captivated by her screaming, but I didn't notice the amazing environment behind her:

k9gx0.png

kylej

Banned
I was rewatching the end of that E3 trailer portion I and I just noticed the beautiful skybox behind Cortana. At first I was just captivated by her screaming, but I didn't notice the amazing environment behind her:

k9gx0.png

saggy boobs

Greg Bear Blogged his next novel Halo: Silentium months before that podcast...

Really? Well, still seems as if they ran with their working title. Which is fine by me, 'cause it sounds awesome.

Was The Thursday War's cover revealed already, by the way? Seems like that should have happened months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom