• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Well, still seems as if they ran with their working title. Which is fine by me, 'cause it sounds awesome.

Was The Thursday War's cover revealed already, by the way? Seems like that should have happened months ago.
Yes! HaloGAF posted that before E3 I believe. Wiki the novels.

It's probably likely that a handful of actors and actresses from FUD will make an appearance in Halo 4's campaign and SpOps.

Nutduster

Neo Member
you know what i want in halo 4? sections in on foot levels where you can either jack a banshee, steal one before its piloted, or via some other means take to the air against ground forces that doesnt feel pre-planned by the designers. halo ce was excellent at this whereas i don't think any of the other halo games have even come close.

I agree, those parts in CE were awesome. I always like parts of campaign that feel a little less "on rails," where you can improvise and pull off something awesome. The only time I remember doing something like that in Reach was jacking a banshee (actually two of them back-to-back) on "The Package." Even that felt a little pre-approved though since you can't really go anywhere with them.

i13K7IVCJ9PDz.gif
Would make a good 'stop posting' or 'gtfo' .gif

I have a bigger problem with the weapons than the uniforms, though those are off-putting too. The ARs look out of place and a bit ridiculous.

I agree that the Halo 3 styled AR looks incredibly out of place in the live action bits.. its too bad they didn't go with something closer to the Reach design, it looks kinda weird now. Ah well, Im guessing it wont be a huge deal, I imagine it will look more 'real' after color correction, etc.

Also new pics, that were not posted here before.

More here, it mentions that the director is Stewart Hendler.

Cool, thanks, lots of good info and pics about FUD there.

rIYpN.jpg

I expect good things.

Speaking of the books:

Title, Cover Art and Date announced for Greg Bear's third...

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headline...se-Date-of-Third-Halo-Novel-By-Greg-Bear.aspx

image.axd
Ohhh nice. I spy believe I spy the Cryptum from Halo 4?

Did we meet Thomas Lasky already?

iWGFPEw20rTMD.jpg

Frankie said that the main character of FUD (Thomas Lasky) plays an important role in Campaign and Spartan Ops. Today he posted in the FUD thread that the cadets won't become Spartans or ODST. They will be "the scions of elite military brass". The dude is briefing the Spartan IVs for their upcoming mission, and I think he plays a big role in the Spartan Ops campaign. If he is the mind behind the Spartan Operations, then I think he is Thomas Lasky.

Pretty shitty assumption. I let my imagination speaking.

Oh, would you look at that, you may be right. Also, I was going to complain about the marine armor in FUD, but it looks exactly like this so its all good. I wonder if we will meet any other characters in FUD.. Im still hoping Nathan Fillion makes an appearance.

Yuppers! Team slayer on Haven and Regicide in Adrift.

saggy boobs

343 Pls fix.

Seriously.

Overdoziz

Banned
I agree, those parts in CE were awesome. I always like parts of campaign that feel a little less "on rails," where you can improvise and pull off something awesome. The only time I remember doing something like that in Reach was jacking a banshee (actually two of them back-to-back) on "The Package." Even that felt a little pre-approved though since you can't really go anywhere with them.
Grabbing the Banshee on the arch in Assault on the Control Room is always awesome.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
343, don't stop with Cortana. Offer low cost plastic surgery to everyone in the United States. Cause nerds need every body to fit their standards. Give the prez a call and hop on that Obamacare initiative.

daedalius

Have you guys noticed that the hitbox of the spartan in H4 while sprinting doesn't change much at all?

In Reach they kind of hunker down and hustle, but in h4 it looks like they are pretty much still standing straight up and running.

343, don't stop with Cortana. Offer low cost plastic surgery to everyone in the United States. Cause nerds need every body to fit their standards. Give the prez a call and hop on that Obamacare initiative.

More like she just seemed to get massive breast enhancements, which IMO was one of things I liked about Cortana before, was that they avoided design decisions like that. Just kinda seems like they tried to sexualize her a bit more.

daedalius

More like she just seemed to get massive breast enhancements, which IMO was one of things I liked about Cortana before, was that they avoided design decisions like that. Just kinda seems like they tried to sexualize her a bit more.

Someone actually did a proportional study with lots of numbers and geometry, concluding they are slightly smaller.

Back in one of the previous OTs.

Louis Wu

When's our next match mon capitan?
Good question. We play team CarryFu - I don't know if there are any rules about playing our next match before the current round is finished or not. Monsterfracas...?

This is so silly. This uses EXACTLY THE SAME SOURCE (the ExpertZone Q&A that surfaced last week) as all the articles that are suggesting they MIGHT be doing it, since they didn't deny it.

It's all rumor. Until 343 says "we're making this" or "we're not making this", it's pointless to try and figure out whether it's happening or not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I see what you're saying. I guess I see two separate conversations here:

1. Cortana's new design in Halo 4 is oversexualized.
2. LOL Cortana has saggy boobs in that one video clip.

I don't think people complaining about saggy boobs are doing so because they perceive Cortana as oversexualized. If anything, they're complaining cause that pic of Cortana doesn't do enough to serve the supreme needs of their nerd boners. Which, as a female, is the main importance of Cortana as a character, clearly.

And for the record, I don't know if I agree that Cortana is more sexualized (or portrayed in any otherwise fucked up way) in Halo 4. Some things I've seen make me think so, others don't. As of now, it's not an issue to me.

Omni

Am I the only one who doesn't want a Halo 2 remake? Keep all the resources on new games and leave legends resting.

But just imagine the Halo 2 campaign in remastered visuals! Delta Halo... High Charity... NM. It would be amazing. CEA turned out really well, and it would be a shame if Halo 2 didn't get the same treatment (especially considering of the bugs present when playing on 360)

(Halo 2 is my favourite Halo game. They'd just have to announce a remake and I'd preorder)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one who doesn't want a Halo 2 remake? Keep all the resources on new games and leave legends resting.
A digital rerelease with fixed emulation is all I care about. Oh, and updated control schemes.

Fuchsdh

But just imagine the Halo 2 campaign in remastered visuals! Delta Halo... High Charity... NM. It would be amazing. CEA turned out really well, and it would be a shame if Halo 2 didn't get the same treatment (especially considering of the bugs present when playing on 360)

(Halo 2 is my favourite Halo game. They'd just have to announce a remake and I'd preorder)

To me it'd be polishing a turd (not to say Halo 2 is a turd, but that a CEA treatment wouldn't address the systemic issues that make me enjoy Halo 2 less. In fact they might heighten them--2 dissapointed me because the outdoor areas felt so small and linear.

You are not alone. Hopefully the nextbox will magically circumvent the ghosting problem that H2's campaign has, but if I want better graphics I'll just buy the PC version. No need for a remake, especially since bringing back the multiplayer component would be even less likely due to the outcome with CEA.

watership

look familiar?

Okayokayokay. I have to ask this now. Spoilers for those who haven't read the Forerunner books.

Everyone assumes the ancient evil is the Diadact. Yet as far as I know he was one of the good guys. He believed in the Mantel, he wanted to preserve life and save them in the Shield Worlds, and only fired the rings as a last ditch effort to stop the flood. The last act however was after he was 'reborn' within Bornsteller. Am I missing something, or perhaps we have yet to see what happens to him in the last Greg Bear book?

Omni

To me it'd be polishing a turd (not to say Halo 2 is a turd, but that a CEA treatment wouldn't address the systemic issues that make me enjoy Halo 2 less. In fact they might heighten them--2 dissapointed me because the outdoor areas felt so small and linear.

It was no worse than CE; Literally half of Halo's campaign was backtracking through the same tight corridors. Sure, Halo 2 wasn't as "open" as a few levels in the original game, but it was just as fun, if not more... Well, IMO anyway.

I know it won't have multiplayer, but if it was $20 on Xbox Live, I'd probably pay that to play through the campaign with new graphics. I certainly don't need it though.

heckfu

Banned
I know it won't have multiplayer, but if it was $20 on Xbox Live, I'd probably pay that to play through the campaign with new graphics. I certainly don't need it though.

Oh don't misunderstand, I would TOTALLY play it. However, if I had a say, I would rather them leave Halo 2 alone. While I played CE, Halo 2 is the one that has the best memories for me and best MP (IMO) and would rather it be retired as what it was instead of remade and taint those memories (I'm look at you, jetpacks on Prisoner).

Fracas

#fuckonami
Bracket updated.

Also, have Teams Trey and Hypertrooper communicated/set up a match time?
edit: ok they have, nevermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom