• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news about the medals being changed. Now lets hope they look more closer to the old medals. The multikill and spree medals are so iconic for Halo IMO that they should never be changed significantly.

Next week's bulletin would be a great occasion to show off some of the new medal design.

Swarmerr

Things seem very positive for halo 4 right now!

Hopefully we get confirmation of a skill based rank system that at the very least we can see. If this happens I am fairly sure all my reservations for halo 4 will dissipate.

I am too, at this point if it's so low why not cut it unless it's so infused their game system? (aka this is me talking out of my ass I have no idea how to make a game)
Yeah I don't really think aim acceleration has a point in a arena/sandbox shooter, but people noticing that it's really low/they don't notice it at all is a great sign. I'd still love an option to turn it off, and still curious if people have noticed it's significant reduction on both axis's, as we have discussed the acceleration on the vertical axis is much worse than the horizontal axis in Reach making jetpacking opponents all the harder to fight.

Of my limited understanding of game engines, aim acceleration wouldn't be something that is essential to their systems.

I've enjoyed the aiming in every Halo game. I don't know how it turned into a big deal. My adaption is so far off the charts, I don't even notice changes in the game.

Aiming in Halo 3 is soooo sluggish. Seriously impacts my ability to enjoy that game.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Technically you have adapted but the issue comes from that.

Slow turn comes from aim acceleration? That's interesting.

I can't wait to play this game man. At this point I'm just passing over impressions, videos and other stuff about the game itself. It doesn't satisfy me to read or watch these things. They do nothing for me. I just need to play it.

m23

So wasn't Greg Bear supposed to be at the panel yesterday? I haven't heard any news about the new book aside from the title and cover. I thought he would give some hints and stuff, but haven't heard anything of that nature.

Random question David, did you guys ever consider adding something like this:
i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

Now that would be logical evolution if I ever saw it.
Quotin dis cuz it's a good Overdoziz post. Don't see many of those.

Wow, 590k views on the Forward Unto Dawn trailer already.

Awesome, good to see Halo's getting the exposure it's certainly going to deserve after H4 :)

GhaleonEB

They'll never do that, they will just be a bit older than in the books, which GRRM himself has said he wishes he made the kids older at the start of the series. There is one probable exception to this, but only those that have read all the books would know that.

I just can't see Bran and his brother being four years older and still working.

Swarmerr

I gotta say, I don't think I have been this excited for a halo campaign... ever..

The fact that the games will be fully immersed in the books has got me really pumped. Then again I could be considered a newb when it comes to halo fiction. I have read fall of reach, contact harvest, cole protocole, evolutions, the flood, halo first strike, cryptum, primoridium and glasslands. I honestly loved every single book. From what i have gathered by looking at other forums most people don't like every book in the halo series, so i guess I am trying to figure out what is "wrong" with certain books.

I just can't see Bran and his brother being four years older and still working.

They will make it work. They will just give off the impression that more time passes over the course of the show than it does in the books, which honestly, I was always amazed when reading the books looking up how little time passes over the course of the books. (If I recall correctly, the beginning of the series through the fifth book is about three years.) My exception for the no one being recast is (series spoilers)
Rickon, and that is for a specific plot reason.

Also, interesting that you mention Joffrey because the actor that plays him, Jack Gleeson, is actually 20 years old. He just looks quite young.

closer look at emblems, I really hope Sol is back.

Hasn't 343 said that all emblems from the previous Halo games would return in H4, with new ones to boot? Maybe I'm just imagining that...

I gotta say, I don't think I have been this excited for a halo campaign... ever..

The fact that the games will be fully immersed in the books has got me really pumped. Then again I could be considered a newb when it comes to halo fiction. I have read fall of reach, contact harvest, cole protocole, evolutions, the flood, halo first strike, cryptum, primoridium and glasslands. I honestly loved every single book. From what i have gathered by looking at other forums most people don't like every book in the halo series, so i guess I am trying to figure out what is "wrong" with certain books.
Dude, you are not a noob. Kudos for reading all of them. I still have much to read. Curious to know all your theories :)

Aggrotek

Menus look slick not gunna lie. Armor looks fucking great. Orbital helmet is still my favorite so far.

Ha ha, actually the medals have already changed since the E3 build.
Jesus fuck thank you.

Random question David, did you guys ever consider adding something like this:
i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

Now that would be logical evolution if I ever saw it.

More CoD assimilation?

wwm0nkey

So BSangel is super awesome and got me on the list for the Halo 4 VIP party, however at the last second I was turned away by the bouncer because I am not 21. I am not mad at the bouncer but I am pretty mad at the law that says a grown ass 20 year old can't drink.

Oh well it was still pretty awesome of her to try to get me in :)

Aw man, that sucks :( Reminds me of Gamescom, where you have to be 18 to play Halo games. I got sent away when it was my turn to enter the booth while I waited an hour in line to play ODST firefight 3 years ago.

Infinity FFA.

Must have been a custom game that didn't happen on the showfloor. I can't imagine that 73 kills is normal for that gametype, even if you're a good player.

Swarmerr

Dude, you are not a noob. Kudos for reading all of them. I still have much to read. Curious to know all your theories :)

Yeah I guess so, but I really want to read all of them.. I know im missing the ghost of onyx, and ill have to look online for some others I need to read. And my theories? What kind of theories did you have in mind?

Aggrotek

So BSangel is super awesome and got me on the list for the Halo 4 VIP party, however at the last second I was turned away by the bouncer because I am not 21. I am not mad at the bouncer but I am pretty mad at the law that says a grown ass 20 year old can't drink.

Stupid government! Yea, it's kinda stupid how you could die for your country but you cant even get a buzz.

No HUD UI elements except for Radar, Ammo, Reticule and Health.

Please and thank you.
While I agree the HUD seems to get cluttered at times, I don't know if I can get behind this. To little information is also bad.

They carded people at a comic-con party?

Trey

Lol forgive me, I am being swept up in the optimism :)

Trust me man, I'm as optimistic as you are. I have a tendency to ignore what I don't like about something. I always had fun in Reach with all its misgivings, so it was easy for me to love. I see some things I don't like in Halo 4 but it looks like an absolute blast to play and I'm always around for the campaign.

so i guess I am trying to figure out what is "wrong" with certain books.

I can help you here.

Halo: FoR -- Nothing, it was perfect.

Halo: the Flood -- Retelling of CE.

Halo: First Strike -- Events didn't do much world building and were kind of just there. Much of the shock and awe of the Covenant as an invasion force was used up in FoR. The middle of that book dragged.

Halo: Ghosts of Onyx -- Lack of Chief and Cortana, but Halsey made up for the AI's absence. Kurt was a non-engaging character to me. I never felt like I knew him, but I could predict everything he would do. Probably just a casualty of Nylund's limited characterization prowess.

Contact Harvest -- Everything non-Covenant perspective was boring.

Cole Protocol -- Utterly forgettable book.

Evolutions -- Varies. Lows were forgettable. Highs suffered from being displaced.

Cryptum -- Forerunner were a little too human-y to me.

Primordium -- First three quarters of the book are drier than camel-knees.

Glasslands -- Eh.

Indeed, something that has been said since Halo 2.

The hype gets to the best of us.

No.

Yes.

Text is the most descriptive and readable way to do game messages. Of course I'm all for options so that we can disagree and still both be satisfied.
Overdoziz sniped A27 Starwolf.

i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

The latter conveys more information (which team killed who) more easily than text that's very easy to miss. Not to mention that the "sniped" bit only shows up right now if someone heads a headshot. With the weapon icon we know which person on which team killed which person with what weapon. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom