• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyReN

HALOGAF WON

miracle-on-ice.jpg

oh shit BF4 announced already, so glad I jumped ship

It has to be a mistake, right? Surely someone messed up and they meant Bad Company 3.

but yeah, most likely bf4, haha

edit: Good games, fellas. Eventually I will be good at Halo. Just bare with me until I get there

DD-11

Someone on Waypoint reminded me to post this. Grenades are NOT easy to throw anymore you need to arch them decently now and due to no grenade pick up on bodies grenade spam has calmed down a lot.

At first I HATED the new grenade throw but I kind of like it now.

Grenade spam was the worst thing about Halo. So glad that they finally acknowledged it. Loving the new team's ideas so far (in theory at least).

CyReN

Awww yeah!

Also quick question, what there anything new there? Just a yes or no will do.

Besides the new map titled Frank Canyon, the free drinks, and the endless Spartan Ops new gameplay I don't think.

i kid, i have no idea i just follow domino on twitter.

FyreWulff

Why not go all the way and bust out the UDK or CryengIne 3 Sandbox SDK?

Using Unity for a separate project. I just like map editing software that sits between the Hammers of the world and Forge.

CryEngine 3 is pretty cool though, doesn't suit my current needs. I have something in mind that I'd like to do with it, but that'd be like.. 2014-2015.

I hear halo 4 is very good.

My Unity project is Halo related. slightlyontopic.jpg

Hopefully a later Halo actually exploits the fact that XNA exists, like Rock Band Network.

Guys...guys. I witnessed a certain Scotsman get three fairly long range sticky detonator sticks in succession. Even 343 staff were puzzled. One might use the term donged.

Guys...guys. I witnessed a certain Scotsman get three fairly long range sticky detonator sticks in succession. Even 343 staff were puzzled. One might use the term donged.

I wonder what they were more shocked about, that certain Scotsman or the fact the Sticky Detonator can apparently actually kill people?

Edit: wow, beaten by a junior. I better retire.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Can't wait to troll with the sticky detonator.

-Take camo
-Place charge on ordinance crate/flag/bomb/etc
-Wait
-'Splode it, kill an enemy
-Teabag, teabag, teabag

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm gonna continue to say this game will be on par with Halo 2.
My personal opinion (I haven't played it, I've only watched films, etc) is that Halo 4's multiplayer will be far better than Reach, but not as good as 3 or 2. Still pretty dang good.

As for campaign, not sure. My hype levels are at a very high level, but we haven't really seen much. I want to keep it that way though, going to try to keep away from any spoilers.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Can't wait to troll with the sticky detonator.

-Take camo
-Place charge on ordinance crate/flag/bomb/etc
-Wait
-'Splode it, kill an enemy
-Teabag, teabag, teabag

Although I sucked all night, randomly I got three consecutive long distance sticky detonations. Our MP lead was so baffled he came over and checked to see if it was luck or a satanic pact. Jury is out.

Edit. Actual witness beat me.

And now we call that the Tashi Skybox.

It's a capable weapon and allows for more creativity/opportunities. I was merely questioning the capability of the user. Speaking of cool things you can do with the detonator...Josh said that you can swap to your secondary and have the sticky grenade waiting to go off. So say you shoot the sticky detonator to plant the trap and then swap to your secondary, shoot a guy and bait him into your sticky, then swap to the detonator and bang.

Enjoy our cunning marketing tricks. We make slurpers out of haters.
aka replace yourself with Bravo.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Its just hard to use, then again the TVs we were using had tru motion on so there was input lag and I am sure that had a lot to do with it.

(again I HOPE tomorrow they take that off and set the input volume to PC to get rid of input lag)

I will personally fix his.

It's a capable weapon and allows for more creativity/opportunities. I was merely questioning the capability of the user. Speaking of cool things you can do with the detonator...Josh said that you can swap to your secondary and have the sticky grenade waiting to go off. So say you shoot the sticky detonator to plant the trap and then swap to your secondary, shoot a guy and bait him into your sticky, then swap to the detonator and bang.

Replaces bouncing mechanism with sticky, Grenade Launcher superior for obvious reasons. Never Forget.
20090314023539%21Hood_salute.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom