• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No HUD UI elements except for Radar, Ammo/Grenades, Reticule and Health.

Please and thank you.
Damn, some of you people are overly sensitive to "clutter™." I for one am glad that we have grenade indicators now so I don't have those moments of "where the fuck did that nade come from."

Noricart

Damn, some of you people are overly sensitive to "clutter™." I for one am glad that we have grenade indicators now so I don't have those moments of "where the fuck did that nade come from."

You're still gonna have those moments, it's just gonna be "oh that grenade exploded in that direction next to me."

Yeah I guess so, but I really want to read all of them.. I know im missing the ghost of onyx, and ill have to look online for some others I need to read. And my theories? What kind of theories did you have in mind?
Well anything regarding the events to Halo 4.
Chakas essence takes control of an unknown Unsc ship. The Cryptum observing the Infinity, Halsey being on that Halo in Main menu background.

Tawpgun

So BSangel is super awesome and got me on the list for the Halo 4 VIP party, however at the last second I was turned away by the bouncer because I am not 21. I am not mad at the bouncer but I am pretty mad at the law that says a grown ass 20 year old can't drink.

Oh well it was still pretty awesome of her to try to get me in :)

Murrica

789shadow

Banned
If you're playing Reach, the answer is that it fucking appeared in thin air right above your god damn head.

CyReN

Isn't this game rated M for Mature. What's with all the little kids?

Not hating, just wondering.

I think since it doesn't have a rating yet it may be fine, or his parents are there. I can't give kids shit today though I grew up playing Mortal Kombat, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark when I was around 11 or so.

If they have parent permission they can play.

and we have it.

Vire

Still not feeling the Sniper Rifle design.

A little part inside of me hope it's changed... but I understand if they don't. :/

malfcn

Overdoziz sniped A27 Starwolf.

i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

The latter conveys more information (which team killed who) more easily than text that's very easy to miss. Not to mention that the "sniped" bit only shows up right now if someone heads a headshot. With the weapon icon we know which person on which team killed which person with what weapon. It's great.

Gears of War?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Its just hard to use, then again the TVs we were using had tru motion on so there was input lag and I am sure that had a lot to do with it.

(again I HOPE tomorrow they take that off and set the input volume to PC to get rid of input lag)

Ugh! I couldn't play in those conditions

The lack of aim acceleration has me hyped, it's really bad in 3 and I never noticed it until after Reach. It's the hardest thing for me to readjust to when I go back to 3. I do start to forget about it after 2 or 3 games but those first few games are awful haha.

i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

The latter conveys more information (which team killed who) more easily than text that's very easy to miss. Not to mention that the "sniped" bit only shows up right now if someone heads a headshot. With the weapon icon we know which person on which team killed which person with what weapon. It's great.
The colors are distracting and they make text harder to read. Weapon drawings require more attention, especially when players aren't familiar with these unique representations. Text is accessible, clear, more easily read using peripheral vision, and less distracting when properly placed, with complimentary color and font (admittedly, there were problems with the size and placement of Reach's game messages in split screen).

As I said, I'm all for including both styles if people honestly prefer a different style.

Gray Man

Banned

i5KUckIF8eqgb.png

I really love this idea, its really simple, and I love using a weapons icon rather than text! Overdoz1z must be good with that sniper, or this Star Wolf kid must blow.

Oh yea I said that some pages back. It should be like Time of event: X Y X

x are the players
y is the weapon used to dong

it could at least be at the end game screen.

wwm0nkey

Someone on Waypoint reminded me to post this. Grenades are NOT easy to throw anymore you need to arch them decently now and due to no grenade pick up on bodies grenade spam has calmed down a lot.

At first I HATED the new grenade throw but I kind of like it now.

Someone on Waypoint reminded me to post this. Grenades are NOT easy to throw anymore you need to arch them decently now and due to no grenade pick up on bodies grenade spam has calmed down a lot.

At first I HATED the new grenade throw but I kind of like it now.

How so? slow to throw? its still a like halo reach's rocks or more lighter like halo 3?

wwm0nkey

Think about it like this, you can serve your country and kill a man and vote but can't have a liquid drink or buy 2 R-Rated movie tickets.

AxvW9r7CAAID2MM.jpg

I am just hoping some of you guys grabbed me swag from there lol

Still really stinks though, I mean why dont they have an under 21 arm band?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom