• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's not true.

Again, like I said, it's hard to tell... but the Blue Team's score is actually pretty readable (except for the last one) on Bravo's last kill.

12, 11, 11, and a one-digit number - that adds up to a MAXIMUM of 43. And yet, they have 450 points.

I think something else is adding to the scores.

(Likewise, the red team at that point LOOKS like 20/13/13/11 - or 57 kills. I suppose one of those 13s could be a 15.)
Been watching those scoreboards since we first got footage of MP in this game due to the confusion over it and I'm pretty positive I'm right. If all your other points counted towards team score you would hit 600 points with way less than 60 kills, not something close to it (We'd be playing slayer games to 30 kills). Also, notice that there is never a 5 at the end of a team score, but there is plenty of +5, +15, and +25's going up on a players individual score. The gametypes info on the official Halo 4 site even says that there is a seperation of individual and team scores in Halo 4.
People like higher numbers.
Pretty much.
Which reminds me. Ellis, on a scale of 1 to lol how screwed am I for SpOps content?
I don't think we need Ellis to confirm that you are going to need some new storage lol.

Trigger pulled.

See yall at pax.
DAMN YOU!

Jelly

huh-o.gif
another one !

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Question regarding the Sparkcast: Does Microsoft have any statistics regarding campaign only players that have/do not have XBL Gold?

Because that's something I'm might end up doing next generation unless something mind blowing happens (buying an Xbox simply due to the campaign and not purchasing Live - hope PSN builds on VITA's improvements). It's out of your hands, but it's a bigger barrier than narrative transition to online play. Must be annoying.

Arnie

Divide by ten? I know though, I want it simple, too.

Doesn't work though does it? There's points for distractions and assists. It's not a case of simply dividing the numbers by 10 to understand the actual score in slayer, and even if it was, that would still be a huge step back from previous Halo games.

It's such a convoluted, lazy system.

Doesn't work though does it? There's points for distractions and assists. It's not a case of simply dividing the numbers by 10 to understand the actual score in slayer, and even if it was, that would still be a huge step back from previous Halo games.

:lol

FyreWulff

8gb is the recommend space for optimal multiplayer experience. Get a thumb drive...

Hopefully Halo 4 is device-agnostic in that respect. Reach isn't the only game that will ignore the fact that you have 16GB of space because it isn't the right type of device. Looking at you, Burnout Paradise.

Noricart

May as well go full COD (BLOPS in this case) and make it so that kills, assists and game-type score show up separately when you press the back button. let's multiply the score by 10 is still pretty stupid, unless well see a game type where +15 and +25 is important.

Edit:Regicide needs the 10x multiplier for those +25 against the king.

darthbob

Hopefully Halo 4 is device-agnostic in that respect. Reach isn't the only game that will ignore the fact that you have 16GB of space because it isn't the right type of device. Looking at you, Burnout Paradise.

Is it really that much of a hassle to use a hard drive?

I mean, using a 360 S, it's super easy to 'DIY' a 360 hard drive.

FyreWulff

Is it really that much of a hassle to use a hard drive?

I mean, using a 360 S, it's super easy to 'DIY' a 360 hard drive.

Well, I'd assume they were moving in that direction, seeing as how they patched Reach to at least let people use USB storage to play Firefight and Campaign Co-Op with. I'm just going to assume Recent History / Local Files / File Share was too big of a system to patch.

GhaleonEB

My daughter played Skyrim earlier today, which resets the playlist to the default selection, which is Team Slayer, rather than the last played. I ended up in that one without noticing until the game was starting.

We led the entire game, until three seconds left. Guess who ran straight into the enemy base when it was fully populated, and they had sword?

I wish I was going to PAX this year instead of last. :(

My solution to this problem is to go every year. But then I have location on my side.

OverHeat

« generous god »
I really dont understand the storage issues here their so many good games on XBLA how can you miss all of them, your a gamer posting on a gaming forum :s. I only have 60 GB left on my 250GB hdd and Im thinking of buying a 320 if I dont buy the new H4 Xbox 360.

But that's exactly how it works, that's what we've been saying. The points for distractions and assists and headshots don't go toward the team score, it's just kills. Kills give your team 10 points each, you go to 600 points = 60 kills. Like I said, I'd love for a playlist that just goes to 50 points, 1 point for kill, but this is the mainstream now.

Karl2177

I really dont understand the storage issues here their so many good games on XBLA how can you miss all of them, your a gamer posting on a gaming forum :s. I only have 60 GB left on my 250GB hdd and Im thinking of buying a 320 if I dont buy the new H4 Xbox 360.

This is ridiculous. Guys, I guess I'm out of here. Can't play all of those arcade games so I'm done. See y'all later.

Sai-kun

Banned

i'm only here for the heckfu gifs and pop music topic

Ramirez

At least you got to go. :(

I've been twice, but never in a year where a new Halo was launching, just map packs. Still a good time, but I think the feel would be different for a new title launching.

My solution to this problem is to go every year. But then I have location on my side.

lol, I wish I lived close enough to drive to it. I could probably get the money together, but I don't have passes, and I'm not sure if my wife would be cool with me going again. :p

Louis Wu

btw. where do you stay? At the airport area like Ghal, me and Domino and Nutters(I think they both were looking for hotel at the airport)? I am just looking for people, so I do not have to take the light rail alone like last year. :(
I'm surprised more people aren't using stuff like airbnb.com. I just looked, and I'm seeing downtown stuff for $40, $50, $60 per night - way below hotel rates for similar spaces. There are even rooms for $25.

Tawpgun

You decided to buy the cheapest version of a console and your complaining about a game that require storage?

Are you shitting me?

Not everyone here is interested in buying every single good arcade game that comes out. Not everyone is interested in dropping hundreds of dollars on games, and absurd hard drives (that are overpriced) for them.

Not to mention he probably has the 20 gig, like the one I have. At the time, this was the biggest model. It was either that, or an arcade xbox with no HD and memory cards.

Not everyone on neoGAF is a huge gamer either.

Are you shitting me?

Not everyone here is interested in buying every single good arcade game that comes out. Not everyone is interested in dropping hundreds of dollars on games, and absurd hard drives (that are overpriced) for them.

Not to mention he probably has the 20 gig, like the one I have. At the time, this was the biggest model. It was either that, or an arcade xbox with no HD and memory cards.

Not everyone on neoGAF is a huge gamer either.

Valid points but having a 20gb at this point is insane. A 250GB is like $55 at this point surely you should of grabbed on by now its 6 years into the console lifespan and its become increasingly common for DLC and other miscellaneous downloads to become larger and larger. Not to mention the addition of installing game.

I'm surprised more people aren't using stuff like airbnb.com. I just looked, and I'm seeing downtown stuff for $40, $50, $60 per night - way below hotel rates for similar spaces. There are even rooms for $25.
It is the first time I heard about the site. To be honest, I am not travelling much, so I do not know these nice sites. Even one of my newspaper is recommending it. Not for this year's PAX Prime but maybe next year I am going to try it out.

Seance

Banned
This is ridiculous. Guys, I guess I'm out of here. Can't play all of those arcade games so I'm done. See y'all later.
Infinity slayer is not a replacement gor regular slayer. Only infinity slayer and regeide have been showcased because they are new.

lawful

Banned
Valid points but having a 20gb at this point is insane. A 250GB is like $55 at this point surely you should of grabbed on by now its 6 years into the console lifespan and its become increasingly common for DLC and other miscellaneous downloads to become larger and larger. Not to mention the addition of installing game.

I cannot fathom the logic behind getting a 4 gig console unless all you want to do is Zumba and Kinect games. I assume (wrongly perhaps) that anyone halfway serious about playing a AAA title game let alone more than one should know that you need more than 4 gigs of space. The console basically takes up the 4 gigs to run it anyway doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom