• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Halo 4 also brings new medals and rewards to the experience, rewarding players not only for kills, but also style, assists, team support, and objective gameplay. Some of the things that count as “style” are killing an opponent attempting to hijack or skyjack a vehicle, ending an opponent’s killing spree, and killing an opponent that stole your ordnance.
Heh. I like the sound of that, they're getting creative with medals/bonuses.
You're looking at some locations purpose built for Spartan Ops. :)

wonga

Overdoziz

Banned
ibh8zENM3WgVwO.png

i72wZb1PafNaM.png

izuAvT8Vff0G0.png

iMk8qlcn9aS8t.png

heckfu

Banned
http://i.minus.com/ibh8zENM3WgVwO.png[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iDNwEcu7tc9yN.png[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/izuAvT8Vff0G0.png[img]
[img]http://i.minus.com/iMk8qlcn9aS8t.png[img][/QUOTE]

Holy shit. Just...wow.

Way to go Ellis, Frankie, and company. We were just getting comfortable being cynical and now you've gone and gotten our hype meters up again.

And I'm wearing scrubs...how embarrassing that my 'hype meter' is all the way up...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Holy shit. Just...wow.

Way to go Ellis, Frankie, and company. We were just getting comfortable being cynical and now you've gone and gotten our hype meters up again.

And I'm wearing scrubs...how embarrassing that my 'hype meter' is all the way up...

I like your nurse's uniform guy.

I can't wait to play this shit already. I don't know exactly how I'm going to conquer it. Probably Campaign first, then multiplayer and then Spartan Ops when I get a good party of 4 I wanna play with.

I wonder if the campaign difficulty levels will be spread like they were in the last couple of Halo games. Where Normal is really for people unfamiliar with Halo and Heroic is for the veteran Halo players but not necessarily gods at the game.

My god Halo 4 is looking niccceeee

The only thing that's slightly disappointing is that it seems like it's repurposed art assets from the single-player.

Still looks nice I suppose...

Well I would expect to return to some similar environments in missions, that area is probably very large so while art style wise it may look the same I am sure it has distinguishing features.

You're looking at some locations purpose built for Spartan Ops. :)

Awesome. Hyped. =)

Vire

So David, was that what you were hinting to, or is there more goodies in store?

I NEED THIS GAME IN MY VEINS.

The more I see of this game, the more I'm continually blown away. Pre-purchase vindicated.

Overdoziz

Banned
I really hope they've improved the co-op netcode. It's unplayable at times in previous Halos, especially on harder difficulties.

JackHerer

The lava looks quite nice in those shots.

Unrelated to spartan ops: is there any word on whether the medals from the E3 build are place holder or not? They are very bland and kind of an eye sore. The Reach medals looked much nicer so I really hope they bring that style or something close to it back.

kylej

Banned
To be fair, judging that population on a weekday morning in the game's largest territory is always going to be a sad story. Last night it had about 800, which isnt great, but not terrible.

800 people playing the only dedicated objective playlist during primetime is pretty crappy :/

Elzar check tourney thread plz

Louis Wu

Wow. Just ran stats on HBO's mirror of the bulletin, vs the original:

ouch.png

I mean, I realize we're all on high-bandwidth connections and everything, but... these two pages show the same content. :(

I love how they brought back the clean, bright, and colorful look of Halo 3. Reach didn't look bad, but I much prefer the Halo 3 look.

It seems to be a mix of the look of Halo 3 and Reach which is a good thing IMO, Halo 3 looked good at times, like poop at others. Same with Reach, but it was a drastic upgrade from 3 in most ways.. Halo 4 looks godly.

I'm sure this is an easy answer and I'm just mentally tired from work, but what are the arrows on the outer edge of the radar indicating?

Hmm.. good catch, I dunno. Maybe weapon drops?

Also, those 3 notches under the shieldbar...I wonder if they will be/were used for teammate health indicators.

Overdoziz

Banned
Wow. Just ran stats on HBO's mirror of the bulletin, vs the original:

ouch.png

I mean, I realize we're all on high-bandwidth connections and everything, but... these two pages show the same content. :(
But does your site have an awesome dropdown box? I didn't think so!

I thought the question was relevant, the reaction to it predictable. I believe he genuinely didn't know the answer to the question; whether it was due to the fact that it was so unimportant to gameplay or just the fact that he didn't remember what minutia took place in the build is irrelevant. A lot of people think that when you're a project lead, you should be omnipotent when it comes to the content of your project.

Yeah, he obviously knew it, that's why he said he didn't know.

It takes seconds to realise that Its not something that's going to be possible, Even if you allow the possibility that he genuinely had never tested this its very safe to assume that he immediately knew it was not possible when asked.

Seems to me like a simple case of the guy didnt want to give a direct "no you cannot do that" answer when being interviewed so he brushed it off

neoism

looks great but the gun sounds, medals and the announcer even though it's the same guy sounds weird or not goood. :/

It's at least semi-localized; I played a game an hour ago.

Interesting, I guess its a wait and see thing. Hopefully it comes up sooner rather than later.

looks great but the gun sounds, medals and the announcer even though it's the same guy sounds weird or not goood. :/

I agree that all of those felt really off, but then again they did mention a sound bug is present that was messing with the gun sounds.. Still, I hope that all of those things were WIP and may see upgrades.

Gui_PT

I really hope they've improved the co-op netcode. It's unplayable at times in previous Halos, especially on harder difficulties.

I don't even try to co-op anymore, it's just unplayable.

Which is unfortunate because campaign co-op is one of my favorite things about Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom