• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master_JO

Banned
ibh8zENM3WgVwO.png

i72wZb1PafNaM.png

izuAvT8Vff0G0.png

iMk8qlcn9aS8t.png

That is just amazing. thanks overdoz1z for those pictures.
And thank you 343i. Frank and the team, you really are taking care of Halo. This is the prettiest Halo ever. Keep up and great job.:D

Have I missed something? What is the Xbox 8? I hope it's not the way there are calling the next Xbox, just because of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8... Terrible name for the next Xbox.

The 8 will turn sideways, the new Xbox is going to be called Xbox Infinity.

It does not. Why? If you watch the MLG videos again, you will notice how fast they run into an encounter after spawn. It definitely does not need more players.

All of the Slayer matches on Adrift went to or near the time limit. Not every map in the game will be a home run, it's clear without even playing it that Adrift is not a home run.

Wut

I could possibly see not liking it, but calling it awful? Get out.

Edit: See above. Sorry. Nevermind. I probably agree with you.

Sadly, it still sucks. The incorrect geometry and lines of sight are pretty bad, and especially noticeable at no bloom. They have a v8 test version that's much better, but the game likely won't be at another event, so it won't get updated.

Also planning to crouch with the Hard Light Shield just to see what happens.

The game will probably explode.

Wow, those environments look great. Nice bulletin, the video was very nice.

L1NETT

Hopefully the great range in Spartan OPs environments we have seen will mean a wide range in possible forge themes.

Havok

800 people playing the only dedicated objective playlist during primetime is pretty crappy :/

Elzar check tourney thread plz
Yeah, don't get me wrong, my assessment of it not being terrible is going through the New Halo Objective Playlist Filter, where my baseline is "this playlist is about two seconds from being cut oh god." These days, I just save that sentiment for hilarious stuff like Squad DLC which is constantly below 250 or Super Slayer which is a disastrous failure at this point.

However, not knowing what their grand playlist consolidation plan is terrifies me, considering that most of the playlists I enjoy are below 1.5k at any given time, Objective being at the top of my favorites list.

CyReN

First MLG doesn't do Halo at Raleigh and now MS has XBL down so I can't get my MLG Jackpot. Cruel cruel (gaming) world.

and heckfu

JonCha

Right, sent PMs out to all of my team and Computron's team. Waiting for everyone to get back now.

What times are the schedule times? I think I selected my time zone (GMT) ...

Nutduster

Neo Member
Yeah, don't get me wrong, my assessment of it not being terrible is going through the New Halo Objective Playlist Filter, where my baseline is "this playlist is about two seconds from being cut oh god." These days, I just save that sentiment for hilarious stuff like Squad DLC which is constantly below 250 or Super Slayer which is a disastrous failure at this point.

The fact that squad slayer was killed in favor of a playlist with a low population that your average joe views as redundant and not worth bothering with... aaarrgh. I miss squad.

However, not knowing what their grand playlist consolidation plan is terrifies me, considering that most of the playlists I enjoy are below 1.5k at any given time, Objective being at the top of my favorites list.

Likewise. The playlists I play the most are super slayer and objective, and both hang by a thin thread I'm sure.

I really, really wish they'd just rolled out the TU across the board to all playlists. I doubt most people playing vanilla team slayer right now would have even noticed.

I'm sure this is an easy answer and I'm just mentally tired from work, but what are the arrows on the outer edge of the radar indicating?
Ordnance Drops seems like the likely answer, especially if you take this pic into account:

Infographic_UPDATED.png

The radar shows six arrows, and the infographic shows six drop points.

For the weapon spawn system in Infinity Slayer, it sounds like the game looks at the map, decides what weapon is missing, and spawns it. So if there are people with snipers already, but rockets aren't there and it's time to spawn a weapon, it spawns rockets, etc. Sounds pretty cool actually

FyreWulff

Is there any way to keep GAF from loading the mobile CSS on an iPad?

Edit: The Xbox here had the hdd fail, so I am without DLC because it only has 500mb total space. DLCless Reach feels weird.

I thought BS Angel's wording in the bulletin could have been alluding to a Forge reveal at RTX. But David just posted that the stuff being shown would be cool, but not mind blowing. So that probably nixes my thinking in the butt.
Speaking of which, RTX is tomorrow. We spent the last few weeks working on the panel, putting it together piece-by-piece, making sure every last part was in picture-perfect position. The final section just snapped into place, and we’re hoping you’ll be pleased with what we created. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
And she could just be talking about the Panel and nothing more. Oh well.

Awesome gif, can you do one of the new SpOps environments from the video?

Interesting that you go into 3rd person while using the thrust pack, I bet that ability will be really fun to use. It seems to be similar to evade in concept but a lot different in actual use.

I thought BS Angel's wording in the bulletin could have been alluding to a Forge reveal at RTX. But David just posted that the stuff being shown would be cool, but not mind blowing. So that probably nixes my thinking in the butt.

And she could just be talking about the Panel and nothing more. Oh well.

Wasn't he referring to stuff we would see today? So that would separate than the RTX stuff. Still, I wonder if what he was referring to was the Bulletin content or something else.

Also, I suspect Comic-Con would be perfect for the Forge reveal.

http://i.minus.com/iBP93dAen0MZw.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Glorious.

[quote="thezerofire, post: 39572069"]wait, did the thrusters always shoot you out to 3rd person? looks disorienting[/QUOTE]
Actually that is a good point, I remember staying in 1st person. I'm not sure what this 3rd person deal is...

[quote="Gui_PT, post: 39572103"]Ugh, while it does look cool, I can tell it's going to be just like evade aaaallll over again[/QUOTE]
A one use per charge AA that leaves the players head and body fully exposed. Yeah, just like evade.

Ramirez

Getting Evade flashbacks.

Except that it's only one evade & the animation actually makes sense this time.

Just finished Cryptum, wasn't nearly as slow as some of you made it out to be, pretty good read overall. Probably start Primordium on vacation next week.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ugh, while it does look cool, I can tell it's going to be just like evade aaaallll over again
not at all. Evade changes your silhouette as well as changing your direction. Shooting thrusters is regular strafing, more or less.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up and read the bulletin. A few thoughts:

- omg omg omg
- Infinity Slayer looks awesome to me. It'll be a fun alternative to normal Slayer, and probably my favorite gametype addition to the series since Assault.
- The Needler as power weapon is going to be infuriating, I bet.
- LOL @ MLG being chosen for the jackpot. Someone make a montage.

Now I'm gonna go watch that new video. :-D

We don't know, we haven't had any footage from a player's POV who has had thrusters til' now.

When I used thruster it was in first person. First you get this quick white flash on screen (that somewhat skews your vision) and then you haul ass.

Just woke up and read the bulletin. A few thoughts:

- omg omg omg
- Infinity Slayer looks awesome to me. It'll be a fun alternative to normal Slayer, and probably my favorite gametype addition to the series since Assault.
- The Needler as power weapon is going to be infuriating, I bet.
- LOL @ MLG being chosen for the jackpot. Someone make a montage.

Now I'm gonna go watch that new video. :-D
But...but..but yesterday Infinity Slayer sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom