• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure Halo 2 anniversary/HD/Arcade/Mappack is something they are seriously considering, but they probably wont make any decisions regarding that until a little fater Halo 4 launches. It should happen IMO, but how is the issue that I don't have an answer for.

Halo4_sketch2_sized.jpg

Pretty awesome concept art.

I really wonder how they planned on using this in the commercial..its implications are pretty awesome.

I love this one also, despite MC looking chubby

Description:
Here are some images done for the new Halo 4 live-action trailer that recently debuted at E3. As it often happens not everything made it into the final cut. Initially there was a scene where Master Chief scales up a mountain as parts of a massive ship breaks up and rains down on to a jungle landscape. We see a reflection of it in MC's visor as it comes down. The story boards looked great for it, but for one reason or another it ended up getting cut.

That sounds pretty awesome, but I don't think the suit would have held up visually...Or maybe it would have looked better in less of a close up. My issue with it is that the edges have a soft look to them, the armor have more of a light plastic than a hard cutting edge 1000lb future suit. The visor also suffers from a similar issue, and the paint app once again looks just a tad off. It probably was a time constraint thing, but I thing it looks very awkward in the trailer when we see MC up close, especially after everything else looked so good. I wonder why they didn't just use CG for him or just the in-game part which looks amazing.

Been preferring good connection all day. Every game has been stuffed with Americans. Nobody in Europe plays Reach anymore! Everyone's an eight shot kill with this latency.

Probably not the best time to drop this nugget of campaign discussion because it'll get lost in the Bulletin discussion, but here it goes.

I'm playing The Covenant and I'm at the end of the brief flying section. Normally what I do following that – at the third tower – is lay waste to the Brute chieftain and his soldiers from the safety of the Hornet. I had been doing this for as long as I can remember.

I didn't do it this time. If you let the Brutes stand, and land the Hornet at one of the sides, what used to be a stroll to the entrance becomes a grueling, bloody fight for every inch of advancement. Elite and Marine AI fighting along side you, tiptoeing around the chieftain's fuel rod, and trying to make use of whatever advantages you have from below. At one point I had managed to kill the Brute chieftain by luring it into a certain spot and have one Hornet in the sky kill it off with its machine gun.

Many deaths were had. I can't wait to repeat this experience during my Heroic run in the fall.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Waypoint doing its thing.

Not a Waypoint thing per se. Live was down for a bit and there are dependencies between our servers and theirs. Unfortunate, but we're working through it.

Also, set your hype meters appropriately. It's very cool, but not mindblowing.

GhaleonEB

Not a Waypoint thing per se. Live was down for a bit and there are dependencies between our servers and theirs. Unfortunate, but we're working through it.

I figured given the Live issues mentioned earlier. Just giving Waypoint some grief; it won't let me log on at all on my wife's laptop, even when it's running.

Vire

Sweet! Looking forward to it.

Nutduster

Neo Member
Forge info? Forge forge forge forge forge.

Ahem: FORGE

Which is all to say, I would like to know some stuff about forge. Now off to read this bulletin. (Hopefully with forge info in it.)

kylej

Banned
Staring at the Team Objective banner in the lobby. It has 216 people playing right now. This is what non-MLG objective Halo has become. Sad. Can someone please legitimately hire juices to work on this shit, I'm so, so tired of incompetent playlist management. Its been years of the same terrible garbage, drives me crazy to see playlists atrophy and watch friends abandon the game for greener pastures while the people in charge move at a snail's pace.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
We are still fine-tuning the system but in its current iteration, each successive ordnance takes 30% more to get. On average, each player gets 1-2 ordnance per game. Solid playing may net you three; however, I’ve been unable to confirm. For obvious reasons.

Interesting. Not too terrible.

At first glance I thought that SpOps location was a new blood gulch remake, lol. Man am I digging that art style, so sexy.

New pics:

Was this referring to the content in the Bulletin or something separate?

Havok

Staring at the Team Objective banner in the lobby. It has 216 people playing right now. This is what non-MLG objective Halo has become. Sad. Can someone please legitimately hire juices to work on this shit, I'm so, so tired of incompetent playlist management. Its been years of the same terrible garbage, drives me crazy to see playlists atrophy and watch friends abandon the game for greener pastures while the people in charge move at a snail's pace.
To be fair, judging that population on a weekday morning in the game's largest territory is always going to be a sad story. Last night it had about 800, which isnt great, but not terrible.

Powerups have a limited duration but are incredibly fun and combo well with the new weapons and Armor Abilities in Halo 4. For instance, the Energy Sword pairs well with the Overshield. Or, if you have a Magnum, selecting the Speed Boost is beneficial so you can quickly reach a power weapon. There are numerous on-the-fly choices and combinations to discover.
My favorite combination is Damage Boost + anything else. Why wouldn't I be praying for that to be in my drop over a shotgun and needler?

I think I'll probably and up being very skeptical about this until its proven that this isn't just going down the Regenerator, Power Drain, and Armor Lock hole of recent games just giving players easy kills or invincibility for no reason.

IHaveIce

Banned
So Infinity sounds not soo bad, but won't be my new home I think. Nice to have more information about new stuff.

The Spartan Ops locations are damn beautiful.

No playlist update is disappointing I understand that everybody is working on Halo4, but damn.. let Juice do it !

And Super Jackpot in MLG ? In a really good playlist? can this be true?

So RTX can come

TheBulletin said:
In one way or another, every single person in the studio is working on Halo 4 right now. As we get closer to launch, the teams that split their time between that game and Reach find their priorities slowly shifting. Because we’re so heads-down right now, working on kicking out the monster that is Halo 4, we are not able to release a Halo: Reach matchmaking update for July.

We are well aware, almost painfully so, that the playlists need to be consolidated and the overall matchmaking experience needs to be streamlined. We’re planning on doing that in August, although, as you recently found out, things can change. Just know that we’re aware it is needed and coming; it’s just a matter of when.

It's cool that they explained why instead of pretending like nothing was wrong but why is Reach compromised constantly for Halo 4? As in, there should be a dedicated Reach team (even if that team is made up of one...) not guys that split their time between two games. Can it honestly be that a company as rich as MS cannot find the resources for a small team to keep the current Halo in shape?

L1NETT

"It is an additional-but-vital mode, with new weapons, vehicles"

Vehicles in Infinity Slayer. Interesting

Also, nice to see MLG getting the jackpot.

That Elephant looking thing, is there a chance that the desert looking environment could be the home to a massive, desert BTB map with that new vehicle in.

Let it be so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom