• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

Network model for SpOps; same or vastly different than Reach's FF?

Please help me. I am Halo fan.

Master_Padlock.jpg

7mgPJ.jpg

I understand this, and emphasized it in my subsequent post. I think there are ways to create a better co-op experience through in-game settings so as to not impact the connection priority.

I'm harping on this now, though the pessimist in me expects to be doing so until Halo 5 hits. I'm expecting pooled or unlimited lives and separate in-game scoreboards during Spartan Ops - which will only make things as bad as Reach's Firefight. I really hope I'm wrong and those and other settings are configured with motivating team play in mind.
I assume that placing players in trueskill by score per minute or score per round would be the easiest way to do it. What would be nice about that is if you are a good player that plays a lot, you wouldn't match up with players that try to AFK as well as just plain suck (theoretically).
Is that supposed to be lock step? How does the second photo make sense? Unless I'm way off here.

Rusty Country.

Borderlands reference.
Okay, I have no idea what's going on. Network Model for Borderlands I assume?

If they haven't fix the button delay they should've never invested this much in co-op.

Over continents and matchmaking sure it had a large delay and thats a big issue and needs to be fixed.

Personally the majority of games of FF iv played never had those issues because i always played with similarly located parties and i plan to do the same for SpOps (and solo legendary)

But yeah, massive issue for the community as a whole im just unaffected. Hell even when we played ODST Firefight i didnt get a delay.

wow the prices in mexico are freaking expensive

Gamerush is trying to sell the console bundle at 533 dlls and the LE edition at 200 dlls

I hope microsoft do something like they did with HALO CEA in Mexico.

lawful

Banned
wow the prices in mexico are freaking expensive

Gamerush is trying to sell the console bundle at 533 dll and the LE edition at 200 dll

I hope microsoft do something like they did with HALO CEA in Mexico.

I had planned to trade in my current 360 slim towards the H4 bundle but as it turns out I cannot copy my Halo 2 data to a flash drive. Which means if I want to keep those map packs (that you can't get any more even if you wanted) I would have to do the same thing I did to get them on the slim, transfer content hard drive to hard drive. That's great and all but I was really looking to take advantage of the 25% trade in bonus for store credit you get on consoles and put it towards the pick up that night. Sucks that I have to shell out full price and can only trade the console next day. Luckily I have a game coming out the next week which will probably run me 100-150 so at least I will take a chunk out of that.

Before you ask I love my Halo 2 map packs and will not part with them no matter the cost.

kylej

Banned
Should just pony up the resources for dedi's. Stop being money hungry fucksuckers and make a game that works.

too busy making movies and inviting nfl prospects to private parties to play the game before release. not enough resources for customizable control schemes and dedis.

heckfu

Banned
too busy making movies and inviting nfl prospects to private parties to play the game before release. not enough resources for customizable control schemes and dedis.

Oh come on, try again. This wasn't one of your better ones.

/halogafclassic

Trey

Could be a matter of time rather than resources, considering how much game and netcode would have to be rewritten in order to work with a different networking system.

I'm totally talking out of my ass though; yo Fyrewullf/343 dudes, want to give an educated opinion/clarify?

lawful

Banned
Should just pony up the resources for dedi's. Stop being money hungry fucksuckers and make a game that works.

The "Halo Algorithm" developed by Bungie is far superior to dedi's imo

Why else would CoD, Uncharted, Gears, and loads of other games use the same netcode made by them years ago?

Then at least we'd have a reason for the live fee.

And if an On-Live like game streaming system is the future then dedicated servers seem absolutely trivial in comparison.

lawful

Banned
You know what I meant... Also Im sure its been covered, new to halogaf, but is it just me or do the prometheans look awfully similar to the Crysis 2 versions of the ceph??

As someone who plays Crysis 2 a lot, I don't see it really. Colors are wrong and art style is very different.

Plus the Ceph are hardcore, Prometheans look like push overs

As someone who plays Crysis 2 a lot, I don't see it really. Colors are wrong and art style is very different.

Plus the Ceph are hardcore, Prometheans look like push overs

Maybe without the tentacles obviously. To me personally i think they look alike, the promethean knight and the Ceph grunt that is.

The "Halo Algorithm" developed by Bungie is far superior to dedi's imo

Why else would CoD, Uncharted, Gears, and loads of other games use the same netcode made by them years ago?
What the fuck.

By the way, Gears 3 uses dedicated servers. And the netcode in the first two games were pretty terrible.

But still, what the fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom