• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

so angeru
bDf00.gif

I had planned to trade in my current 360 slim towards the H4 bundle but as it turns out I cannot copy my Halo 2 data to a flash drive. Which means if I want to keep those map packs (that you can't get any more even if you wanted) I would have to do the same thing I did to get them on the slim, transfer content hard drive to hard drive. That's great and all but I was really looking to take advantage of the 25% trade in bonus for store credit you get on consoles and put it towards the pick up that night. Sucks that I have to shell out full price and can only trade the console next day. Luckily I have a game coming out the next week which will probably run me 100-150 so at least I will take a chunk out of that.

Before you ask I love my Halo 2 map packs and will not part with them no matter the cost.

Download the file on your PC
Inject into xbox HDD via Horizon
???
Profit

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=halo+2+map+pack+download+for+xbox+360

Plus there is always Halo 2 Vista which is entirely free due to a glitch in the game files.

What the fuck.

By the way, Gears 3 uses dedicated servers. And the netcode in the first two games were pretty terrible.

But still, what the fuck.

Funny story, I visited the epic forums during the gears 2 netcode fiasco, and everyone there was stating how Epic should be more like Bungie, there was a lot, and I mean a lot of people who thought that H3 was on dedicated servers.

That's how bad the gears 2 netcode was.

Funny story, I visited the epic forums during the gears 2 netcode fiasco, and everyone there was stating how Epic should be more like Bungie, there was a lot, and I mean a lot of people who thought that H3 was on dedicated servers.

That's how bad the gears 2 netcode was.

Gears 2 is no joke, literally unplayable online. In my experience, if you are not host, you cannot damage other players.

Gears 3 had massive netcode improvements outside of dedicated servers. If you play it without dedi's it is still pretty solid. That brings up a good point, which is that dedi's can help your game, but you still have to have good netcode. Dedi's aren't some magic solution.

Only in Ranked. Horde,Beast,Campaign and Public matches dont use dedicated servers.
Shows how much the average MM player cares about that, as just about every ranked playlist outside of Team Deathmatch is a ghost town in that game.

Have they ever said why the Post Game Carnage Report always cuts some of your kills? Just played a game and it cut 5 of mine and 10 of my friend's.

Something with vehicles I believe. Last night on Boneyard Slayer Invasion think I had 31 score and in post game carnage I only ended up having 19 kills... It was odd.

I like 343 and respectfully disagree with the opinions of others on such matters even at the expense of sounding angrier than I am.

/halogafclassic

Enfinit

So in a 4v4 the maximum score would be 4? Fascinating.
Edit: I guess you could actually get to 7. You really nerd sniped me with this, I can't stop thinking about it lol

Wait, how'd you get to seven? I'm terrible at math.

EDIT: Ahhh, you mean max score for the game would be seven (4-3).

lawful

Banned
I keep getting free top of the line macs and macbooks from my friends who work IT

Why on earth would I even pay for a new computer let alone a PC

Enfinit

I got 9 kills with a wraith, but it cut 5.

I've had that happen to me a few times as well, although never as drastically. My final kills on the carnage report is normally one below what it was in the game. It's odd.

Also, when the timer hits zero or the last kill arrives (if I'm still alive), sometimes I'll spontaneously throw a grenade or shoot my weapon without me pressing button when the announcer says "Game Over". It's kinda spooky.

lawful

Banned
Yes that doesnt have anything to do with the number of people using PCs vs the number of people using Macs at all. LoL. Nope PantherCheetaMILFhunterX10 is just the perfect operating system. Please get out of here macjunior.

I barely use my computer. I use it to surf the web, listen to itunes, and convert video files. And I only do two out of three of those on the regular. It is a free computer, like the last 4 or 5 before it, I can't argue.

I have no desire to play a game on the computer. I don't care about doing anything else but the three I listed and eventually I will run out of files to convert.

Legal glitch is legal, you still need a key.

Plus there is a community that bought 500 codes for Halo 2 vista so you can always get one of their codes b/c they aim to repopulate Halo 2 Vista.

IDK if you guys know but any GFWL key works with any game...

So its illegal to use a GTA IV key for Halo 2???

Answer: NOPE

FyreWulff

Legal glitch is legal, you still need a key.

Plus there is a community that bought 500 codes for Halo 2 vista so you can always get one of their codes b/c they aim to repopulate Halo 2 Vista.

IDK if you guys know but any GFWL key works with any game...

So its illegal to use a GTA IV key for Halo 2???

Answer: NOPE

You could also use a Westwood key from Tiberian Sun on Nox or Red Alert 2. Still meant you were pirating the game if you didn't pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom