• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woorloog

Banned
its actually legal to get halo 2 PC for free.

Legal =/= Free

So, why I should pay for it in GameStop?

Legal glitch is legal, you still need a key.

Plus there is a community that bought 500 codes for Halo 2 vista so you can always get one of their codes b/c they aim to repopulate Halo 2 Vista.

IDK if you guys know but any GFWL key works with any game...

So its illegal to use a GTA IV key for Halo 2???

Answer: NOPE
Whaat?
???

But this Halo 2 Vista thing wasn't what i was referring to really.
And now that i'm re-reading the post, nevermind. Misread. Nothing wrong was done.
Sorry. Apologies.
EDIT no wait, is it possible to legally get Halo 2 map anymore, not counting obtaining the Map Pack disc? Because downloading those from internet sure as hell can't be legal, is it?

You could also use a Westwood key from Tiberian Sun on Nox or Red Alert 2. Still meant you were pirating the game if you didn't pay for it.

The key is what you pay for.......

Hence DRM...

I can let you install the game with my disk but you can't play unless you buy a key.

>_>

no wait, is it possible to legally get Halo 2 map anymore, not counting obtaining the Map Pack disc? Because downloading those from internet sure as hell can't be legal, is it?

Last time I checked they cost a total of FREE... you know after they were out for 2 months... then MS realized, "Hey we can charge them for DLC that is 5 years old and still make money instead of making it free and sustaining the online population of the game!"

lawful

Banned
Why? Because I buy stuff with the money I earn from working my ass off? Ok. You win bro.

At Christmas I'm going to yell at people about working hard and earning shit.

Regardless, neoGAF: 80,000 trendy video game hipsters and they all hate apple.

Oh sweet irony.

Also getting 'top of the line' Macs. Does that even exist? For free definitely doesn't sound legit.

Buyers remorse so bad you have to make excuses that you got it for free in your head. Worst feel ever I bet.

Aggrotek

Also getting 'top of the line' Macs. Does that even exist? For free definitely doesn't sound legit.

Buyers remorse so bad you have to make excuses that you got it for free in your head. Worst feel ever I bet.

It's the internet. We are supposed to believe him based on his word! It's the ethical thing to do.

Woorloog

Banned
Last time I checked they cost a total of FREE... you know after they were out for 2 months... then MS realized, "Hey we can charge them for DLC that is 5 years old and still make money instead of making it free and sustaining the online population of the game!"

Huh?
Doesn't sound like MS.

Someone who thinks you can read sarcasm in text? How long have you been using the internet?

Some people actually can. I don't know how they do it... must be magic. Me, my sarcasmdar is broken. EDIT no sarcasm here, seriously.

That "seriously" is a mistake, isn't it?

Noricart

The key is what you pay for.......

Hence DRM...

I can let you install the game with my disk but you can't play unless you buy a key.

>_>

Nope. Can't install at all without a key. Feel free to put it in the drive though.
And yes, that bothered me the most of your statements.

Huh?
Doesn't sound like MS.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Halo_2#Maps

All Halo 2 map packs are free.

Killtacular Pack is a downloadable content package for Halo 2. It was released on April 25, 2005 for $4.99 and was made permanently free on June 28, 2005.

Maptacular Pack is a downloadable content package for Halo 2. It was released on July 5, 2005 for $11.99 and was made permanently free on August 30, 2005

Blastacular Pack is a downloadable content package for Halo 2. It was released on April 17, 2007 for $4.00, and re-released as an updated package on May 7, 2007 (still for $4.00), as several glitches discovered in the included content had been fixed. Blastacular Pack was made permanently free on July 7, 2007 (Bungie Day).

Nope. Can't install at all without a key. Feel free to put it in the drive though.
And yes, that bothered me the most of your statements.

Install
Asks for Key
Click "Do It Later"
???
Profit

winvista_halo2_install_05.gif

Good Game

Woorloog

Banned
Those were some good days.

Wouldn't know. I didn't have Live back then.
Well, actually, i kinda do.
Played Halo 2 with my brother and a friend. 3 player FFA. Bough the map pack disc because i loved playing it, even with just 3 players.
Invented all sorts of odd gametypes because Slayer started getting old. Racing. Hide'n'seek.
I hate how Live has destroyed my ability to enjoy something as simple as local 3 player splitscreen Slayer. Well, i guess that i'm so much better at Halo now than my brother or friend affect this (they don't stand a chance against me). But Live also destroyed any desire to play Halo like that.
*Sigh*
Gotta say i preferred playing Halo 2 like that to playing it in Live. Once i got 360, i accidentally activated Live Gold and thus played Halo 2 in Live. It wasn't the same really. And once Halo 3 came, i didn't bother with Halo 2 at all anymore.

I'm sure but it's the best we've got on video.

The best sound by far is the fuel rod canon. OMG!

Imagine a giant bug zapper continuously zapping hundreds of goliath beetles flying past your head and then a very low end explosion that sounds like a meteor crashed into the geometry. That is what it like when an Elite shoots one at you.

All of my intent wasn't toward H2Vista, but the broadness of your analogy. Nice to know Halo 2 Vista works like that.

Depends on your understanding of DRM.

Seems to me like NeoGAF isn't as tech savvy as I would have expected.

son__i_am_disappoint_by_ilivehere74-d330yvq.jpg

I can't wait to go deaf from the lack of individual volume sliders!

It would be so overpowered b/c then you wouldn't hear the insanely loud "game is ending music" and you would have a massive advantage as well as a sad face for the ,music guys b/c you would no longer be forced to hear their work.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got around to listening to the second HaloGAF Radio podcast. Anyone else think Ghaleon sounds like David Duchovny?

lawful

Banned
You literally brought up the debate. Literally.

Empirical, scientific data will tell you this.

themoreyouknow.jpg

And all you specifically have shown me so far is that this thread is Waypoint with 20 somethings instead of 15 year olds. Kudos.

And all I did was post the Mac logo and you all came swooping down like a bunch of pigeons to shit on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom