• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seance

Banned
Is there any rational reason to use the BR over the DMR in Halo4? If it's a 5 shot I just don't see it bringing anything to the table :/

Is there any rational reason to use the BR over the DMR in Halo4? If it's a 5 shot I just don't see it bringing anything to the table :/

DMR is supposedly less accurate (or harder to hit with) at close range, so I guess BR is good for when you know you'll be fighting up close. But we'll see, I guess.

blamite

I think I'm gonna buy that red shirt. I really hope these aren't Bungie Day exclusive. If it turns out that whatever that symbol ends up representing sucks, I don't want to be stuck with a shirt for something I hate. :p

Ken

I think I'm gonna buy that red shirt. I really hope these aren't Bungie Day exclusive. If it turns out that whatever that symbol ends up representing sucks, I don't want to be stuck with a shirt for something I hate. :p

Could just not wear it?

I thought Sony owned the rights to Spider-Man movies, would they allow this to happen?

Buy a t-shirt to a game you know nothing about...
You are right. The Spider Man movie rights belong to Sony Pictures. X-Men to 20th Century Fox and the other Marvel heroes to Disney. If the movie companies do not collaborate together, you won't see q crossover.

Btw the amazing spider-man was good.

.shin

Banned
I just played the worst match of Team Doubles on Reach earlier.

I mean... is it REALLY that hard to remove Uncaged from Reach entirely?!

EDIT: Okay, yep. I'm never going into Team Doubles ever again. The only way to win is to rush to power weapons, camp, and wait the match out.

Ugh, I manged to sleep a grand total of 3 hours before my now awful sore throat and cough woke me up... I dunno what I have, but Im in pain.. Gonna try sleeping if it subsides a bit but then I have the cough.

So, halo stuff at RTX today? Blah, hopefully I don't have to go to the ER.

I just played the worst match of Team Doubles on Reach earlier.

I mean... is it REALLY that hard to remove Uncaged from Reach entirely?!

EDIT: Okay, yep. I'm never going into Team Doubles ever again. The only way to win is to rush to power weapons, camp, and wait the match out.
That rings true for most of Reach. And it's a result of a constant, gradual nerfing of the precision weapons over time with each new Halo game. Makes it so that power weapons are too powerful, which, in turn, encourages less aggressive and admirable play styles. For some reason Bungie kept increasing the gap in power between power weapons and regular weapons, while at the same time flooding the game with more power weapons than before. Doesn't really make any sense. The sandbox is a mess.

Cursed Lemon alluded to this in one of his online rants how when the other team has power weapons there is absolutely no incentive to attack or even think about attacking. Because the sandbox is massively imbalanced. The developers have created a game that's all about retreating, hiding, whoring power weapons, and being a bitch. And I'm not even sure where the devs have been coming up with this idea that anything ever needed to be nerfed, or that the game ever needed to be slowed down. It's mind boggling and silly.

It's killing the pace of Halo and making Halo a lot less exciting to play and watch. Just look at MLG's lack of interest in Halo now. And I totally don't blame them. I have no idea what is going on in the Halo Dev Mansion. BEES!!!!
Oprah-Bees.gif

And now I've done my own rant. Woot!

cocamola

Banned
DMR is supposedly less accurate (or harder to hit with) at close range, so I guess BR is good for when you know you'll be fighting up close. But we'll see, I guess.

Not what I heard. If your good enough the DMR is more versatile than the BR even a close range.

They BR really needs to be a 4shot. Same similar balance as Anniversary Magnum v DMR

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
Yes, although I have been lurking around since June last year.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
New Zealand - 21

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
I think I was 12 or 13, and I was introduced to Halo by my mate. It was my first console FPS and I remember only playing co-op campaign and getting stuck on the level the silent cartographer for a good few days. (We were out on the beach and had no idea where to go.)

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
For about 7 months now. It has been my main source of Halo information.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Halo 3 for both.

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
46 in Snipers, Team Slayer, Doubles.

AR or BR?
BRrrrrrrr

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
CE = Blood Gulch
Halo 2 = Lockout
Halo 3 = Guardian

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Zealot

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive multiplayer all the way.

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Reach

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Who?

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Tsavo highway

Favorite Reach playlists.
Snipers.

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
Negative megabytes (sorry Frankie)

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Kill it with fire!

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.

I only use sprint. All the other ones do not suit my play style.

Why are you a Halo fan?
Its the one game that I have had the most fun playing with my mates.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
CyReN

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
I am currently in my fourth and final year at University in Dunedin, New Zealand finishing a Bachelor of Commerce Majoring in Tourism. I am an avid forger, and a big fan of competitive Halo. However I mostly play social games with my mates for fun. I would love to attend a Halo MLG tournament one day; I might get the chance next year if everything goes to plan. I play Basketball for my University and I used to play a lot of rugby and golf. That’s about it, I’m finally glad that my waiting period to get onto Neogaf is over and I can’t wait till Halo 4 comes out.

Happy Bungie Day, everyone!
Confirmed?

Lol sorry I had to.

Also, Doctor Fu, this Last Dinosaurs shit is pretty good.

ryan's a sensygaf confirmed

p.s. sorry guys, not in the habit of finishing games that are no fun. message me when it's time for Team Objectively Good Taste In Music vs. team whatever

Feisty confirmed.

bust pls.

confirmed

Confirmed.

/ConfirmedGafClassic

Sometimes I feel like this thread is on repeat confirmed?

in case you guys haven't picked up on it yet I use italics in almost every one of my fucking posts or have a spoilered thing on the bottom of the post, i'm trying to stop but addictions are hard habits to break

confirmed
confirmed
confirmed
confirmed
confirmed
confirmed
confirmed
pǝɯɹıɟuoɔ
  1. confirmed
  • confirmed
confirmed​
Beat it into the ground and salt the earth, HaloGAF.

Akai__

Blah, on to the ER I go.

Do ERs/hospitals usually allow laptops/have wifi? Given my health history I see them keeping me for a while

It really depends on which station you will be.
I was allowed to have a Laptop and a mobile phone beside me. Maybe somebody who lives near to you should clearify it for you. You can also say that you will need to do your job or homework, this works every time.

siddhu33

Are you a very recently approved member of neogaf?
No, I got approved ages ago, but just didn't start posting till recently.

What country are you posting from and what’s your current age.
UK-17

At what age did you get into Halo and with which game.
Age 7, when my dad got an Xbox. It was the first console game I had ever played. I loved it. Me and dad would play co-op on easy. Yeah I know, I was a BK back then :p

For how long have you been reading HaloGAF?
Ages. Never really bothered to post though. Don't know why.

What’s your absolute favorite Halo campaign? And your favorite multiplayer? (you’re not allowed to pick Halo: Combat Evolved for any of the two)
Fav campaign is Halo 3:ODST. Favourite multi is halo 2

Highest Halo 3 level and which playlist.
40, lone wolves.

AR or BR?
BR

Absolute favorite multiplayer map from Combat Evolved, Halo 2 and 3 (just one from each).
CE = Battle Creek
Halo 2 = Lockout
Halo 3 = Guardian

Least hated Reach mp map.(excluding Anniversary pack)
Powerhouse

Do you prefer BTB or MLG? (pre-Reach era)
MLG

Competitive multiplayer or Firefight?
Competitive multiplayer all the way.

Games completed on solo Legendary.
Reach, ODST, 3

Are you EazyB? Mike DongBlain?
Nope, but i was around when Eazy posted. Damn he was funny.

What are some of your favorite Campaign missions.
Halo 1-Truth and Reconcilliation, Assault on the control room
Halo 2-Gravemind
Halo 3-The storm, The ark, The covenant
Reach-Long night of solace

Favorite Reach playlists.
Snipers, Action Sack

Size of frankie erotica folder (in megabytes).
1024MB of cortana pics.

Opinion on reticule bloom.
Annoying. Can't play MLG after playing vanilla reach.Would like it gone.

Opinion on Armor Abilities and the one you usually end up picking.

Sprint. Everything else feels slow.

Why are you a Halo fan?
4 player split screen multiplayer. Played since a young age.

Favorite Halogaffer, and least favorite (besides Dax). (optional)
Fav- Tashi

Now feel free to introduce yourself and/or share anything you want so we get to know you better, some of us would enjoy reading it. (optional)
Off to University this October, to study engineering. I used to play halo quite a bit, before I had to focus on my studies. Hope to get back into it for the huge holiday I've got in between!

Akai__

heckfu

Banned
Whoo hoo, was afraid the shirts were going to be gone by the time I woke up.

Snagged the white/grey one and the red one.

Oh yeah, for those on my team (kylej) it seems I will not be available today..at least not for a while..in ER currently, waiting for results of chest xray. Sorry!

cocamola

Banned
About twenty minutes if I'm reading my notes correctly.

I think I did Floodgate on LSASO in about 4minutes as my fastest. But that's speed running and not enjoying the campaign. I loved Halo 3 how it splits the Flood levels in small manageable chunks.

(With the exception of Cortana)

Oh yeah, for those on my team (kylej) it seems I will not be available today..at least not for a while..in ER currently, waiting for results of chest xray. Sorry!

First thing I thought of when you said chest xray was the facehuggers from aliens, hope one of those doesn't show up on the scan! All jokes aside though I hope your ok?

As far as Bungie day goes, that blurb on the site made me laugh, after Reach you wont be kicking anyone's ass lol. I am curious on what that picture at the bottom alludes to, and I wonder if anyone has redeemed they're code yet? Would be interesting to know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom