• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawpgun

Just tested it. AR takes 19 shots to kill. I must have tested it on someone who was low health.

On a side note, splitscreen Reach is beautiful. Dat FOV.

As far as the BR/DMR debate...

The Halo 3 BR was a little too inconsistent.
But the Reach DMR shoots way too fucking far too easily. Its really obnoxious. I loved BTB in Halo 3 and hate it in Reach, and thats one of the reasons.

Akai__

DMR in Reach with zero bloom is fantastic and I will really miss it. It empowers the player.

Why are you going to miss it? Are you playing BR only in Halo 4? I will try out all primary weapons, except storm rifle and AR, because they are all good, imo. Hopefully they don't nerf them too much.

Kuroyume

Banned
The DMR's effect on player movement is one of the most exaggerated complaints in regards to Reach. When I played the game I had no problem getting around. Especially considering how bad gamers are from matchmaking. If you're getting killed constantly while moving around that says more about your skills in the game instead of the weapon.

Howdy

Neo Member
Yeah I hope I can get it ! But I heard Mass Effect takes a lot of time?
I think Legendary Solo will be painful, I hope I can get a friend to help me, because I'm awful at driving in the last level.

or I force/ask Croatia to help me :J

It all depends on how much of a completionist you are with Mass Effect. If you don't do any sidequests you should be able to run through it in 18-20 hours or so. If you want to do everything then it can be 30+ pretty easily.

CEA legendary solo is tough, Truth & Reconciliation is a real pain in the ass by yourself.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Why are you going to miss it? Are you playing BR only in Halo 4? I will try out all primary weapons, except storm rifle and AR, because they are all good, imo. Hopefully they don't nerf them too much.
DMR has bloom in H4.

TheOddOne

Halo 3 is so fucking laggy. I am so ready for Halo 4.
In the mean time go play Rea...

ams8q.gif

IHaveIce

Banned
Burial, Fourtet, Clubroot...

Burial is godmode music !

Yeah guys I have to change the list, no Mass Effet my Save file is broken and no way I start completely over I was 15 hours in Game.

So I will start darksiders and play Anniversary when someone is online who can help me, my friend is currently in Poland ..

Or I will wait till I see CC ( thanks for the offer :] )

Halo 3 is so fucking laggy. I am so ready for Halo 4.

I would have got a beautiful triple if it wasn't for that lag :( Checked theatre mode and pretty much every headshot didn't count lol, Elzar then sniped me the scumbag. I don't think these international games are going to work out well for H3. Ill probably wait and try again in the weekend to see if I can get anything to improve connection wise.

On a slightly related note im pretty sure Elzar should be kept away from snipers, pretty painful when he has one.

Tawpgun

But, it's only a visual hint, when you can fire your next shot or at least, it was supposed to be.

Did they change that?

Someone has to really test it. Or we can get told via a VIDOC/BTS/BULLETIN...

But to me, it looks like there is bloom, but its drastically reduced. Look at the DMR reticle in reach. In Halo 4 it looks like at full ROF all the shots will land in within the reticle. It won't expand.

If you need more accuracy, pace.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I would have got a beautiful triple if it wasn't for that lag :( Checked theatre mode and pretty much every headshot didn't count lol, Elzar then sniped me the scumbag. I don't think these international games are going to work out well for H3.
Yeah, I think you're right. International Interaction ain't compatible with H3.

I am pretty surprised that even the press is hyped to play Halo 4. Arthur Gies tweeted this:

Oh yeah. Halo 4 press event incoming?

It all depends on how much of a completionist you are with Mass Effect. If you don't do any sidequests you should be able to run through it in 18-20 hours or so. If you want to do everything then it can be 30+ pretty easily.

CEA legendary solo is tough, Truth & Reconciliation is a real pain in the ass by yourself.
CEA is not that tough on Legendary. Just pick up the PP and you can easily complete every level. And yeah Shotgun for the Flood levels.

anybody play alan wake? any good?

Alan Wake is amazing. In my opinion, other than a couple odd encounters, the only issue with the game (or engine really) is the lip syncing. It's basically not there sometimes. Also, VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really though. Try to buy it new (pretty cheap). Should come with a code for the first DLC. Which is good. Then buy the second DLC. Which is really damn good. All after finishing the main game on Nightmare difficulty so you have a shot at the full story.

Then if you really like the story and the universe, get American Nightmare. There's a little bit of backtracking, which is unfortunate, but the way (I interpretted) the tie-in to the main story was pretty damn neat.

It's one of my favorite new IPs of this gen.

CEA is not that tough on Legendary. Just pick up the PP and you can easily complete every level. And yeah Shotgun for the Flood levels.

Don't forget a couple of the skulls make it an autowin :)

Akai__

Someone has to really test it. Or we can get told via a VIDOC/BTS/BULLETIN...

But to me, it looks like there is bloom, but its drastically reduced. Look at the DMR reticle in reach. In Halo 4 it looks like at full ROF all the shots will land in within the reticle. It won't expand.

If you need more accuracy, pace.

I really hope it stays as a visual indicator.

Scanning Strongside's twitter as we speak, I'll get back to you with that info asap

That would be great, thanks.

Edit:

That was speculation.

I really thought it was an official statement. Well, it seems, that I got this wrong.

Aggrotek

I thought dedicated servers weren't an option for H4?

:p
Netcode has to be better than 3 right? Right?

I would have got a beautiful triple if it wasn't for that lag :( Checked theatre mode and pretty much every headshot didn't count lol, Elzar then sniped me the scumbag. I don't think these international games are going to work out well for H3. Ill probably wait and try again in the weekend to see if I can get anything to improve connection wise.

On a slightly related note im pretty sure Elzar should be kept away from snipers, pretty painful when he has one.

I had a sweet stick on Myyke. It was just so damn laggy for me. That fight I had with Over when I had overshield should have been mine, but he lagged away and cost me a death.

anybody play alan wake? any good?

It's a great new franchise with pretty unique gameplay, an interesting narrative, diverse characters, stunning settings, beautiful music, and very tense moments.

Play it on hard. Do not play it on easy or whatever it is called.
Play it on hard right away. Seriously, don't even think twice.

Also, the DLC is very good. The Signal isn't great, but I got it for free as a day one buyer. The Writer is amazing, especially the second to last setpiece.

American Nightmare is also fantastic and fleshes out the combat in the absolutely right direction. You may dislike the combat in AW after some time, but AWAN shows that Remedy know what's up and how they have to improve their game.

If a proper sequel incorporates the atmosphere (and unique setting) of the first game and the gameplay of AWAN, I will be a happy camper.

Also, the music produced by Poets of the Fall aka Old Gods of Asgard solely for the games is friggin' amazing.

Oh, and ignore the stupid facial animations in the first game. They may be hilarious at times, but the voice actors are top-notch. Especially Alan's. I could listen to this guy all day long.

Fuchsdh

Alan Wake is amazing. In my opinion, other than a couple odd encounters, the only issue with the game (or engine really) is the lip syncing. It's basically not there sometimes. Also, VERIZON WIRELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really though. Try to buy it new (pretty cheap). Should come with a code for the first DLC. Which is good. Then buy the second DLC. Which is really damn good. All after finishing the main game on Nightmare difficulty so you have a shot at the full story.

Then if you really like the story and the universe, get American Nightmare. There's a little bit of backtracking, which is unfortunate, but the way (I interpretted) the tie-in to the main story was pretty damn neat.

Don't forget a couple of the skulls make it an autowin :)

To beat The Library in time I thought turning on Bandanna would make it easy, but it resulted in a lot more deaths from ricochets, etc. Throwing as many grenades as you want is a serious tradeoff in CE.

daedalius

The DMR's effect on player movement is one of the most exaggerated complaints in regards to Reach. When I played the game I had no problem getting around. Especially considering how bad gamers are from matchmaking. If you're getting killed constantly while moving around that says more about your skills in the game instead of the weapon.

Getting pinged is different that getting killed.

But still if you have 3 bads pinging you from across the map, you're probably going to die unless you're very close to cover. Hitboxes from range are huge, as are headshot boxes.

Also, the music produced by Poets of the Fall aka Old Gods of Asgard solely for the games is friggin' amazing.

Oh, and ignore the stupid facial animations in the first game. They may be hilarious at times, but the voice actors are top-notch. Especially Alan's. I could listen to this guy all day long.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THE AMAZING AUDIO PRODUCTION! If it wasn't for Alan Wake, I would have never found Poets of the Fall, an amazing, talented, genre-diverse, awesome band.

Also, AFTER you play the game, the mini-series that Microsoft made (available on YouTube and I believe XBL) is quite interesting and well-done.

It's a great new franchise with pretty unique gameplay, an interesting narrative, diverse characters, stunning settings, beautiful music, and very tense moments.

Play it on hard. Do not play it on easy or whatever it is called.
Play it on hard right away. Seriously, don't even think twice.

Also, the DLC is very good. The Signal isn't great, but I got it for free as a day one buyer. The Writer is amazing, especially the second to last setpiece.

American Nightmare is also fantastic and fleshes out the combat in the absolutely right direction. You may dislike the combat in AW after some time, but AWAN shows that Remedy know what's up and how they have to improve their game.

If a proper sequel incorporates the atmosphere (and unique setting) of the first game and the gameplay of AWAN, I will be a happy camper.

I'm so glad to hear this because I was always on the fence about this game.. Got a free code with some holiday bundle I bought for my girl, but was always distracted from playing it. Time to get on that :]

How many pieces of DLC are there?

Getting pinged is different that getting killed.

But still if you have 3 bads pinging you from across the map, you're probably going to die unless you're very close to cover. Hitboxes from range are huge, as are headshot boxes.

You know, thinking about it.. That's not really the DMR's fault. That's bad(loosely put) game design to have huge hitboxes and easy auto aim (in this case) because again going back to Halo 1 - the Pistol was like the DMR in Reach, but look how well it worked out for the gameplay there because the aiming took skill. I think that's about right?

Myyke

Neo Member
Good games on Halo 3 all!

I'm going to have that woofing dog remix of that one direction song stuck in my head for a while.......

I love the H3 sniper!

Also GG folks.

H3 makes the wait for 4, more fun.

Good games on Halo 3 all!

I'm going to have that woofing dog remix of that one direction song stuck in my head for a while.......

Playing poopy netcode floaty 3 for a second time in a week? Why I never!

I f'ing love Alan Wake. The game's tutorial level is a little offputting, and I'm not in love with the final encounter, but everything in between really worked for me. Play it, preferably alone and in the dark.

thanks for advice guys. just saw it on ebay for 5 bucks, so i figured why not?

daedalius

You know, thinking about it.. That's not really the DMR's fault. That's bad(loosely put) game design to have huge hitboxes and easy auto aim (in this case) because again going back to Halo 1 - the Pistol was like the DMR in Reach, but look how well it worked out for the gameplay there because the aiming took skill. I think that's about right?

Its a combination of hit-boxes and bullet magnetism, not necessarily aim assist; because you don't really get any assist cross-map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom