• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

So many differing views on the Rocket, although most seem to be that it's slower and weaker than Reach.

My question to everyone in favor of this:

--Why?

Like the grenades, the Rockets have gotten worse and worse from 1-3 (aside from the H2 lock-on), then in Reach they were powerful again. **Think of your opinion on the matter before this spoiler**
Don't you think the Reach Rockets/nades would work well in Halo 4 since the movement speed is faster, the strafing is better, the jump height is higher and now there are things like grenade indicators?

:|

Reach nades are awful.

Reach rockets are mouthbreather easy.

Reach MM 'sketchy' for anyone else?

Reach's MM has always been sketchy, bad maps, bad playlists, bad gametypes, bad gameplay why would it suddenly be any better now? :p

Has RTX been fruitful today?

So many differing views on the Rocket, although most seem to be that it's slower and weaker than Reach.

--Why?

Like the grenades, the Rockets have gotten worse and worse from 1-3 (aside from the H2 lock-on), then in Reach they were powerful again. **Think of your opinion on the matter before this spoiler**
Don't you think the Reach Rockets/nades would work well in Halo 4 since the movement speed is faster, the strafing is better, the jump height is higher and now there are things like grenade indicators?

Rockets are boring weapons to use and in Reach ridiculously powerful, boring + easy doesn't make me want to use them, but leaving them for the enemy just means they will get cheap kills on me, I dislike rockets all round. Nades in Reach are also just too brute force, I kind of liked it when placement mattered and when bouncing a nade just right was an artform, made them a lot more fun to use, and if one hit you it didnt feel cheap. Unlike in Reach.

FyreWulff

No Fuck You
i joke im just bitter you abused me
Depends on what "human theme" is to you.

If there is 3 distinct zones, I expect the human zone to be that red/rusty color. So you'd have three main color schemes to choose from:

- Stark clean light Forerunner
- Red, warm, distressed Human
- Purple, cool and smooth Covenant

As for that whisper of a ranking system, I feel it misses a vital fundamental point: visible rank (instantly available in the service record) is the great motivator to actually get people to play ranked playlists. Ranked playlists attracted thousands of players each in Halo 3; the sole ranked playlist in Reach is a wasteland.

The reason a small minority of miscreants cheated ranked playlists in Halo 3 is because it was a successful ranking system - successful in that people actually cared about it. That is the number one priority of a ranking system. If nobody cares then nobody will play it and the most sophisticated trueskill system in the world means fuck all if there isn't any players in it.

If they are going to show you a rank, but only you can can see, I think it's probable that there will be no Ranked/Social playlists. Every playlist will give you a rank.

I screwed up guys. I used a time converted for GMT and 2pm Pst is 9pm GMT for me, but in the summer BST is used which is GmT +1. So I was an hour off. Sorry.

I guess you can axe me from the team,

So about 45 min til Halo 4 on the live stream.. If I had to guess it is going to be one match on Haven, another on Adrift.

--Why?

Im thinking its to balance anit-vehicle gameplay.. With weapons like the Railgun and Spartan Laser available, as well as weapon drops Im sure tweaks had to be made. Maybe they also are considering lock on? One way or another, whether it is slower and weaker, it needs a visual change judging by the videos.. it looks boring to shoot.

If there is 3 distinct zones, I expect the human zone to be that red/rusty color. So you'd have three main color schemes to choose from:

Thats a good thought, I just wish we weren't stuck with one that looks so much like Forgeworld.. I wish they would have made the forerunner theme just look different, it looks wayyy too similar IMO. Putting it in a different environment would have helped a ton.

--Why?

The harder it is to use rockets the better imo. In Reach you basically just had to look in their general direction for a kill.

Also, Reach's nades should never be used or referenced in any future halo game

Ryaaan14

Banned
Are any of the streamed matches uploaded to anywhere? I happened to be at work both days, and would really enjoy seeing some footage when I get home in a bit.

Gui_PT

Oh god this wave of juniors

iBnAef60hAdrb.gif

Great minds ect.

Also nice write up.

Some juniors lol

I hope Halo 4 features plenty of indigenous species on Requiem.. I loved the idea of the Gúta, and little touches like the Moas in Halo Reach, and would love to have more crazy creatures to possibly fight. Hell, it would be kinda awesome if Requiem has collected species from all over the universe for a kinda game preserve like feeling. Then we could have dinosaurs, alien dinosaurs that is.

For Forge I want an snowy environment and a desolate environment, like the moon or mars only more alien and unique.

like this.

Yup, just make it larger, basically flat and make the skybox more interesting. Also, add some mountains in the backdrop or something, cause snowbound always felt unfinished or something. As for forge pieces, the covenant style would be great, plenty of opportunities there.. The throw a few natural things like trees, boulders, plants etc and I would mostly be happy.

a zoojoo

Banned
Yup, just make it larger, basically flat and make the skybox more interesting. Also, add some mountains in the backdrop or something, cause snowbound always felt unfinished or something. As for forge pieces, the covenant style would be great, plenty of opportunities there.. The throw a few natural things like trees, boulders, plants etc and I would mostly be happy.

that actually sounds pretty sweet

So tired from today.
It's amazing to me that nobody has asked anyone from 343 about the relationship between vehicle and player health. Squid? Tunavi?

I also support the idea of keeping any Forge maps to a community playlist. We've tried to integrate them into matchmaking for two games – it hasn't worked. It dilutes the playlist.

Oh I hope this post makes sense. I am too tired for sense right now.

Are any of the streamed matches uploaded to anywhere? I happened to be at work both days, and would really enjoy seeing some footage when I get home in a bit.

I could post the VOD in here if you want. A lot of it was us trying to figure out what were were doing with the other team down 2 men.

Vire

I love how there is little kids in the audience and Joel is cursing up a storm...

It'd be nice if they showed Spartan Ops. Just a thought. :/

Playing The Arena Playlist was competitive and fun. But that experiance was kinda ruined for me after being Host Booted many times...

Will 343 be able to prevent this in Halo 4's MP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom