• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How it feels to be around HaloGAF as someone who loved Reach and is genuinely hyped for Halo 4:

Pqf2x.gif

thats because you love reach. you need to feel the hate building up inside. the love for reach will come after 4 is released/

Homeboyd

Yeah, I just did it. You don't even have to play a match, just search for one.
Yeah, I know that's how it used to work. I just figured since it had been dropped to 1 cR, it likely didn't work anymore.

Oh well. Waste of a good challenge slot, but alright...

I find challenges funny in that they still serve as a carrot. I presume most people here have all the armor they want, so theres much to spend credits on.
Not a carrot for me. I'm a "Forerunner" and have 16% armor completion. Nearly 12 million unused credits. I just enjoy completing the challenges (sometimes).

Fuchsdh

I find challenges funny in that they still serve as a carrot. I presume most people here have all the armor they want, so theres much to spend credits on.

Talents

Banned
343 White Knights
Me
Ghaleon
Dax
Hydra

Team Downers
Kylej
Juices
The fifteen MLG juniors
Bigshow
Letters

Team Bungie
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan
Duncan

Team Ram
Ram
Tashi

I want a magical set of rings (haloes, gettitZ?) and bright rainbow coloured suits for our team.

I demand my own team, not Downers.

does he mean people should have asked for it earlier? not sure what he meant by that.
He is saying that pushing for a feature for a game that is close to cert isn't going to change anything.

Sure you can say well it is easy build and it doesn't actually take more bandwidth, but implementing it and testing it is a whole other issue. Even then, the game probably has a set list of features that are locked in for cert and have been for weeks, who knows. No one knows the 343s situation, but if they could in sure they would.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Dude. you just woke up. West Coast is still sleeping.

Oh come on! its 9:30 on the east coast! Its time for news! why should we have to wait for 11 AM just so the "west coast" can stroll in an hour late forcing us to scour for news over lunch at noon!

Wake up people! Halo news should be the first thing starting everyone's day! Make those lazy west coasters get up at 5 AM so I can have my news when I arrive at work at 8!

I NEED MORE COFFEE!!!!!

WAKE UP WEST COAST!
Tashi, honey, relax. Look, you're already getting other people excited way too early in the morning:
Oh come on! its 9:30 on the east coast! Its time for news! why should we have to wait for 11 AM just so the "west coast" can stroll in an hour late forcing us to scour for news over lunch at noon!

Wake up people! Halo news should be the first thing starting everyone's day! Make those lazy west coasters get up at 5 AM so I can have my news when I arrive at work at 8!

I NEED MORE COFFEE!!!!!

i always thought people pushed for it, not full blown like what we saw with blops, but the ability to watch a game without actually playing in it.
I'm not saying it wasn't wanted.

I think the problem I that many assumed it was going to be in the game but were sorely dissapointed to find out it wasn't.

Certain parts of the community have been very vocal about their disspoint, as expected. A better approach that would work out in everyones favor would be to be as vocal as some of you are now EARLIER in the games dev when such wishes can actually be taken into serious considertaion.

nothing to do with cows and chickens but since 343i has stated the limited edition console is inspired by an artifact present in the game, am I the only one who sees similarities between the chosen patterns and the object below?

I do believe you're on to something. At first I thought the console was inspired by Terminals for its Cosmetic and Sound designs, but your theory makes more sense.

Also, this forces me to believe that our Spartan Ops Directives to acquire Forerunner Artifacts in each mission is involved for this Artifact that appears to be a vessel and/or stasis pod. Or they're used for the Unsc Infinity.

I'm not saying it wasn't wanted.

I think the problem I that many assumed it was going to be in the game but were sorely dissapointed to find out it wasn't.

Certain parts of the community have been very vocal about their disspoint, as expected. A better approach that would work out in everyones favor would be to be as vocal as some of you are now EARLIER in the games dev when such wishes can actually be taken into serious considertaion.

I can recall multiple instances since Halo 2 on the MLG forums (didn't really check out any others at the time other than occassionally Bungie) where people made quite vocal and well-put cases in favor of both theater and spectator features (and bots, too - going from UT to Halo, it always struck me as really odd). It's only such a massive deal right now because we are now in the age of easy-to-do streaming, as well as the removal from MLG's lineup.

For me personally, if they came out and just straight up said, "Hey guys, we really wanted to do it and had planned on it, but money/time wasn't there to get it done by our deadline," I would be satisfied. If there is something specific to the H4 engine or the available hardware that makes it technically unfeasible, then say so. Even if they can get into hard details (proprietary technology or something), we could be told "Sorry, due to the design of the engine we decided to go with, this is unfortunately not going to be a feature than we can implement."

Avoiding, being sarcastic, making vague references to "bandwidth" is not the way to go.

Swarmerr

I can recall multiple instances since Halo 2 on the MLG forums (didn't really check out any others at the time other than occassionally Bungie) where people made quite vocal and well-put cases in favor of both theater and spectator features (and bots, too - going from UT to Halo, it always struck me as really odd). It's only such a massive deal right now because we are now in the age of easy-to-do streaming, as well as the removal from MLG's lineup.

For me personally, if they came out and just straight up said, "Hey guys, we really wanted to do it and had planned on it, but money/time wasn't there to get it done by our deadline," I would be satisfied. If there is something specific to the H4 engine or the available hardware that makes it technically unfeasible, then say so. Even if they can get into hard details (proprietary technology or something), we could be told "Sorry, due to the design of the engine we decided to go with, this is unfortunately not going to be a feature than we can implement."

Avoiding, being sarcastic, making vague references to "bandwidth" is not the way to go.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

u4iX

Money post.

kt33S.gif

Overdoziz

Banned
So many terrible teammates today. People betraying me for the Sniper, being in party chat, getting kicked because they couldn't load Zealot etc.
sigh

On the subject of a spectator mode; I don't think 343 (or Frankie rather) has said anything about a simplified spectator mode for LAN only. So far it seems like all the responses from 343 were in the context of a full-blown spectator mode. It's a bit frustrating.

Swarmerr

So many terrible teammates today. People betraying me for the Sniper, being in party chat, getting kicked because they couldn't load Zealot etc.

sigh

dat true skill

Aww hell naw. My UK connection is TURRIBLE, like 3.5MB down and 1 up.

lol your connection isn't that bad, ive played on worse.

True or not you just stirred up a hornet's nest lol.

Sordid

I have no idea about any of this stuff really but I was thinking... would spectator mode work if it was a single spectator and they were host? All button presses get sent to the host anyway so it would save having to resend any data. Plus there are no dedicated servers to get in the way!

My productivity at work today has flatlined in anticipation of this fabled news.

Also, in honour of the Assasination featured content on Waypoint, I have another excuse to remind Frankie of this:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=26228322&player=Myyke

You should email Johnny Dollar again.

Are these leaked console features? Or PC, or both?

I know BO had dedicated servers on the PC only.

Trey

>Dedicated servers

Wow. Why doesn't Halo have dedicated servers again?

343 would have to rewrite a lot of Halo's engine in order for it to be palatable with a dedicated servers system, if I recall correctly.

I would imagine with all the demand for deds and spectator mode, 343 will be prioritizing those assets going into Halo 5. Though, my opinion is merely speculation from four years out. A lot can change in the interim.

u4iX

Rage... building. Salt... rising.

But hey, we get 5 weeks of free DLC missions WITH cinematics.

Specializations? No, we'll talk more about those later. When's later? Later. Just to clarify, it won't be ANYTHING like Call of Duty's prestige system. You'll unlock specific weapon skins only if you presti... er, specialize. That's not like Call of Duty, right?

Oh, the actual gameplay? Don't worry about that, sillies. Have you seen the Forward Unto Dawn behind the scenes where every cast member is just so happy to be a part of this experience?

Oh, check out our pro gameplay where everyone uses the BR and Promethean Vision the WHOLE TIME! Tons of new info there... Is the BR a 4 or 5 shot kill? Hell, we don't even know. Can you crouch with the Hardlight Shield? Don't ask Kevin Franklin live during a video, no one on the development team even thought of such a boisterous idea.

How about a wrap up video where the pros just tell you what they think of the game, instead of us showing new things in the game. Is that cool with you guys?

How about our new console? It comes with built in Nokia Pay-As-You-Go cellphone sounds.

Yes, I'm being overly critical. However, there's an ounce of truth to this rant, even as good as 343 has been to us during the release of their game.

Omni

Specializations? No, we'll talk more about those later. When's later? Later. Just to clarify, it won't be ANYTHING like Call of Duty's prestige system. You'll unlock specific weapon skins only if you presti... er, specialize. That's not like Call of Duty, right?

Oh, the actual gameplay? Don't worry about that, sillies. Have you seen the Forward Unto Dawn behind the scenes where every cast member is just so happy to be a part of this experience?

Oh, check out our pro gameplay where everyone uses the BR and Promethean Vision the WHOLE TIME! Tons of new info there... Is the BR a 4 or 5 shot kill? Hell, we don't even know. Can you crouch with the Hardlight Shield? Don't ask Kevin Franklin live during a video, no one on the development team even thought of such a boisterous idea.

How about a wrap up video where the pros just tell you what they think of the game, instead of us showing new things in the game. Is that cool with you guys?

How about our new console? It comes with built in Nokia Pay-As-You-Go cellphone sounds.

Yes, I'm being overly critical. However, there's an ounce of truth to this rant, even as good as 343 has been to us during the release of their game.

10/10, would read again.

Just an idea to further some of the Didact/Chief or (Forerunner Trilogy spoilers)
the theory that Chief has Didact's Geas or something
parallels: maybe the Requiemosphere/Didact [Beach Ball Battle Mode]/Prom Knight Disco Ball/whatever is more of a sentry drone that's being operated either by the ancient evil, a Requiem-native defense AI, or by Didact himself, but from inside his cryptum; this would basically make it Didact's fancy sports car. While the very very definitely important forerunner artifact is actually Didact's Cryptum, which eventually gets opened by the UNSC, more than likely in a cinematic fashion mirroring that of Chief's first awakening from cryosleep.

Tawpgun

The different game engines point still stands. But I would like a legit explanation from 343 as to why Halo 4 doesn't or can't have dedi's or a spectator mode/live streaming.

I hope Blops2 live streaming spectator mode becomes a huge success. It could become a staple of many games to come.

TheOddOne

"We are not going to talk about the fiction, because it keeps it fresh for people when they start playing it. Also, HERE IS A BUNCH OF FICTION STUFF."

"We will discuss multiplayer another time! OH, HEY LOOK HOW AWESOME SPARTAN OPS IS."

Myyke

Neo Member
mDmYQ.jpg

We need to solve the problem we have with the high salt content of the water damaging the turbines. The reservoir is almost at capacity!

a zoojoo

Banned

Salty u4ix is best u4ix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom