• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Something I'm wondering about Spartan Ops (don't think it's been asked yet, not sure): is there going to be a leaderboard/scoring system for it?

It'd be pretty fun to see who can speed run/rack up the highest scores in HaloGAF.

TheOddOne

this is my fucking j a m
ibNgYygeEV6rN.gif

TheOddOne

Will Halo 4′s next gen successors kick some ass? "Absolutely" says 343's Scott Warner.
Q: Halo 4 is confirmed for Xbox 360 of course, but I’m sure it’s not too crazy to say that the next in the series is going to be on a more powerful console. So how are 343 going about the look of the game? Do you think there’s a risk that Halo 4 might look dated quite quickly as new tech is announced; is that something the team is concerned about?

SW: You know, obviously, we’re always attuned to new developments with what’s happening internally and externally. Our current development is all centred around the Xbox 360 and trying to harness everything we can get out of that box, so everything you’re seeing is sort of custom built for the 360 experience. Obviously depending on what happens and develops with our company, we’ll try to develop our technology and take advantage of it.

monome

nothing to do with cows and chickens but since 343i has stated the limited edition console is inspired by an artifact present in the game, am I the only one who sees similarities between the chosen patterns and the object below?

Talking about this makes me wonder even more how 343 will explain what took place in Onyx, Glasslands, and Bear's novels to players who have not read the books...
Deadly, we've been over this. There's no need to explain any of them.
You can do it right now! Just say "Daxy Poo, I hope you feel better now!"
I appreciate the hug.
Oh of course, but the designs and story backgrounds for the design choices have been better in past Halo games. I believe Ghaleon made a post on it in the Halo 3 thread about "the overarching story of Halo 3 was lackluster, but its microstories or the reason to go from one encounter to the next were much better than the other games." I think that still rings true, and in turn directly applies to the gameplay at hand.

I'm gonna use ONI Sword Base as example: the mission consists of clearing out an area. Nothing happens as a result other than you are asked to push out and get communications online and reactivate an AA battery. That gameplay that I just did feels really unimportant. Meanwhile I have communication from my Spartan squad as well as the other troopers. If I reactivate the AA gun, then there's still going to be enemies at the base. It really makes the player feel like their actions were meaningless.

And most of the missions follow a similar feeling of "Does my action here really affect anything in the long term story or the short term gameplay?" There wasn't much that was great about the first few missions. Tip of the Spear had a new low for Halo having the on-the-rails section, but it had the potential for having an incredible high with Spire. But limited amounts of AI dampened what could have been an amazing sandbox gameplay section. LNoS suffers from each section being far to short to get any sort of enjoyment out of it. Exodus and New Alexandria are probably the best missions in the game, but that's not saying a whole lot(Don't get me wrong here though. These are probably on par with missions like Crow's Nest and the next to last Arbiter mission in Halo 2). And the last 2 missions are mainly Firefight sections with some uninteresting pushes between sections.
Good post. A lot of Reach's encounters were lackluster, either in execution, scale, or a feeling misdirection. From "Winter Contingency" onward, the game seems content with remaining at a certain level of excitement and pacing.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
So my prediction for the bulletin is as follows:

1. BSAngel geeks out over something cute
2. A hint towards stuff they can't show us just yet but promises of more information sOon
3. A weapon profile for a weapon we know everything about, lets say... the Needler.
4. Farewell wishes, see you next week, check out some funny captions!
5. Optional: A bonus picture of Water in respect for Frankie :)

Yep.... nailed it!

Homeboyd

Well, this isn't helping my weekly chances...

Linked Up with Bungie.net
0 / 1 - 1 cR
Link your gamertag with Bungie.net and play a game in Halo: Reach Matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom