• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talents

Banned
rbYMz.png

Who is that?

daedalius

I kinda wanted to set up a stream for art, but it would be dumb when I'm working on something under NDA.

I could blur our what I'm working on! GENIUS!

AV forums basically say what you've been telling me (match all video output/inputs), then after that, "lol if you don't have this specific USB chipset of this specific brand, you're screwed".

Yeah, it's a tad annoying since I just see all the tutorials where they plug it in and it works right away :lol

If it's any consolation, I was very close to returning my BlackMagic Intensity Pro for the very same reason. Had the settings perfect but half the time the card wouldn't even be recognized by my motherboard. The other half of the time it wouldn't show any video.

I finally figured out that a form of black magic is actually required to make it work - there was some mystical sequence to connecting the HDMI cables, powering up my computer, and starting the software that would make my motherboard happy and enable video capture.

My best advice is to try unplugging everything and then reconnect components in a different order. Adjust the feng shui in the room. Say two Hail Marys while boiling a newt's gallbladder. Spin in place three times and then clap your hands.

I was so paranoid when capturing for the HaloGAF montage that once it was working I refused to disturb my setup until everything had been recorded, which meant no 360 on my HDTV for a month or so.

Tawpgun

If it's any consolation, I was very close to returning my BlackMagic Intensity Pro for the very same reason. Had the settings perfect but half the time the card wouldn't even be recognized by my motherboard. The other half of the time it wouldn't show any video.

I finally figured out that a form of black magic is actually required to make it work - there was some mystical sequence to connecting the HDMI cables, powering up my computer, and starting the software that would make my motherboard happy and enable video capture.

My best advice is to try unplugging everything and then reconnect components in a different order. Adjust the feng shui in the room. Say two Hail Marys while boiling a newt's gallbladder. Spin in place three times and then clap your hands.

I was so paranoid when capturing for the HaloGAF montage that once it was working I refused to disturb my setup until everything had been recorded, which meant no 360 on my HDTV for a month or so.

Just get the Happauge HD PVR.

It's so hassle free.

u4iX

Who is that?

A commentator/personality in the eSports are more specifically, the CoD scene.

A design director responding directly to speculation, hinting at the speculation being correct, as well as hinting at MORE from them in regards to the competitive scene.

Must be nice...

I'm sure all of Halo's casuals will be happy with, you know, whatever; the new grunts.

Less than 90 days from release for Halo 4, right?

Have we heard much about co-op campaign, what types of missions we will see in SpOps, what types of maps we'll see on release, the design philosophies of the maps, design philosophies of the AAs, why AAs were kept, why they think it's a good "evolution" for Halo, what they learned from Reach, why they chose to patch Reach in the way they did, what types of play testing is actually being done, why pros got to give feedback on half of the game while still in Beta (not all weapons, AAs, etc available), their theories on the ranking system, where development of the ranking system is going, what the actual hell "specializations" are, actual details about forge mode (show all the spaces, the pieces, etc), and maybe if we're lucky, someone can crouch with the Hardlight shield and answer that BURNING question?

Swarmerr

So this video better have bits of info on a skill based rank system or me and a lot of other juniors (and arnie) will start the crusade and ranting for the need of a skill based rank system.

With a little spectator mode on the side to spice things up

NOKYARD

We've used this a bit in the office. Been impressed with the whole package if you don't want an internal card.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00840353W/?tag=neogaf0e-20
The kind folks at Elgato are sending me the Game Capture HD as a direct replacement for my faulty Eye TV HD, even though it was over 2 years out of warranty.
Now that my capture quality is not an embarrassment i plan to catch up on the 30 pending speed runs at High Sped Halo, and resume the Speed Run of the Week feature at Waypoint. It also helps that i now have access to a fast PC so i can encode for Waypoints Silverlight player.

Less than 90 days from release for Blops 2, right?

Have we heard much about campaign, what types of missions we will see, what types of maps we'll see on release, the design philosophies of the maps, design philosophies of the killstreaks, why old killstreaks were kept, why they think it's a good "evolution" for COD, what they learned from Blops, why they chose to patch Blops in the way they did, what types of play testing is actually being done, why pros got to give feedback on half of the game while still in Beta (not all weapons, killstreaks, etc available), their theories on the ranking system, where development of the ranking system is going, what the actual hell "vehicles" are, actual details about forge mode (show all the spaces, the pieces, etc), and maybe if we're lucky(lol sorry COD), someone can crouch with the mini tank thing and answer that BURNING question?

I am lolling so hard.

Just get the Happauge HD PVR.

It's so hassle free.

He wants HDMI, Component, and Composite on both input and pass-through output. Also, an "upcoming" firmware is supposed to have support for 1080p as well.

As far as the Elgato goes, does that support Xsplit by chance? Anyone know?

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Have we heard much about co-op campaign, what types of missions we will see in SpOps, what the actual hell "specializations" are, and maybe if we're lucky, someone can crouch with the Hardlight shield and answer that BURNING question?

All of these have been talked about. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time answering questions via, twitter, forums, editing and posting podcast all while working to help create Halo 4 along with the rest of the studio. No matter how many questions get answered someone will always come along and shit all over the efforts you make.

Feels bad man.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
All of these have been talked about. Sometimes I feel like I'm wasting my time answering questions via, twitter, forums, editing and posting podcast all while working to help create Halo 4 along with the rest of the studio. No matter how many questions get answered someone will always come along and shit all over the efforts you make.

Feels bad man.

Just ignore him Ellis. He's just jEllis.

I think we are all just ready for some new info on the game.

If I had to guess, the video that we are awaiting will hit with the Bulliten.

hello Halogaf. all the other communities are talking smack about you guys.

Ok? Guess we are popular if we are the subject of other community discussions.

Feels bad man.

Definitely not wasting your time, it is all much appreciated by most. That said, maybe try to fit the answers of these questions into the Bulletins so people who don't follow the threads/podcasts/twitter can have a better chance of knowing the answers. Im sure no matter what though, people will still ask the same questions over and over again.

Btw, will there be a beta?
/joking

Fracas

#fuckonami

Feels bad man.
He's just jellis.

edit: damn you, cyclone :p

L1NETT

We know far more about Halo 4 than we know about Blops 2. Might be not what you some of you really want to know - I could see why you competitive guys are getting a bit frustrated.

But we have seen more than some of you make out.

Edit: Beaten by Ellis!

u4iX

Because 343 hasn't responded to any speculation or hype right? SMH

Towards the specifically competitive side of things, not entirely.

The MLG footage was sick, I really enjoyed it at first. Then I realized we only really saw the BR and Pro Vision... I like to go over stuff like that, look for subtle nuances in weapons, etc, but we really only saw the BR and DMR. Hoaxer used the Carbine as well, which was nice to see. I think we only saw 2 AAs in that build, 2 gametypes, and 2 maps.

We now know of the Pro Nade, and we have leaked screens of several of the Pro weapons, but not much else has been said in regards to those.

Wasn't it during Reach that a staple of the bulletin was the break down of the game's armory/weapon sandbox? We got something like that, but only for the Rail Gun after nexy made his video on it.

Shake your head all you want, the casual players already have their game, and in my eyes, while I certainly get excited for the casual side of Halo, they're always more complacent and content with whatever their getting.

We haven't even heard about theater yet, something that, if improved enough on, could serve as a mediocre substitute for a spectator mode.

What were the newest things about Forge? The evolution was minimal.

Player zones, magnets, and lighting... The increased budget is whatever, we have no idea if the values of the pieces were increased as well.

Swarmerr

I don't ignore anyone.

I want to ask a question now but I feel it would be awful timing.

I agree with pretty much everything your saying except how you are going about it. Granted I don't go about things here on gaf or other places in the best way I could, but then again I am not very prominent in the halo community if prominent at all. (which I am not)

I think if you could just chill out a bit in your posts, which can be insanely hard after you make many solid points only to be nickpicked on minute details, you would be okay and the message might come across better. I guess what I am saying is don't feed into the nitpicking and stay composed. (you don't have the same luxury of not being big in the halo community like I and many other halo posters)

Would be great if 343 went into DETAIL about weapon balancing, rank system, specializations, the whole nine yards and etc.

Vire

Feels bad man.

tumblr_m3cf2ck8Jn1r9m2in.gif

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't ignore anyone.

Ignore in the basic sense, not the forum tools. He's got some steam to let off apparently.

We all do appreciate the efforts of you 343i guys and gals. You have provided more updates than you actually needed to, and have driven some great conversation here.

As mentioned, we're all just eagerly awaiting more information on the game. The less we have to talk about, the more rants pop up.

Tawpgun

Here's my problem with 343's marketing, which worries me a lot.

Ever since CoD4 stole the show Halo has been on downhill slump in popularity. Questionable design decisions aside, Reach was still a great game from a proven developer. They hyped it like crazy. Not as much as Halo 3, but close. Halo 3 marketing was the first time I thought video games had finally caught up to movies in terms of their entertainment industry impact. We had huge ads over Times Square, an amazing marketing campaign, Game Fuel, Doritoes, Slurp Slurp Slurpees, Halo 3 launch event was a HUGE thing. It ended up being more popular than some hyped up Hollywood sequel.

So what now?

We have Halo 4, continuing the Master Chiefs legacy. A Halo game with some incredibly robust changes to the formula, not just in MP but in campaign too with the brand new enemies. And, it's being made by an unproven developer.

At this point in the dev cycle my hype levels were through the roof. Best game ever. Best game ever. Best game ever. and I hadn't played it yet.

I don't think there was a single point in the Halo 3 or Reach marketing campaigns when I wasn't slurping over Halo. Reach beta worried me a bit but then they said they were fixing major issues. I believed.

With Halo 4, I feel like I'm in a state of constant worry as far as the multiplayer goes. The only MP hype I get is watching those videos from RTX, E3, SDCC... And then reading the impressions of the people that played it. But soon after, I realize it is a bit of a honeymoon period, and I'm then reminded of all the random elements being introduced, as well as somethings that have been leaked that really worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom