• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

there arent many game communities where the developers speak directly to the fans.

Even if it is teasers and cryptic "no's"

Im not so naive to say that 343i has "given" us more or an okay amount of information compared to past Halo titles.

But those people live and breath to make the game, the fact that david ellis posts at all on community forums is crazy, he has a real job ya know, where he makes the haloz and stuff.

There is a reason we know what we know, and dont know what we dont

Weve been clamoring for months over info, they have been creating it for a few years now, its unfair to be up in arms about it honestly.

Im sure most will just disregard my opinion and Im sure I am now a "slurper" but when it comes down to it, thats just my logical reasoning for it.

I feel sorry for those of you who are freaking out right now, go build a halo cosplay armor set, that will bide your time

Nowise10

Oh okay. I liked what Bungie did for Halo 3/Reach where every character is different and has a story behind them.

On a similar note, it would be nice to have some kind of aggregate area to look for things relating to co-op or Forge or whatever else you guys have announced. Similar to how Bungie handled the information releases of ODST and Reach.

But how could you work that out in Halo 4? Chief is alone (atleast during the first few missions). All of you being Masterchief is the closest to making sense, even though is still doesnt.

All I hope is, that Campaign and Multiplayer arent on 2 disc, separated. I feel like it just splits the game apart.

Tawpgun

I like knowing more about MP, sure. But for me a huge part about getting a new Halo game is exploring the new multiplayer maps I hadn't seen before, unlocking armour I'd never seen, trying out how everything feels and just exploring it all in general (forge pieces, weapons, menus, ranks etc.). I feel like a big part about hype is the unknown, so while I like having things to look forward to, I also really like knowing there are a lot more things left to find out when I actually get the game.

I just don't want to feel too much like I've played it already, from knowing practically everything about how it plays beforehand. That's just me though.

In some ways its too late now... but a big part of them revealing some MP stuff early is to get a reaction to it, so they can change things.

FyreWulff

We've used this a bit in the office. Been impressed with the whole package if you don't want an internal card.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00840353W/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ooo, this one looks good. On the BMIS I just got video and audio to show up for 2-3 seconds.. then it blinks away. We're actually going to try to see if it might be the USB3 cable. And then perhaps a swap. Then we're probably just getting that thing there.

Online campaign co-op wasn't announced for Halo: 3 until 56 days before launch. Just saying.

Halo 4 co-op Chiefs to be named Thompson and Loki.
Nobody is going to get that

Oh okay. I liked what Bungie did for Halo 3/Reach where every character is different and has a story behind them.

That was pretty cool, but I guess the way Halo 4 is set up pretty much requires dopplechiefs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Game fuel had to be a huge money making hit. That stuff was always sold out everyone was drinking it. Hopfully it will make a return.

You couldn't pay me to drink that shit

Juices what bitrate do you stream at? I just bumped mine from 4mb/s to 8 and it made such a huge difference. Not only is it sharper but I get much less of that motion blur shit. Not exactly sure what causes that. Debating whether or not to bump it up even higher. I also was getting no complaints about the stream lagging or anything like that. Very pleased.

It just really crushed me after seeing what FELT like a succesfull weekend and a step in the right direction with Halo 4 coming up,

<snip>

It's just a personal frustration at seeing the sacrifices people in the competitive Halo community are willing to make for the game, and seeing the competition receive the things we've asked for and then some.

<3

It didn't just feel like a step in the right direction: it was a success. This is what I'm saying: you and other community veterans are going to have to carry the competitive scene until it reaches critical mass again (like it had during Halo 3).

Right now you and a handful of other diehards are carrying the Halo competitive community--and you do good work--but you have a tendency to let small setbacks poison your attitude. Granted, you always rebound, but it would be better for your mental health, and the movement you are a part of, if you could see the small things for what they are.

The game fuel expired January 14th, 2008
The Doritos expired October 9th, 2007

I think I'll be ok.
Please don't do this.

Enfinit

The game fuel expired January 14th, 2008
The Doritos expired October 9th, 2007

I think I'll be ok.

sltPoison, expired on November 6th, 2012.

But seriously, the Doritos will probably taste like cardboard and the Game Fuel like flat piss. Better drag your Xbox into the bathroom.

I like Diet Mt Dew better than real Mt Dew for some reason. Which is crazy cause I hate diet soda I can taste the gross oversweetened chemicals and just feel like crap knowing I'm drinking them.

Yea I wouldnt drink that crap though, nor Doritos. Food is for little kids.

But seriously, the Doritos will probably taste like cardboard and the Game Fuel like flat piss. Better drag your Xbox into the bathroom.

Maybe it gets better with age. Like a fine wine. I will have the Game Fuel 2007 please.

sltPoison
Dead
(Today, 05:13 PM)

Please don't do this.

I double dog dare you

You can't back down now. It's the rules

If the Salisbury steak 343 delivers today is bland, these will be consumed as side dishes. I will stream it all.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I like Diet Mt Dew better than real Mt Dew for some reason. Which is crazy cause I hate diet soda I can taste the gross oversweetened chemicals and just feel like crap knowing I'm drinking them.

Yea I wouldnt drink that crap though, nor Doritos. Food is for little kids.

If they could engineer a Diet GameFuel that would be amazing.

watership

Wow, you guys really get pissed when there is a lapse in news huh?

I wonder what the Half Life 3 fans do?

Imagining the lost crew insanity clip from Event Horizon here.

a zoojoo

Banned
Do I have permission to bawl my eyes out if CS:GO on the XBLA has a spectator mode?

Halo post.

When CS:GO's features cause mad dashes, then, you have my permission to cry.
Bane-jpg_181056.jpg

Noricart

Team Fortress 2 on the 360 has a spectator mode.
Didn't Bungie state that getting theater to work was a massive undertaking in and of itself and was halfway to the cutting board? I can imagine spectator mode being difficult to accomplish, especially without planning ahead.
also lol.
TF2 360 sucks and it was built with spectator spots already in mind.

Playn Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Shootin and Lootin as Boba Fett until Ninjad by Yoda</3

Since 343 denied current development of Halo 2 Anniversary, but hopefully in the future it will be developed. How about a sequel of Halo Wars 2? Maybe not by 343 but by another passionate dev. similar to Ensemble Studios? It is and was a good underrated spin off of FPS Halo.

Karl2177

I can't be the only one that liked that map am I..
Good doubles map. I enjoyed it. Then again, I also enjoyed 4v4 One Flag on Orbital.

Responding to the 4 player co-op responses: I forgot that he started off alone. It still almost seems like a bit of a step back to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom