• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

Wait, what?
In another change, albeit one slightly more subtle, the Killstreaks of the original Black Ops have been replaced by Score Streaks in Black Ops 2. Instead of doling out rewards like care packages and air strikes for racking up consecutive kills without dying, players will accrue points for both killing enemies and completing game mode objectives.

A normal kill in Black Ops 2 awards players 100 points. Grabbing an enemy flag in Capture The Flag mode also nets 100 points, whereas a flag capture awards 150. Making a kill while carrying the flag awards a hefty 200 points. As those points add up, players accumulate Score Streak rewards. So, when a player's score reaches 375 they can call in a UAV. At 500 points, they can request a Lightning Strike attack. At 1275 points, Treyarch's trademark attack dogs become available.

Certain Score Streaks can add even more points to your score. While your UAV is active, for example, you'll get a 25 point bonus for every kill your teammates make. Those assist points can quickly add up to Score Streaks far deadlier.

feel

How does one go about becoming a Community Cartographer?
7-Eleven
iIweNwy0E2a3Y.jpg

FyreWulff

Is all that jazz PC only?

If yes its still fucking amazing.

If no, treyarch are wizards

Streaming from inside the game? Yeah, probably PC only. If it's on console, then PS3 only, maybe. Dat Microsoft walled garden.

If it's on the 360 version, then someone moneyhatted somebody.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I may actually buy a Call of Duty game this year. Not paying $60 though, next year will just bring more Infinity Ward trash.

No way I'm getting this until at least after Christmas. Halo 4 ships a week earlier.

blamite

Wow, that streaming/casting stuff is pretty crazy. I reeeeally hope we can get that in a Halo game next gen. Streaming has always seemed kind of fun to me, but the setup required is just way too much for me.

Based on the gameplay I've seen so far, I doubt I'll pick the game up, for a while at least, since it still seems like pretty much the same game I've gotten tired of since MW2, but I do really like the HUD design.

GhaleonEB

Well its official. If Halo 4 doesn't have 1-50 I'm not getting it.

What if it's 1-100.

Yea but its been something CoD has been missing to make it a home. Before CoD was like a game you messed around in when you needed a break. Now though, now I can test myself and prove myself and see how far I can get in CoD. I'm really looking forward to it.

As of tonight, I'm #782 on the global Zuma's Revenge XBLA leaderboard for Adventure Mode. Fuck yeah.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yea but its been something CoD has been missing to make it a home. Before CoD was like a game you messed around in when you needed a break. Now though, now I can test myself and prove myself and see how far I can get in CoD. I'm really looking forward to it.
I know what you mean, seeing Blops 2 come out with a (seemingly) great competitive system makes me really jealous as a Halo fan. That said, we haven't seen anything of 4's system. For all we know, it could be just as good, if not better.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather play Halo 4, because the base gameplay of the franchise is so fun IMO. Add on all the features you want to CoD, but I'm still not a fan of the core game. Except for the original Blops, I've been playing the shit out of that game lately.

Pop

Hey remember when our team donged all over you last night in matchmaking? Should polish those skills more.

Hey if you go read a couple of pages back, then you know why I was negative. Should polish those reading skills more.

I know what you mean, seeing Blops 2 come out with a (seemingly) great competitive system makes me really jealous as a Halo fan. That said, we haven't seen anything of 4's system. For all we know, it could be just as good, if not better.

Speaking for myself, I'd rather play Halo 4, because the base gameplay of the franchise is so fun IMO. Add on all the features you want to CoD, but I'm still not a fan of the core game. Except for the original Blops, I've been playing the shit out of that game lately.

Cue the rampant cheating post launch. Sure the system may sound great but it will turn out to be another worthless virtual rank number. Cheaters, sold accounts and all that...

Well said regarding the base gameplay fun of Halo, that's what I stick around to play.

IHaveIce

Banned

Eventhough it is not the same case for me, I totally understand why you would choose the new COD, if it has all these features.

So today Sony GamesCom conference, new AC3 GamesCom trailer, it will be awesome to see waht Halo has.. oh.. yeah.

fuck.

Hey remember the time we donged on you?

Do you read bro? it was his bro playing bro. Pop would have shit all over us.

Also whoever said the protest stuff sorry. I didn't hold picket signs. I guess it seems extreme. I'd change it to if Halo 4 doesn't have a solid ranking system. Even then though if its not 1-something I'll be dissapointed, again. I want to care about climbing the ranks in Halo again.

Cue the rampant cheating post launch. Sure the system may sound great but it will turn out to be another worthless virtual rank number. Cheaters, sold accounts and all that...

I've never understood this argument. People like Juices will earn their rank legitimately while people who want to buy an account just buy an account, get donged on by the Juices of the world and earn a lower rank. I don't see how this is a problem for anyone other than the idiots who purchase an account.

Watching these CoD gameplays game looks cool.

Hope H4 has implemented this:
Untitled-43.png
tired of people spawning before me before game and before black screens end. I was actually talking about this last night on stream.

Also saw : Lethal grenades active in 1 second. That was cool, not a problem for Halo too much but for CoD thats a nice thing.

Computron

I've never understood this argument. People like Juices will earn their rank legitimately while people who want to buy an account just buy an account, get donged on by the Juices of the world and earn a lower rank. I don't see how this is a problem for anyone other than the idiots who purchase an account.

That 50 account has to be made and ranked up before it's sold, which often time is done unfairly. I.E. network manipulation.

GhaleonEB

My daughter plugged a couple of GAFers on her first time playing competitive Halo ever. It was glorious. I wanted to shout, "you just got killed by a little girl who can't aim straight yet", but I had sound muted.

Its all systems.

But the bandwidth, man! 343 told us!

Watching these CoD gameplays game looks cool.

Hope H4 has implemented this: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n97/xxjuicesxx/Untitled-43.png[IMG] tired of people spawning before me before game and before black screens end. I was actually talking about this last night on stream.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I was also thinking about that a couple of days ago. Something like that in Halo would be great and much needed.

TheOddOne

It beats the purpose of the ranking. That means more shitty players and their shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom