• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enfinit

Yeah I need to boost General too, so I'm up for that :D
Awesome! I'll shoot you a FR tomorrow afternoon.

Doesn't really seem worth the time investment.
The only purpose of boosting to General is solely for the achievement, of which (for completionists) is worth the time investment. I've managed to 100% all of the Halo titles save for Wars, and the idea of 100% the entire Halo franchise (including Halo 2 PC) just seems appealing to me. Not to mention it's a feat only like 2% of the Halo population has accomplished.

The satisfaction of going to my Waypoint Career Overview (when it decides to load) and seeing a maximum Milestone, along with all awards unlocked is just a personal satisfying feeling. It has something to do with literally accomplishing everything in the franchise, just like beating all campaigns solo LASO, reaching a 50 rank legitimately, etc.

Not to mention the time I'd spend going into Reach's matchmaking for no reason would be replaced by playing Wars, so no time lost. And at least I have some sort of reason/overall goal to play Wars.

Tuesday's my busiest day, too. :(

I'll be filling out an absentee ballot just like I did for the 2010 elections. No way am I voting for Mike McIntyre.

Yeah on Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm on campus from 9 until 3 at bare minimum. That's just lecture, doesn't count the work I'll likely have to do.

I always absentee ballot, I don't understand why people go to a both to vote when they could do it from the comfort of their own home, on their own time.

Akai__

Doesn't what gametype, just as long as it's 1v1. Games take 30-45 minutes, rewards 33,600 EXP per game.

Okay then it's the same as mine. Already have like 290.000 points and still need 670.000. One game per day and I will get in ~20 days.

I was asking some others in matchmaking, how they boost and someone told me, that he and his partner are getting both 33600 points in 25 minutes per game, but that's not possible, right?

When I asked how they are doing it, he kicked me from the party. :lol

u4iX

All we need to do to start a new competitive league is make a website and hold some tourneys. Wouldn't cost much money since all we'd need to do is only pay the top 16 players while charging everyone else money to play the game at the event.

I've got Dr Pepper on the phone right now

All you have to do is...

fHcRJ.png

Introduce a little chaos.

Enfinit

Okay then it's the same as mine. Already have like 250.000 points and still need 710.000. One game per day and I will get in ~20 days.

I was asking some others in matchmaking, how they boost and someone told me, that he and his partner are getting both 33600 points in 25 minutes per game, but that's not possible, right?

When I asked how they are doing it, he kicked me from the party. :lol

I'm pretty sure he's using the same method I am, although it takes a little longer than 25 minutes (more like 35-40 if both players know exactly what they're doing). It doesn't require any glitching/hacking/game manipulation, more of a loophole. It rewards 33,600 EXP exactly, however I'm not sure if discussing boosting methods is acceptable on GAF or not so I can PM you or just tell you tomorrow over Live.

aPK

Neo Member
THC gaming league plox

deshi deshi basara basara

I feel that THC should not be concerned with becoming its own league, but rather providing the standard and universal gametypes for competitive play in an effort to streamline the competitions.

Any maybe even be the source for Halo 4's "hardcore" playlist.

Akai__

I'm pretty sure he's using the same method I am, although it takes a little longer than 25 minutes (more like 35-40 if both players know exactly what they're doing). It doesn't require any glitching/hacking/game manipulation, more of a loophole. It rewards 33,600 EXP exactly, however I'm not sure if discussing boosting methods is acceptable on GAF or not so I can PM you or just tell you tomorrow over Live.

No need for it, because my method takes me that long, too. Thanks anyway.

As long as you aren't modding or doing anything illegal, it's perfectly fine. I'd love to hear how you do it, so I can finally get started on completing some Halo games. I have 1 achievement left in ODST(Endure), 1 left in Reach(Don't Touch That), 4 left in Halo 3(Overkill, Two for One, Save That Film, and Annual) and a bunch in Wars.

I need Endure, too. It would be very nice, if we could get players together and do it some day.

Karl2177

As long as you aren't modding or doing anything illegal, it's perfectly fine. I'd love to hear how you do it, so I can finally get started on completing some Halo games. I have 1 achievement left in ODST(Endure), 1 left in Reach(Don't Touch That), 4 left in Halo 3(Overkill, Two for One, Save That Film, and Annual) and a bunch in Wars.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
All we need to do to start a new competitive league is make a website and hold some tourneys. Wouldn't cost much money since all we'd need to do is only pay the top 16 players while charging everyone else money to play the game at the event.

Exactly. It's not too crazy.

You can easily do, 2v2, 8 min matches with a standard set of maps and gametypes. Best of 3. Game 1 is this, game 2 is that and game 3 if necessary is this one. 10$ per team. Top 8 get paid. Pick one day and time and you don't budge. They can't make it, they forfeit. Done.

Enfinit

No need for it, because my method takes me that long, too. Thanks anyway.

You guys scratch my back, I'd gladly scratch y'alls. What are your GT's again? I'd love to get this all done before Halo 4 drops.

Noricart

I could help you get endure if you need it.

Can't wait for the first annual Gaming-Age-Forum Invitational!
lol

zap

Good stuff. I'm off Live for the night, but I'll shoot you one tomorrow. I'm not the hottest at RTS's, but I got a method to get to General in under thirty games.

How? I'd be keen. It's probably the one achievement I wasn't even going to bother with

Endure is one of my favorite cheevos. I can help if you need it :)

a zoojoo

Banned
Making a potential logo for the Mancannon/ Mancannon Radio (I can't decide)
Actually, if anyone has any suggestions, it would appriciated. It's a Halo Podcast where we also talk about other interesting nerdy bits in the news.

Enfinit

How? I'd be keen. It's probably the one achievement I wasn't even going to bother with

Check your PMs.

Also, anybody else interested (Croatia and Karl), I'll PM you guys the method if you're interested as well.

EDIT: Before anyone says "such a waste of time to get an achievement,", or anything of the like, I kindly ask you to fuck off and mind your own business. This isn't Waypoint, and I'll do what I damn well please with my time.

Akai__

Check your PMs.

Also, anybody else interested (Croatia and Karl), I'll PM you guys the method if you're interested as well.

Yeah do it, even if I'm sure that we are using 100% the same method.

Edit: Shit my first double post... And my
last hopefully. :p

Karl2177

You guys scratch my back, I'd gladly scratch y'alls. What are your GT's again? I'd love to get this all done before Halo 4 drops.
Karl2177. I have one spot on my list now.
I could help you get endure if you need it.
Endure is one of my favorite cheevos. I can help if you need it :)

Thanks for the offers guys. I'll keep it in mind after I move, because I'll be getting internet that doesn't drop me after the first set(hopefully).

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Making a potential logo for the Mancannon/ Mancannon Radio (I can't decide)
Actually, if anyone has any suggestions, it would appriciated. It's a Halo Podcast where we also talk about other interesting nerdy bits in the news.

Competition huh?

Bring
it
on

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Every now and then I realize how great Oregon's voting system is. You get acclimated to it, and then read things like "absentee ballot".

I did a quick Google search and couldn't turn up anything. What's different about Oregon?
Oregon has mail-in voting. You receive a voting guide in the mail, and a ballot a week or two later. When you're ready, you can mail it off, as long as it's received by election day. There's a bunch of in-person drop off locations, too. I usually just drop it off at one of the local libraries.

I've grown up with the system, and hearing about absentee ballots is definitely weird to me, too. I'll probably vote a few days before Election Day so I can blissfully and ignorantly play Halo 4 all damn day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom