• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

Since we're talking about Endure I figured it'd be cool to show my video.

My friends and I got down to the very last wave, 4 hours in, and we all died except for one of my friends. He had to take on 4 brutes with nothing but a gravity hammer and 0 health. If he would have died we would have lost and the last 4 hours would have been for nothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muJcFY0mKrg

Oregon has mail-in voting. You receive a voting guide in the mail, and a ballot a week or two later. When you're ready, you can mail it off, as long as it's received by election day. There's a bunch of in-person drop off locations, too. I usually just drop it off at one of the local libraries.

I've grown up with the system, and hearing about absentee ballots is definitely weird to me, too. I'll probably vote a few days before Election Day so I can blissfully and ignorantly play Halo 4 all damn day.

I want this.

a zoojoo

Banned
Hey now, there's nothing wrong with a little DMB.

Love me some DMB.

brofist-o.gif

Not only are you just copying Plywood's posts, you got the chant wrong too.
Fuck.
It was a joke nerd.

I know, i kinda figured that.

Getting online for some Reach...if there are any Monster Balls out there who want to play some Borderlands, then that's an option as well.

I can't wait for the first Junior that has Dave Matthews as his/her avatar. Heckfu won't be able to hit the ignore button fast enough.

Oregon has mail-in voting. You receive a voting guide in the mail, and a ballot a week or two later. When you're ready, you can mail it off, as long as it's received by election day. There's a bunch of in-person drop off locations, too. I usually just drop it off at one of the local libraries.

I've grown up with the system, and hearing about absentee ballots is definitely weird to me, too. I'll probably vote a few days before Election Day so I can blissfully and ignorantly play Halo 4 all damn day.

Am I totally wrong about what absentee balloting is? This is what we do in Washington, and I thought that was absentee balloting.

Getting online for some Reach...if there are any Monster Balls out there who want to play some Borderlands, then that's an option as well.

I can't wait for the first Junior that has Dave Matthews as his/her avatar. Heckfu won't be able to hit the ignore button fast enough.

I haven't had my daily Reach frustration today, so I will join you!

a zoojoo

Banned
Who thought it was a good idea to have a specific map where everyone spawns with sticky grenades?

lol, heretic, other than that, i love that map, it looks and plays well in my opinion.

Also, an early attempt. I decided to keep it simple this iteration, but as time goes on, it will get refined. It might not even have the same name by the time it's released
Any ideas/criticisms/comments would be appriciated.

My friends and I got down to the very last wave, 4 hours in, and we all died except for one of my friends. He had to take on 4 brutes with nothing but a gravity hammer and 0 health. If he would have died we would have lost and the last 4 hours would have been for nothing.

Very similar events with friends for endure but last man died...TWICE

1. First time we find out our last man standing was a dozen bourbons in and drunk...he died before getting the last wave achievement while us other 3 watched in horror as he let his drunk skeleton out of the closet.

2. Second time months later I was the last guy standing in the last wave and literally got down to the last brute with a grav-hammer...he killed me by using invincibility unexpectedly.

We never went back for that achievement and our drunk team mate neveer lived it down. I'm not much of an achievement guy anyhow but this was down right painfulllllll!...TWICE

Talents

Banned
lol, heretic, other than that, i love that map, it looks and plays well in my opinion.

Also, an early attempt. I decided to keep it simple this iteration, but as time goes on, it will get refined. It might not even have the same name by the time it's released

Any ideas/criticisms/suggestions would be appriciated.

That's pretty sweet.

Slaker117

Am I totally wrong about what absentee balloting is? This is what we do in Washington, and I thought that was absentee balloting.

Oregon and Washington have similar voting procedures, if I remember correctly, where voting by mail is the standard. For the rest of the country, there is an option to vote by mail, which is called an absentee ballot, but it must be specifically requested.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

Any ideas/criticisms/comments would be appriciated.

I think the stick figure and the cannon look pretty bad. The cannon I would make shorter, fatter. The stick figure should be more like a stick figure chief.

FyreWulff

Exactly. It's not too crazy.

You can easily do, 2v2, 8 min matches with a standard set of maps and gametypes. Best of 3. Game 1 is this, game 2 is that and game 3 if necessary is this one. 10$ per team. Top 8 get paid. Pick one day and time and you don't budge. They can't make it, they forfeit. Done.

Even easier: charge a decent admission price for the feeder pool, use that money to pay out the winners, use the rest for venue expenses.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
pfffffffffffffffffffft

The map looks neat tho.
I feel that THC should not be concerned with becoming its own league, but rather providing the standard and universal gametypes for competitive play in an effort to streamline the competitions.

Any maybe even be the source for Halo 4's "hardcore" playlist.
Not a bad idea.
Getting on Reach for some birthday Halo.
Why ruin your birthday?

Akai__

Online Halo tournaments won't be very good. You'd have people hitting each other offline just to get a win. Especially if money is involved.

What? Did you ever saw a pro hitting an other? I didn't once. Snip3down was throwing a chair however and it hit a fan, but that's it. Pro's have learned to stay calm, otherwise nobody would want to have them on their team. There are only some pros wich are emotional.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure if a pro would hit an other, that he wouldn't be allowed to participate anymore.

Edit 2. ESL.tv is hosting on every sunday a small online SC2 tourney. Winner gets 100 € I think. Somethinh like that could work for Halo, too. If there is interest.

Karl2177

What? Did you ever saw a pro hitting an other? I didn't once. Snip3down was throwing a chair however and it hit a fan, but that's it. Pro's have learned to stay calm, otherwise nobody would want to have them on their team. There are only some pros wich are emotional.

Edit: And I'm pretty sure if a pro would hit an other, that he wouldn't be allowed to participate anymore.
What?

JHall

I don't think you understood my post. He was talking about ONLINE Halo tournaments. Hitting someone offline or flooding their IP address so they can't sign back on Xbox Live anymore wouldn't be good.

I wasn't talking about actual physical confrontation.

Enfinit

Online Halo tournaments won't be very good. You'd have people hitting each other offline just to get a win. Especially if money is involved.

Most eGame competition takes place online, as well as competition that involves money. The majority of it is online. Not to mention you'd have a much higher population of players on an online tournament, because not everyone can travel. More players = more money, and you're just not going to get that at an offline tournament at some small venue from an unestablished sponsor.

LOL! That happened to me and my friends.. We played for hours, were on the last wave.. 3 of us died and my friend ONLY had to take out one frikkin dude and he died! We ate him alive! Funny thing is, we hesitated to let him play with us cuz I called something like this happening since he's the run-in-and-die type of player lmfao

At least now I have a story out of it :b

Aggrotek

I vote we marathon campaign all night long, then take a 5 hour nap, then proceed to dong on the hundreds of thousands of BKs in Infinity Slayer.

Cannot wait!

I need to get in on this. Monster Balls? Monster Balls.

DID I HEAR BORDERLANDS?

JHall

Most eGame competition takes place online, as well as competition that involves money. The majority of it is online. Not to mention you'd have a much higher population of players on an online tournament, because not everyone can travel. More players = more money, and you're just not going to get that at an offline tournament at some small venue from an unestablished sponsor.

You're really over-analyzing my post. I'm just talking about Halo. There are a lot of people that IP flood on XBL, that's all I was saying.

Louis Wu

Good games, all. N00bs should have his gamertag changed to TheInvincibleN00bs (that's probably too many letters). Both games were pretty close - but you beat us fair and square. :)

Oregon and Washington have similar voting procedures, if I remember correctly, where voting by mail is the standard. For the rest of the country, there is an option to vote by mail, which is called an absentee ballot, but it must be specifically requested.
Yeah I always thought that was called absentee balloting. Either way, all my votes are mailed in. It's the way to go if your state offers that.
Good games, all. N00bs should have his gamertag changed to TheInvincibleN00bs (that's probably too many letters). Both games were pretty close - but you beat us fair and square. :)

Seriously haha.

GGs guys. Team Wu is dead, but we had a good ride.

Blinding

There's got to be a way around it. Gamebattles does ok with it.

GameBattles does okay because of their disputing system and how easy it is to prove that someone hit whoever offline, but even GB doing okay is debatable. I remember playing on it back in Halo 3 and the first few months of Reach and maybe a couple times every other week dealing with people trying to hit my team offline, so it wasn't rampant, but still happened nonetheless. Some of my other friends have told me they experienced it more, so who knows.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GameBattles does okay because of their disputing system and how easy it is to prove that someone hit whoever offline, but even GB doing okay is debatable. I remember playing on it back in Halo 3 and the first few months of Reach and maybe a couple times every other week dealing with people trying to hit my team offline, so it wasn't rampant, but still happened nonetheless. Some of my other friends have told me they experienced it more, so who knows.

What if I hired Refs and created a referee box on each map. Any funny business would instantly be deterred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom