• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, this is a thing? When did this become a thing?

Well, there's no real reason they're not in it but neither is there any proof they are included in the LE.
So, until i get proof, i'm going to assume they're not.

Edge magazine. They have been quality for a number of great years.

What is the gaming journalism like in Finland, Emp?

I just read today that Edge is not as good as it used to be. *shrug* Don't read magazines really though, because they cost too much. Buy them ometimes when i need something read while traveling. EDIT Edge... i guess it is okay but for some reason i never bother reading it actually. I don't read reviews in general nowadays, i know what i like and that's all i need.

EDIT as for the Finnish game journalism... Pelit ("Games") is pretty good but i feel like its quality has dropped as well. Stopped ordering it long ago, i got all the news far faster from the internet and Pelit never had any exclusive reveals etc.
EDIT then there are others like Pelaaja ("Gamer") but those are not good, always writing about month old news. At least they used to be such.
EDIT Oh yeah, and then there's MikroBitti, it used to have good game reviews etc but then it became a technology magazine instead of computer and gaming one.

raindoc

Wonder how long it will take before "game journalism" will be quality stuff.

hellfrozenover.jpg

Myyke

Neo Member
Edge magazine. They have been quality for a number of great years.

What is the gaming journalism like in Finland, Emp?

Never really liked Edge personally. In articles do they still refer to themselves in the third person and have the name "Edge" in bold type wherever they mention themselves?

Myyke

Neo Member
Since supposedly the two helmets come with the season pass. And the LE has a code for the season pass. It would be logical to assume that the helmets would also be in the LE.

There was kind of a similar situation with Reach and the Elite Officer armour IIRC - it was initially advertised for the Limited Edition but not as part of the Legendary Edition, then Bungie clarified that the Legendary Edition would include everything from the Limited Edition in addition to the Legendary bonuses.

I agree that it would be logical to assume the Helmets would be included in the LE.

Shadders

Oh man, so pumped for Eurogamer, finally get to meet my super best friend Frankie (he is not aware of this relationship).

I have a pass for the four days and hadn't planned on getting there until Thursday afternoon. Looks like I'll be driving down through the night to be first in line. :D

Woorloog

Banned
There was kind of a similar situation with Reach and the Elite Officer armour IIRC - it was initially advertised for the Limited Edition but not as part of the Legendary Edition, then Bungie clarified that the Legendary Edition would include everything from the Limited Edition in addition to the Legendary bonuses.

I agree that it would be logical to assume the Helmets would be included in the LE.

So, waiting for 343i clarification on this.

EDIT the Elite armor was pretty lame really, it wasn't the best looking one and one never got to play as an Elite anyway unless customs or Invasion...

EDIT
That's how i feel.
V V V

TCKaos

Since supposedly the two helmets come with the season pass. And the LE has a code for the season pass. It would be logical to assume that the helmets would also be in the LE.

When did this become a thing?!

God damn it 343i do a press release or something. We need to be hearing this shit from you, not some retailer who doesn't know what the fuck is up. Please. I'm tired of getting information from third parties.

Never really liked Edge personally. In articles do they still refer to themselves in the third person and have the name "Edge" in bold type wherever they mention themselves?

It is not known if they still refer to themselves in third person, however, EDGE is still a great magazine.

I remember shelling out 90 squids for Rogue Squadron 64 and the Expansion Pak (tm). One of the best N64 purchases ever though!

75 for Lylat wars and the rumble pak, worth it.

Calum was the middle man in this exchange.

Then why would that be the armor we get with the LE? Also, it looks a lot like ODST to me, if there is no true ODST, this will fill the bill for me until the pilot looking helmet is unlocked.
I haven't been following the exclusive content thing too closely, so I mistakenly thought that it was the armor skin (eww, that sounds kinda gross) that was tied to the LE, not the skin AND the armor.

Woorloog

Banned
I haven't been following the exclusive content thing too closely, so I mistakenly thought that it was the armor skin (eww, that sounds kinda gross) that was tied to the LE, not the skin AND the armor.

The same deal as with Reach really, the Legendary edition in Reach got the Flames armor effect.
Here, the exclusive is the Recruit armor for the LE and the FOTUS for the LE Console.

EDIT can somene quickly ask confirmation for the armors via Twitter or the like?

malfcn

Huge marketing budget, but can barely put out proper press releases.

These releases through media outlets could damage the game. Why do they continue to not release the details themselves? Are these agreements they committed to? If they have sworn to let IGN (or whomever) release details about stuff, prepare the blast for them so it is at least correct.

FyreWulff

That comment and "They tried to improve the interface with a radial menu"

IT WAS IN COUNTERSTRIKE ON THE ORIGINAL XBOX. IN 2003.

I SWEAR TO GOD GAME JOURNALISTS ACTUALLY DO NOT PLAY GAMES

I am getting flashbacks to the terrible PD XBLA reviews

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer

PD mention of the week #243

FyreWulff

PD mention of the week #243

Such greats as "The game has doors" and is "too confusing"

sometimes written by the same guys that wrote the reviews for IGN64 that praised the game originally'

It's not too surprising these days, more and more of these outlets are hiring people who write / podcast first and play games second. They should understand why ironsights don't work in every single video game, they probably don't even know the gameplay implications of them, don't understand where they even came from (probably think CoD invented them), and think every FPS ever should work like a military sim shooter.

DeadNames

Banned
Such greats as "The game has doors" and is "too confusing"

sometimes written by the same guys that wrote the reviews for IGN64 that praised the game originally'

It's not too surprising these days, more and more of these outlets are hiring people who write / podcast first and play games second. They should understand why ironsights don't work in every single video game, they probably don't even know the gameplay implications of them, don't understand where they even came from (probably think CoD invented them), and think every FPS ever should work like a military sim shooter.

I think you'd go insane where I live. In the wise words of one of my friends,

"Halo should have iron sights".

That statement has been said many times.

Halo 4: 7/10, "archaic game design that doesn't allow you to aim down the sights"

I smolder with generic rage

I don't even want to think about it ;_;

Fun story.

When I was 13, I had a writing essay to do. So I decided to do it on perfect dark, it turned into a review of some sorts.

Best bit was, I put in the line "fucking murders goldeneye".

I still don't know to this day, why I didn't get into trouble for that, although she a nice (but weak) teacher.

Gazzawa

Fun story.

When I was 13, I had a writing essay to do. So I decided to do it on perfect dark, it turned into a review of some sorts.

Best bit was, I put in the line "fucking murders goldeneye".

I still don't know to this day, why I didn't get into trouble for that, although she a nice (but weak) teacher.

Hydranockz and I can confirm from our mad english lessonz ov3r da yrz that once off swearing is forgiveable s0 long as ur not dropping f bombs like me in a gaem of raech.
that or they didnt read ur review and went to the end to see you give it an "IGN 9/10"

Top Bottom