• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

That comment and "They tried to improve the interface with a radial menu"

IT WAS IN COUNTERSTRIKE ON THE ORIGINAL XBOX. IN 2003.

I SWEAR TO GOD GAME JOURNALISTS ACTUALLY DO NOT PLAY GAMES

I am getting flashbacks to the terrible PD XBLA reviews
"(Counter)-Terrorist Wins!" "Alright lets move out" "Bomb Planted - Bomb Defused" - Loved the NPCs calling each other bots in an argument. This was PC version back in high school, So Good. lol
Still have that game for OG Xbox and it's fun. The Tactical Snipe Quick/No Scopes are best. *click click click = zooming* :p

-Glad I'm getting Dat sexy Recruit Armor in the LE.

Has anyone been to eurogamer in the past? I'm kinda deciding if I should take a day off work Thursday or just go Sunday, what is it like on weekends? I imagine it would be packed? Is going in the week recommended or does it not matter?

Any word on what maps will be playable etc? Will 343 be around past Thursday? Will the game be playable all weekend?

So many questions! Lol. Kind of want to figure it out soon as im worried tickets will sell out

Has anyone been to eurogamer in the past? I'm kinda deciding if I should take a day off work Thursday or just go Sunday, what is it like on weekends? I imagine it would be packed? Is going in the week recommended or does it not matter?

Any word on what maps will be playable etc? Will 343 be around past Thursday? Will the game be playable all weekend?

So many questions! Lol. Kind of want to figure it out soon as im worried tickets will sell out
Just buy a ticket for Thursday and take a day off. Convention are always packed on the weekend.

DesertFox

LE just seems to me to be an alright deal for $100US. Plus recruit armor and supposedly the two helmets from the season pass.
Yeah that is a pretty sweet deal - I'm really tempted to up my preorder to LE just because the map pack makes it a great deal. Getting a lot of extras for basically an extra $15.

jordanbines

Neo Member

I have been a couple of times now. You should take the day off on Thursday, weekends get very busy. Plus you get to see Frankie's developer session.

Every game listed is available to play everyday of the Expo. Hope this helps mate!

Just buy a ticket for Thursday and take a day off. Convention are always packed on the weekend.

It's not that easy to get the time off unfortunately, so im kinda curious what typically happens with weekends at eurogamer, I assume all the games are still playable etc?

Getting a weekday off would not be ideal due to some other issues. I'm most likely going to try and go Sunday or just avoid it, getting time off work could happen but I would prob have to delay ticket purchases in which case I'm worried they would be sold out. Works pretty reasonable but im going to be in and out of hospital a lot and so am missing a lot of work as it is :/

I have been a couple of times now. You should take the day off on Thursday, weekends get very busy. Plus you get to see Frankie's developer session.

Every game listed is available to play everyday of the Expo. Hope this helps mate!

Thanks a bunch! Even if it's busy I'll probably just circle the halo booth and play it a fair few times anyway lol.

It would be awesome to bump into frankie on the show floor but if I could only go for Thursday I would probably skip the conference to play the game, can always catch up on that online after anyway

FyreWulff

HaloGAF at PAX: Meetup planning and more.

Current plans:
Thursday dinner, ~7:00pm
Friday breakfast, 8:30am <- Main meetup.

Man I need to block this stuff out on a grid. Thanks for the heads up though.

We need to do this at some point.

I have vague connections to Ireland. Can I show up?

Indeed it will.
I find it ironic i like the Halsey's journal far more than Reach itself.
Doubly ironic when i don't like the character or her opinions :p

I'd agree, the general build quality of the journal is just.. better.. than the statue. Journal looks like a high dollar item.

TCKaos

Does anyone else remember the Halo 3 AR just reaming your shit? I tried to level up in Lone Wolves (which had more players than Squad DLC) and got AR starts on Snowbound and Midship. There was no fun.

I'd agree, the general build quality of the journal is just.. better.. than the statue. Journal looks like a high dollar item.

Yeah, that statue is actually starting to warp a bit for me now. I don't know if it's because there's not a bunch of ventilation down in the man cave, but Jun's sniper is actually starting to bend a bit. Emile's kukiri is also mysteriously missing. It just feels kinda' cheap with the platform being a hollow plastic that showcases a cast of cheap, hollow characters who contributed nothing interesting to a franchise I feel invested in. It's the centerpiece to my Halo shrine and it just doesn't feel right. Maybe I can trade the Noble statue up to the CEA Chief one that was in the last thread.

Indeed it will.
I find it ironic i like the Halsey's journal far more than Reach itself.
Doubly ironic when i don't like the character or her opinions :p
Same here. Most readers can agree that her character/personality isn't the best or at least an interest (other than her motives). It seems her counterpart "Cortana" is what we're used to and what Hasley would have been if not the decisions that leave her with so much regret and abit depression. Kinda sad to think about, imo.

Woorloog

Banned
Does anyone else remember the Halo 3 AR just reaming your shit? I tried to level up in Lone Wolves (which had more players than Squad DLC) and got AR starts on Snowbound and Midship. There was no fun.

I leveled to 45 in Lone Wolves. Twice (EDIT actually, 40 and 45).
Don't have any particular issues using the AR, but maps that do not contain enough BRs are frustrating.

I gotta admit it urks me a bit to listen to people that feel like every FPS needs to be under the design of hold left trigger hold right trigger, especially when that's their idea of competitive.

Then again I'm playing Perfect Dark Zero for the first time in years and I'm actually enjoying it so I don't know what the fuck.

Same here. Most readers can agree that her character/personality isn't the best or at least an interest (other than her motives). It seems her counterpart "Cortana" is what we're used to and what Hasley would have been if not the decisions that leave her with so much regret and abit depression. Kinda sad to think about, imo.
Except karen traviss totally changed her personality and know what... Screw karen traviss. She ruined Republic commando.

Halo 3 AR starts and general matchmaking incompetence ruined playlists like lone wolves in that game, I remember playing shit like AR starts crazy king lol, on maps like epitaph. Really crappy experience. That would have been ok in rumble pit, but ranked FFA should be so much better.

As much as I don't want iron sites in counter strike, not having the ability to zoom does feel really weird lol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
DINNER OR DONUTS - MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Why not have both?

5e75127e132dd772d5690399b691a022.jpg

Howdy

Neo Member
Then why would that be the armor we get with the LE?

Here, the exclusive is the Recruit armor for the LE and the FOTUS for the LE Console.

The Recruit armor set that is exclusive to the LE is for your XBOX LIVE avatar, not the in-game spartan. You get a skin for your in-game spartan (that can only be used on Recruit armor), but the Recruit armor set is not an exclusive item. So by ordering the LE you get an exclusive skin for a Spartan IV and an Avatar armor set.

I agree with what Squidhands said earlier that recruit is most likely the default Spartan IV armor.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Recruit armor set that is exclusive to the LE is for your XBOX LIVE avatar, not the in-game spartan. You get a skin for your in-game spartan (that can only be used on Recruit armor), but the Recruit armor set is not an exclusive item. So by ordering the LE you get an exclusive skin for a Spartan IV and an Avatar armor set.

I agree with what Squidhands said earlier that recruit is most likely the default Spartan IV armor.

If that's true, that's incredibly lame. I don't understand why the LE wouldn't have exclusive armor as well. If it's just a skin, it's no better than a preorder and a season pass.

Booties

Banned
Hopefully some scandanavian shooter kills all you laggy Europeans at this convention. Wouldn't mind if overdoze survives I guess, but meh

Woorloog

Banned

So far everything has indicated the LE will have EXLUSIVE ARMOR for Halo 4, exclusive emblem, suit for Avatar, AR skin and an Avatar prop.

If what you claim is true, then i'll go and cancel my LE right away, reasoning being false marketing.

A few pages back someone said that when asked about the recruit armor, Ellis said it was not the default.

I said the Warrior armor is not the default according to Ellis (Ellis said that in the previous OT, by the way, IIRC), when someone asked about it. Then someone thought the Recruit would be the default one.

Howdy

Neo Member
If that's true, that's incredibly lame.

It's similar to the weapons. None of the weapons are exclusives, but the skins are.

The only armor that I've seen that is an entire exlusive armor set is the FOTUS that comes with the LE console. The rest of these bonuses are just skins for in-game armor sets.

Of course, this is the way I have been interpereting it. I could be wrong...

EDIT:
A few pages back someone said that when asked about the recruit armor, Ellis said it was not the default.
This was Ellis' post from the last OT, and it was referring to a different armor set.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40955817&highlight=#post4095581

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm excited about all the visor color options in Halo 4. Now we just need more helmets that actually have visors. And the visor colors aren't tied to specific helmets, right? I'm still a tiny bit unsure of that.

It's similar to the weapons. None of the weapons are exclusives, but the skins are.

The only armor that I've seen that is an entire exlusive armor set is the FOTUS that comes with the LE console. The rest of these bonuses are just skins for in-game armor sets.

Of course, this is the way I have been interpereting it. I could be wrong...

yeah there is not confirmation if all that content is exclusive or early unlocks.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm excited about all the visor color options in Halo 4. Now we just need more helmets that actually have visors. And the visor colors aren't tied to specific helmets, right? I'm still a tiny bit unsure of that.

Well, the way the specializations were presented, it looks like the visor colors ARE helmet specific. That said, it would be odd... OTOH, skins are apparently also armor specific, at least based on how they were presented (both spec and pre-order skins).

Slaker117

So far everything has indicated the LE will have EXLUSIVE ARMOR for Halo 4, exclusive emblem, suit for Avatar, AR skin and an Avatar prop.

If what you claim is true, then i'll go and cancel my LE right away, reasoning being false marketing.

I'd just like to point out that the retail descriptions for the LE never say anything about an exclusive armor, just a skin. I've checked several sites and they all list the same thing:
Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE:
Unique in-game Spartan IV armor skin
Unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle
An exclusive in-game emblem
Xbox LIVE Avatar prop*
Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set*

Armor skin, weapon skin, emblem and avatar prop and armor. No in-game armor.

Except karen traviss totally changed her personality and know what... Screw karen traviss. She ruined Republic commando.

And Gears. God, she's horrible. She publicly admitted to not reading any Halo books, or playing any of the games, and 343 responded by turning over most future Halo books to her.

In summary, FU KT.

Also, the Scanner and Strider helmets look better than most of the rest of what's out there. Still look like crap, but better crap.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'd just like to point out that the retail descriptions for the LE never say anything about an exclusive armor, just a skin. I've checked several sites and they all list the same thing:

The console version says the same thing. I think you're reading too much into it.

Woorloog

Banned

See picture above. Ingame armor and skin. Armor : recruit
Skin : prime

343i have really outdone themselves on the communication department.

What should i belive?
Fuck this.

Top Bottom