• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Sai-kun

Banned
Ph6Ei.gif

That gif was seriously the first thing I thought of as I was reading his post. :lol Deadddddd

This page proves how Hivemind GAF is.

I don't like the shit he said and I wont defend it but I'll defend his right to say it.

Otherwise this is some shitty devolved forum where people don't have freedom of speech, which it obviously is. I don't like that fact though and I think were better than that. If you don't like what someone says ignore them. Since we have the options at our disposal the moderating powers should be in our hands. GO use them. Its like two, possibly three clicks to put him on ignore.

Life is tough SensyGAF, face the fact that you are going to have to deal with people who have different ideas and opinions other than your own.

Can i? I've never felt anything comparable. I cannot know or understand (yet) how people then felt. I accept that maybe it was important but otherwise it won't affect me. It is just history to me.

People make the events reality... but you could change the people and the event could stay as it was (or it might not... but since past is deterministic, it is useless to follow this train of thought).
Sure, inviduals can affect the world a great deal.

It is just the way is see the world, kinda holistic view, not caring about details (ie inviduals) too much.
I doubt you can understand how i see the world, you're not me after all. I don't understand how you see the world.

This is so fucking far from the truth it's insane. Seriously?

Fuchsdh

I don't like the shit he said and I wont defend it but I'll defend his right to say it.

Otherwise this is some shitty devolved forum where people don't have freedom of speech, which it obviously is. I don't like that fact though and I think were better than that. If you don't like what someone says ignore them. Since we have the options at our disposal the moderating powers should be in our hands. GO use them. Its like two, possibly three clicks to put him on ignore.

I think of it this way: our constitutional rights are being shredded every day. If your biggest priority is freedom of speech on someone's web site where you have no rights except the ones they want to give you in the first place, you've got misplaced priorities.

FyreWulff

I'm guessing you only get you'er news from main steam media outlets right? Sheeple will always believe what the magical TV tells them. The Russian's find the joke of a american moon land quite funny. They were way ahead of us with a space program and knew it could not be done. By the way on the moon landing anniversary NASA some how lost the original crystal clear tapes to the historic moon landing. Do some research. There is more evidence that prove we didn't go then we did. All you have is there word and the most grainy footage they could produce. Their are american astronauts that don't beleive it happened. We landed on the moon 40 years ago and never been back. Don't you think we should have a base on the moon by now?

fyrewut.png

Back to Halo:

@xJumPeR_JumPzZ found another Fan Expo video on Youtube:

http://youtu.be/dOEGw2tbGSY

Nice. Those guys are really excitable about the sword :lol

BR has a nice report on it

Animation looking great

Energy shield doesn't seem to have much functional difference from Armor Lock

Life is tough SensyGAF, face the fact that you are going to have to deal with people who have different ideas and opinions other than your own.

Oh, get the FUCK off of it, Juices. Sometimes people say stupid things, and they deserve to get called on those stupid-ass things.

THAT'S how freedom of speech works, btw. You can say something stupid(like you did just now), and I can say, "Hey, that thing you said was stupid!"

Sai-kun

Banned
I think of it this way: our constitutional rights are being shredded every day. If your biggest priority is freedom of speech on someone's web site where you have no rights except the ones they want to give you in the first place, you've got misplaced priorities.

I think his post was ridiculous and not quite ban-worthy (just ridicule-worthy, honestly), but you know that you can be worried about your constitutional rights AND about the shit people post on a forum, right? It's not one or the other.

Also, freedom of speech means we can ridicule the fuck out of people for saying shit we think is stupid. Welcome to the internet.

edit: i will defend my right to be sensygaf for as long as i breathe!!! take that, patriarchy!

Woorloog

Banned
This is so fucking far from the truth it's insane. Seriously?

Could. Maybe. But it is impossible to really know, the past being deterministic, unchangeable. We do not have any method to look at alternate universes should they exists...
Again, this view stems from how i see the world. Which is a very unconvetional way.

Yall can thank me later.

_Computer_
Banned
(Today, 03:48 PM)

Thanks to the mod who did it.

Shame, I kinda liked that guy until he went and said that.

Edit: I tend to agree with Juices here. The guy was a loon. But isn't Gaf supposed to be a free forum? He wasn't really inciting violence or anything... You're free to ridicule people for saying moronic stuff. But banning them?

True but I kind of like this place, and I also only spent a few minutes tops on that thought/post. I just think a lot of people need to grow up. You guys just witch hunted that banned fuckface instead of talking to him.

kylej

Banned

Otherwise this is some shitty devolved forum where people don't have freedom of speech, which it obviously is. I don't like that fact though and I think were better than that. If you don't like what someone says ignore them. Since we have the options at our disposal the moderating powers should be in our hands. GO use them. Its like two, possible three clicks to put him on ignore.

You don't have freedom of speech. You agreed to a Terms of Service when you signed up to NeoGAF; you have no rights here.

Tawpgun

Normally I might agree. But I'm also a huge space nut. So I'm in the Buzz Aldrin camp of dealing with people like this.

1200871_o.gif

In retrospect it might have been interesting to educate his ass, but I don't regret what has happened.

heckfu

Banned
Could. Maybe. But it is impossible to really know, the past being deterministic, unchangeable. We do not have any method to look at alternate universes should they exists...
Again, this view stems from how i see the world. Which is a very unconvetional way.
I'm quoting this so you can see the things you post again and think if it was really worth your effort. Go take a walk outside. Play video games. Throw a football.

Anything, do ANYTHING, but be on Gaf all day.

Woorloog

Banned
Woorloog, just drop it. It's not the right time nor the place to discuss this.
And you've got enough posts as it is.

I'd drop it if people didn't ask or wonder about what and how i think.

This is really, hmm, tame anyway, compared to my more extreme opinions.

I'm quoting this so you can see the things you post again and think if it was really worth your effort. Go take a walk outside. Play video games. Throw a football.

Anything, do ANYTHING, but be on Gaf all day.

Gimme my life back and i'll do that.

#tryingToIgnoreAllOfTheAbove

Still mulling the music reveal this week over in my head.
Decided not to get the $75 LE, even though I really like the physical goods. The remix music, or at least what they've revealed of it, isn't for me.

As for the OST itself, there are pieces I like and dislike, where I kind of agree with Letters' that Davidge generally starts well and and increases "everything" to a messy conclusion. Still, overall I'm happy enough with what I've heard. Assuming the rest of the components of cutscenes come together I predict much enjoyment of them.
How his music will work in regular combat is a mystery, but one I'd rather find out for myself.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
It's sad that we're still relying on off screen cell phone footage as our main source of videos, c'mon 343.

Yeah it only recently hit me that the MLG E3 videos are the only pieces of direct-feed gameplay we have and the game comes out in 3 months while Black Ops II has almost 10 hours of direct-feed footage a week after it was announced.

Kinda weird they just keep holding back when it comes to media.

Computron

Blackmagic Intensity Pro. No queston. The raw video is so nice. Unfortunately I just deleted all my raw video (Cleaning up and making the switch to SSD this weekend). I could record something you want and send an uncompressed unedited raw copy but be specific it gets huge fast.

And a 7200rpm harddrive is fast enough to record the Blackmagic Media Express Avi compression (Which is like no compression and really raw good quality), but go SSD if you want to record even higher completely uncompressed quality in another program like VirtualDub.

Well I am looking for something with a lot of smooth motion, so something like close-mid range BR battles, but not super twitchy sniping. Definitely some warthog driving at high speeds, maybe with some flips. Anything that would look cool in super slow motion would be awesome as well.

I could just send you some clips if you would up to it.

I wanna try out some filters I got so that I can do some tweening and get super smooth 60fps footage with High quality motion blur like that direct feed L4d clip I posted earlier.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Glad that turd got flushed.

Side note while GAF is cooperating, something is SERIOUSLY wrong when I'm the best player on my team in Arena. Also, Reach is a steaming pile still if for no other reason than there is no join in progress AND there is a quit penalty. I had to play out a match with 2 guys having quit.

Bleh, at least I still went +7 though.

Well I am looking for something with a lot of smooth motion, so something like close-mid range BR battles, but not super twitchy sniping. Definitely some warthog driving at high speeds, maybe with some flips. Anything that would look cool in super slow motion would be awesome as well.

I could just send you some clips if you would up to it.

I wanna try out some filters I got so that I can do some tweening and get super smooth 60fps footage with High quality motion blur like that direct feed L4d clip I posted earlier.

K send me the clips.

I don't blame them for now allowing direct feed at this FanExpo event.
It is the old E3 build being played there, and they are about to release a bunch of new stuff at PAX from a much more current build.
We just need to be patient one more week.

Eh? Just one week?

PAX is in 6 days

True but I kind of like this place, and I also only spent a few minutes tops on that thought/post. I just think a lot of people need to grow up. You guys just witch hunted that banned fuckface instead of talking to him.

tumblr_m8cbsoAhQf1qkftiqo2_500.gif

The UI sound effects are frikkin cool. I can already see myself spending hours upon hours just in the menus of Halo 4 lol

Homeboyd

I won't spend much time on this since I'm lttp, but n00bs said it best here:

Let's talk about how the moon landing is fake on the day the first man to set foot on the moon passed away. HaloGAF pls

Saying what computer said is one thing (and doesn't bother me in the slightest)... It's the time he chose to say it. Every time there's something tragic posted on GAF (all the recent shooting threads), people take that opportunity to make it about something bigger to stir the pot and get some attention (gun control, etc...). Give the deceased like... I don't know.. 1 day free from that kind of discussion. Pay your respects (or don't), and save the other bullshit for another day.

Karl2177

I don't blame them for now allowing direct feed at this FanExpo event.
It is the old E3 build being played there, and they are about to release a bunch of new stuff at PAX from a much more current build.
We just need to be patient one more week.

PAX is in 6 days

Boomwood?

It's been around 2 months since E3 though. In that time we've gotten the same campaign demo from a bunch of places(and I'm fine with there being just 1 campaign demo until release) and 3 full direct feed multiplayer matches. Everything else has been off-screen camera or phone footage. In 343's defense though, we are still about 2 and a half months from release.

raindoc

Can i? I've never felt anything comparable. I cannot know or understand (yet) how people then felt. I accept that maybe it was important but otherwise it won't affect me. It is just history to me.

like most of the user's here, i was born well after the moon landing too.
and still it runs a shiver down my spine when i watch the footage and think of what those guys did back then - riding a craft, which now almost looks antique when compared to my car, to the moon and back?
the words he, N.Armstrong, spoke that day probably weren't his, but they were true.
leaving earth and touching other solid ground, that's the dream.

RIP Mr Armstrong

EDIT ah. Wonder what we'll get... we will get something right?

Attendees get to play on a current build with a more full sandbox (new weapons, perks, etc), they are also revealing a new map.
Then they have a panel on Saturday talking about what is new to Halo 4 ("Halo Reborn").

New campaign, spartan ops, and war games info.
Much more current build footage.

Yezzir, hated that stupid nickname.
Made it when I was 7, hardly ever used it.
Dunno why I picked it for here, didn't expect to post much I guess.

Aggrotek

Attendees get to play on a current build with a more full sandbox (new weapons, perks, etc), they are also revealing a new map.
Then they have a panel on Saturday talking about what is new to Halo 4 ("Halo Reborn").

New campaign, spartan ops, and war games info.

Is this real?

Is this real?

From bulletin:
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-82212.aspx

bsangel:
"According to their website, PAX Prime is a little over eight days away. That means those of us tasked with preparing the relevant Halo 4 builds and assets have approximately one week to put the finishing touches on any videos, a new map, and an already-announced-but-not-yet-played-but-will-be-playable game type that may or may not be making an appearance at this event. "

From bulletin:
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2012/08/22/The-Halo-Bulletin-82212.aspx

bsangel:
"According to their website, PAX Prime is a little over eight days away. That means those of us tasked with preparing the relevant Halo 4 builds and assets have approximately one week to put the finishing touches on any videos, a new map, and an already-announced-but-not-yet-played-but-will-be-playable game type that may or may not be making an appearance at this event. "

OB/CTF? I want to see both! So many new strategies now that we can throw the ball and I wonder how they're going to handle CTF. Watching that dude move around in the second game reminds me of myself, fingers always moving.. So damn hyped to play this game.

-EDIT-

BOOM! Member status ;] Don't worry Juniors, I'll love you forever <3

There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?

Top Bottom