• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not going to begin to say you're right or wrong, however it's times like these that one should learn to keep these types of comments to yourself.
The problem, in my experience, is that no time is ever right according to others... EDIT eh, i was going to continue this somehow but it slipped from my mind. Would have probably riled people here even more though...
Did anyone see the tweet where that one 343 guy said Halo 4's campaign is longer than Tales of Vesperia? Someone send me IGN's contact email address. They should know of this first.

How long is Tales of Vesperia?

Did anyone see the tweet where that one 343 guy said Halo 4's campaign is longer than Tales of Vesperia? Someone send me IGN's contact email address. They should know of this first.

I got The Examiner on the line right now, 60 hour campaign confirmed, news story up later tonight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Just ignore and let it go. Not worth it... I wouldn't be surprised if that's the theme around here to try and get the easy prey banned..
For the record I haven't reported not even one of the new members here. I'm trying to give a heads up from one member to another to just take it easy. I get a lot of new people are excited to post but that's what made us burn through the last two OT's.

Halo 4 NOT About to go Gold Confirms Designer

Halo 4 "Off Schedule," says Production Lead

Here's something that never made sense.

ODST's got VISR and Spartans did not. Now you could say "but VISR was invented after the spartan's" but chief got his armed shipped to the Cairo the Morning before he was fitted meaning that it was very soon after completion date? Why was it not inter grated into the suit.

Now the easy answer is Bungie had not made VISR by this point and that is fine but at some point id love if they added it to him. I guess ProVis is like VISR 2.0 but id like if it was reverse engineered into a more "UNSC" tech for H5 and H6

Maybe the UNSC was just using the ODSTs as guinea pigs? I'd imagine that they're cautious about giving Spartans new stuff. Wouldn't want anything to go wrong...right?

lol
Submitting to N4G

Halo 4 "Cancelled," says Bill Gates

ODST's got VISR and Spartans did not. Now you could say "but VISR was invented after the spartan's" but chief got his armor shipped to the Cairo the Morning before he was fitted meaning that it was very soon after completion date? Why was it not intergrated into the suit.

Now the easy answer is Bungie had not made VISR by this point and that is fine but at some point id love if they added it to him. I guess ProVis is like VISR 2.0 but id like if it was reverse engineered into a more "UNSC" tech for H5 and H6

Vire

ODST's got VISR and Spartans did not. Now you could say "but VISR was invented after the spartan's" but chief got his armed shipped to the Cairo the Morning before he was fitted meaning that it was very soon after completion date? Why was it not inter grated into the suit.

How did Johnson use the VISR?

Video games.

Woorloog

Banned

Isn't MJOLNIR canonically equipped with VISR or similar tech? Nightvision, thermal at least.

Promethean vision is combination of UNSC VISR 4.0 plus Forerunner tech.

Isn't MJOLNIR canonically equipped with VISR or similar tech? Nightvision, thermal at least.

The Reach MJOLNIR has night vision which is kind of like visor but less useful and more green

Some ODST esq night based missions with a VISR mode in future halo titles could really scratch that T&R itch

senador

Banned
Sorry if this is old, but I found it interesting. Got this off the back of a Halo Mega Blocks box.

We know the gravity hammer is returning, and we know brutes aren't because Frankie confirmed it on here, but what about the chopper? I'd love to see it come back. And the one in the pictures is different than the Halo 3 version.

Very interesting. That looks more sleek and refined than what we have seen in the past. Is it a new set?

Woorloog

Banned
The Reach MJOLNIR has night vision which is kind of like visor but less useful and more green

Some ODST esq night based missions with a VISR mode in future halo titles could really scratch that T&R itch

Canonically, ie books etc. Not available due to gameplay reasons of course.

Spartan III Headhunter teams had VISR... so why not Mjolnir as well?

Lack of VISR storage capacity bothers me more... just 610MB...

Retcon.

They added the Spartan VISR (and the ability to use ODSTs weapons too) in Headhunters series as part of infiltration teams but it was an exclusive feature for ODSTs equipment in Games canon. Spartans only used night vision only.

Johnson's brain should have been turned into a AI.

Call it Sarge McKickass. Have it built into the Infinity and join cortana in the suit. He can appear as amini holo johnson next to cortana everytime she comes out spouting pointless but hilarious phrases.

Korosenai

Is it a Halo 4 megablock box?

If so, megaton! I'd really love the chopper to come back.

Yes it was from a Halo 4 megablock box. And same here. It was probably my favorite vehicle in H3.

You and all of GAF, apparently.

I personally didn't like them in Halo 3 because of how unwieldily they were, but I appreciated them more in ODST's Firefight.

Yea they were pretty handy in ODST.

Why Bungie decided to remove the Chopper is beyond me.. Much like how 343 is removing the 'Nade Launcher. Maybe it'll return in Halo 5 ;]

I hope they return at one point if not in the next game. Also the brute is holding a brute shot, but I don't know if that's because it's in the game or if it's just to go along with the Brute.

I also got this off the box (sorry for the glare)

BeOOB.jpg

GhaleonEB

So what's easier, getting 77 kills with the magnum, or 25 assists? And where are the best playlists for them?

I need four Challenges for weekly, having knocked off the other two today, and want to do one more so I don't have to run the table tomorrow.

Myyke

Neo Member
Very interesting. That looks more sleek and refined than what we have seen in the past. Is it a new set?

That thing looks like it is made up of a total of like, 10 bricks. No way we can judge whether it is based on the old chopper or a new one.

Yes it was from a Halo 4 megablock box. And same here. It was probably my favorite vehicle in H3.

They aren't Halo 4 sets, they just use the Halo 4 MC as part of the new packaging.

So what's easier, getting 77 kills with the magnum, or 25 assists? And where are the best playlists for them?

I need four Challenges for weekly, having knocked off the other two today, and want to do one more so I don't have to run the table tomorrow.

Anniversary Classic should sort you for Magnum kills!

Ken

Yea they were pretty handy in ODST.

I hope they return at one point if not in the next game. Also the brute is holding a brute shot, but I don't know if that's because it's in the game or if it's just to go along with the Brute.

I also got this off the box (sorry for the glare)

Oh it's the ugly marine helmet.

I'm not willing to say that the Rhino and Chopper megabloks are confirmation that they'll be in Halo 4 but they could certainly be evidence.

That is to say, there's a slight glimmer of hope.

Homeboyd

Definitely magnum kills. Anni classic or hope for SWAT magnums. Or you can just use your mag secondary in all swat matches. Just seeing what the assist challenges do to matches hurts my soul. Although, it is pretty easy to rack up assists in multi team or FFA. Just the thought of popping shields and leaving them alive hoping someone else kills them.... : /

Havok

Magnums. Play SWAT, vote for SWAT Magnums or SWAT Potato. Possibly SWAT 3 Plots.

Korosenai

I'm not willing to say that the Rhino and Chopper megabloks are confirmation that they'll be in Halo 4 but they could certainly be evidence.

That is to say, there's a slight glimmer of hope.
Exactly. Just found it interesting, thats all. And i thought Frankie already confirmed no brutes anyways (I cant remember for sure).

For the record I haven't reported not even one of the new members here. I'm trying to give a heads up from one member to another to just take it easy. I get a lot of new people are excited to post but that's what made us burn through the last two OT's.

The posting too much is totally understandable, I usually just drop a PM by new people telling them to chill and be smarter with their posting instead of bombarding them in this thread. Doesn't take an expert to see how these OT's flow, but some have a hard time adjusting so reaching out privately seems to help out sometimes..

I know I'm still new here, so I hope some of the vets don't take what I say sometimes the wrong way. Just trying to do the decent thing and be myself..

Personalities are everywhere guys. We're all snowflakes here :]

L1NETT

Looks like we're going to be seeing a remake of Countdown in Halo 4 too! Yippee!

panelist_large.jpg

Is this real? I am a bit confused.

Edit: I understand now, just me being a bit dense. Sorry.

Frankie said no Brutes, now Brutes show up on Megablox. Them and the rhino could just be for toys only and not in game.

None of the sets are specific Halo 4 sets, aside from Forward Unto Dawn. The new Megablocks Halo Universe packaging just happens to have the new Mater Chief on them.

Ahhhhhhhhh Thanks very much. Not much hope of them being in Halo 4 then.

Overdoziz

Banned
Flashlight > VISR babby mode
I don't want to spend half a game with some dumb filter on like in ODST. I really hate filters in games. Night-vision, heat-vision, VISR mode, Prometean-vision, they're all shit. I want to see the game itself, not a few green, red or green shapes resembling a map or level.

Myyke

Neo Member

Frankie said no Brutes, now Brutes show up on Megablox. Them and the rhino could just be for toys only and not in game.

Not all of the new Megabloks sets are Halo 4 specific. The new Megabloks Halo Universe packaging just happens to have the new Mater Chief on them, which is apparently confusing people.

Aggrotek

The posting too much is totally understandable, I usually just drop a PM by new people telling them to chill and be smarter with their posting instead of bombarding them in this thread. Doesn't take an expert to see how these OT's flow, but some have a hard time adjusting so reaching out privately seems to help out sometimes..

I know I'm still new here, so I hope some of the vets don't take what I say sometimes the wrong way. Just trying to do the decent thing and be myself..

Personalities are everywhere guys. We're all snowflakes here :]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X2AvfSTi6Q

Woorloog

Banned
Flashlight > VISR babby mode
I don't want to spend half a game with some dumb filter on like in ODST. I really hate filters in games. Night-vision, heat-vision, VISR mode, Prometean-vision, they're all shit. I want to see the game itself, not a few green, red or green shapes resembling a map or level.

Understand what you mean, though I don't like Flashlights either really... This is one problem with Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games, can't do anything at night time without a nightvision spell or a light spell.

VISR mode should be something that is useful at times but not needed constantly.
Remember how it worked in ODST announcement trailer? It just gave the Brutes outlines, helping to differentiate them from the backround.

Korosenai

The megablocks are no way tied into the game.

I just saw the chopper and felt like posting it, because I havent seen it posted and its different than Halo 3s chopper. This doesnt mean that the chopper is gonna be in the game though.

Top Bottom