• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

CyReN

Yeah, I've noticed that, my point was to the fact when I said this (That people saying "we're back" are not understanding what this November thing is, an advertisement) a few days ago, Cyren said "Anyone who thinks 'we're back' is an idiot." Now he posts this video.

I like Cyren, but I think this is a bit, odd.

People need to keep their heads in reality.

We are back and you are all jelly, you caught me.

If anybody thinks "we are back" aren't thinking clearly, is this the step in the right direction? definitely. It's that simple and no need to bitch about a fan made video.

pbMfs.png

so im assuming by a few he means 2. i really hope we get some kind of BTS today that talks about CTF and the new map.

but we'll probably get shaky off screen footage instead. ;_;

Bsigg12

So I just finished Halo: Cryptum and I really enjoyed the book. It really has me wondering what is going on in Halo 4, or who the antagonist will be,
how can it be the didact if the librarian said the Didact was killed by the Master Builder?

So many questions :(

After reading Cryptum,
I think we'll actually fight alongside the Didact/Bornstellar (same person now) at some point. I think fighting Prometheans in 4 has to do with the fact that the Shield Worlds are fighting a new threat to them. I think the thing that the San'Shyuum and the Humans were hiding on Charrum Hakkor will ultimately be the antagonist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
We are back and you are all jelly, you caught me.

Lol, I can't be jelly, I got no toast!

Edit:

If anybody thinks "we are back" aren't thinking clearly, is this the step in the right direction? definitely. It's that simple and no need to bitch about a fan made video.

Except you clearly are thinking "we are back," or going out of your way to make it appear so.

You call it "bitching" but I'm not bitching, I'm simply pointing out that people are setting themselves up for disappointment. I don't see how an advertisement tournament before launch like MLG has done with other games including Max Payne 3 is a step in the right direction.

Like I said though, I like you Cyren, so I'll stop here. I don't want to keep poking at you and start a fight. You can come back at me and get me good, and I'll let it go, because I like you so. Oh snap, a rap.

u4iX

Most of the members of THC are jumping on that "Its coming back for good" train. not any of the higher ups. just the random members. like Overkill.

I'm not on the "it's coming back for good" train.

I'm fucking excited that it'll have it's own tournament before the games own release at an event which I'll be attending.

That's the hype I'm on, I've spoken to Adam about things while in Raleigh. I'm not stupid, it's gonna be easier, more cost effective, and better business to run Black Ops 2 in my opinion.

They're catering to eSports, Sony has always put more sponsorship and endorsement towards their competitive titles. It's not difficult to connect dots.

Excuse me if I'm excited that Halo 4 is going to get put in the spotlight early on for MLG. Hopefully the event can foster up enough momentum to keep the competitive scene going regardless of what MLG decides to do.

You guys can get excited about that Cryo trailer, which is cool and all, but I'm hype for a pre-release tournament.

DeadNames

Banned

Will we be seeing off-screen footage or a Silverlight video?

Mountain Dew posted this on their Facebook page. Are we sure it's going to be UK only?

Hopefully Gamefuel makes its way over here as well...

She's rocking a blond do in this, but she's eminently adorable as a brunette too. And super nice. Actually the cast was absurdly nice.

Sounds like a premise for a horror movie.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm really looking forward to this, low budget camp and all.

The girl in this video is really cute.

She's rocking a blond do in this, but she's eminently adorable as a brunette too. And super nice. Actually the cast was absurdly nice.

u4iX

I hope the Flag + Pistol is UNSC Pistol specific.

Would serve for a nice metagame perhaps. Maybe you can wield the pistol and the flag, but you can't toss the flag. Then, if you're using both hands, you can flag juggle.

Different will not be better unless flag juggling is also present... no matter what else is done.

as i mentioned a while ago,

FLAG TAKEN +10
FLAG DROPPED +10
FLAG TAKEN +10
FLAG DROPPED +10
FLAG TAKEN +10
FLAG DROPPED +10
FLAG TAKEN +10
FLAG DROPPED +10

I still want flag juggling tho

Stinkles

Respectfully i just want a capture the flag experience that is simple. the flag carrier is helpless, and the team has to work with the carrier to get them to score. your tweet makes it sound like you guys have radically altered that simple concept.

Put it this way, if you sat down at a station and played, you would not have to figure out anything. What changes, ultimately, is the pace and it definitely expands the potential strategies. I tend to think about it, comparatively, like MLG CTF on The Pit - and there's really only one thing that wouldn't work anymore in that scenario, and games would happen at approximately the same pace they do now, but certain things that could slow down a CTF game wouldn't be as easy to get away with.

Tawpgun

Yeah I know I finished the book,
but not even Bornstellar considers himself to be the diadact completely

Also do we know why Guilty Spark calls the Chief "Reclaimer"?

He basically is the didact. All of his memories are in him. Short answer: Yes

2. Humanity are the "heirs" to the forerunner empire. They're the reclaimers of all their technology.

DeadNames

Banned
Put it this way, if you sat down at a station and played, you would not have to figure out anything. What changes, ultimately, is the pace and it definitely expands the potential strategies. I tend to think about it, comparatively, like MLG CTF on The Pit - and there's really only one thing that wouldn't work anymore in that scenario, and games would happen at approximately the same pace they do now, but certain things that could slow down a CTF game wouldn't be as easy to get away with.

Sprinting with the flag confirmed? :p

Can you elaborate on what slows down a CTF game?

Shenanigans I do with great success and nobody else bothers with.

Gosh diggity darn it!

Stinkles

is that some sort of forerunner transportation system?

Put it this way, driving the same distance in a car takes 14 minutes and the train only goes to random ass parts of the city. Dat infrastructure. Eventually it will go to Capitol Hill and the U District, which will really make it halfway viable, but right now it's a tool for tourists and businesspeople who specifically go downtown.

Tawpgun

Flag juggling looks incredibly stupid and is essentially an oversight from Bungie since they slowed the flag carrier down but didn't expect people to just throw the flag.

That being said, its also insanely fun and creates an interesting dynamic between speed and stealth. Build it in.

u4iX

MLG CTF on The Pit's pace was made possible by flag juggling from Plat to Green Hall to Plat... Flag juggling confirmed?

I'm not really sure what the comparison is supposed to provide actually, I'm still a little confused. So by being able to use the pistol with the flag, different strategies would have been possible on The Pit?

Stinkles

Yeah, I've noticed that, my point was to the fact when I said this (That people saying "we're back" are not understanding what this November thing is, an advertisement) a few days ago, Cyren said "Anyone who thinks 'we're back' is an idiot." Now he posts this video.

I like Cyren, but I think this is a bit, odd.

People need to keep their heads in reality.

You said that before and I'm not really sure what it means. This was an organic arrangement between 343i and MLG. It has nothing to do with our marketing.

Objective needs love, you only need to take a look at the population of Team Objective in Reach at the moment to assert that.

Let the peoples at 343i give it the love it needs, be a little open to change--less skeptical ;)

It's gunn b k.

We won. The community as a whole. Let's give it up for ourselves! *pats self on back*

Ya did good, ya did good.

It's a shame this never got to see much use.

Hq46F.png

Also, to Frankie - is the Flag Pistol identical to the secondary weapon loadout magnum? And how does the game handle it if you don't have a human Pistol equipped playing CTF, will it just pop out of nowhere? Or can you do things like Boltshot flag carriers, etc.

Risen

MLG CTF on The Pit's pace was made possible by flag juggling from Plat to Green Hall to Plat... Flag juggling confirmed?

I'm not really sure what the comparison is supposed to provide actually, I'm still a little confused. So by being able to use the pistol with the flag, different strategies would have been possible on The Pit?

No I think he went the other way... I'd guess no flag juggling, at least not as it is in the past. Then no slow down of the flag carrier's default speed. But no armor ability use.

DeadNames

Banned
Objective needs love, you only need to take a look at the population of Team Objective in Reach at the moment to assert that.

Let the peoples at 343i give it the love it needs, be a little open to change--less skeptical ;)

It's gunn b k.

Or increase the weighting of objective in BTB... Right now it's all Heavies...

So much for my favorite playlist :'(

u4iX

No I think he went the other way... I'd guess no flag juggling, at least not as it is in the past. Then no slow down of the flag carrier's default speed. But no armor ability use.

Hmm, interesting.

I guess we'll see how it all plays out as soon as info starts coming in from PAX.

Excited none the less!

Shenanigans I do with great success and nobody else bothers with.

AKA Frankie is that one guy who manages to sneak out of your spawn trap, grab the flag, walk S1, down runway (under sword room) where he then is called out, dongblained, and teabagged, as the flag returns.

Striker

Half of TO's gametypes are trash. Nobody wants to play Hot Potato or Speedflag. 3 Flag, Flag Slayer, and the overkill of Oddball showing up is another. You hardly see a healthy rotation of Neutral Bomb, 2-flag, 1-bomb/flag, etc., which is how it should be.

Oddball is a "sit in a room" objective mode, hopefully 343 isn't planning on making it one of their strong points for its Objective playlist. Tossing the ball around isn't going to speed it up or make it any more satisfying.

Or increase the weighting of objective in BTB... Right now it's all Heavies...

So much for my favorite playlist :'(

Well, one good thing to keep in mind is that the changes to flag games that you're lamenting won't be very prevalent in BTB. Running the flag all the way across a BTB map with a pistol isn't going to be a viable option. Vehicle coordination and map control will still be key.

If that one thing that isn't possible anymore is the jump from Plat to Green Box with the flag then I'ma be cross.

Top Bottom