• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Karl2177

Well Truskill doesn't tend to be needed in a progression system. 1-50 in Halo 3 is different to the one MW2 had. Halo 3's system was not a progression system. It wasn't designed so people could start at 1, get to 50, then buy a new account and start over. It was designed to give players and accurate skill level and subsequently use that skill level to match with players of similarly determined skill levels. Rank locking was supposed to happens as players played the game for many years.
The progression system in Halo 3 had an end goal of a 50 and 5000 exp. TrueSkill was a part of that progression system. And it was shoehorned to fit that progression. I don't understand your point. (TrueSkill is intended to get a player at a certain "rank", but progression systems are made to progress)

Conor 419

Banned
Golly, CTF is my favourite game mode! I can't wait to see it in action in Halo 4, I sure hope we see some new vehicles as well! Vehicles are my favourite thing!

Fotos

Is it optional? Like can you still only hold the flag and smash people with it?

Maybe if you are have a magnum on you you hold it along with the flag. I was just thinking what if you could hold like the plasma pistol with it or that Promethean pistol called the BoltShot i think

You will know in a few hours.

anslK.gif

TheOddOne

Maybe if you are have a magnum on you you hold it along with the flag. I was just thinking what if you could hold like the plasma pistol with it or that Promethean pistol called the BoltShot i think
I wonder if wielding both weapon and flag makes you slower. So if you only hold the flag you are faster.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
You will know in a few hours.

But its already 10:25 AM on the East coast and I'm due for my morning nap at work! I can't stay awake, but I can't sleep because then I'll miss Halo news!

oh... and I guess its not a good idea to sleep at work... but.... whatever....

Gunnerdude
Fired
(Today, 10:26 AM)

Sweet my Halo schedule just became wide open! And I owe it all to crying kids and Halo news coming from the West Coast!

Screw going to school dances there is Halo 4 info today! :(

Back in my day we used to go to all the dances! Then when we got home we would fire up the HAM radio and contact our buddies to find out the latest and greatest news from the fields of baseball while listening to the local game on the AM dial!

Aggrotek

But its already 10:25 AM on the East coast and I'm due for my morning nap at work! I can't stay awake, but I can't sleep because then I'll miss Halo news!

oh... and I guess its not a good idea to sleep at work... but.... whatever....

Gunnerdude
Fired
(Today, 10:26 AM)

Since CTF will be shown today, what do you guys think about wielding the pistol along with the flag?
I'm all for charging up the gametype to make it more popular as long as it doesn't make it wildly different, and I don't think holding the pistol will do that. Hopefully you can't reload without dropping the flag.

Omni

So I went to play a game of Ghost Recon Future Soldier tonight and apparently if you have a strict NAT you can't play online... I'm not sure why this would be. My NAT fluctuates between open and strict a lot, so I find that very annoying - especially considering my connection isn't slow or anything and my NAT won't affect other players.

Does anyone know if Halo 4 will allow you to play multiplayer with a scrict NAT?

Screw going to school dances there is Halo 4 info today! :(
Lol.

Karl2177

So I went to play a game of Ghost Recon Future Soldier tonight and apparently if you have a strict NAT you can't play online... I'm not sure why this would be. My NAT fluctuates between open and strict a lot, so I find that very annoying - especially considering my connection isn't slow or anything and my NAT won't affect other players.

Does anyone know if Halo 4 will allow you to play multiplayer with a scrict NAT?
Are you in the dashboard beta?

Gui_PT

I'm all for charging up the gametype to make it more popular as long as it doesn't make it wildly different, and I don't think holding the pistol will do that. Hopefully you can't reload without dropping the flag.

It'd be nice if you only had one clip.

Well it'd be nicer if you could only hold the flag, but since we know that's not happening...

I get 15 free minutes of internet on this flight. As you can see I'm making good use of it.

BTW, PAXers, anything going on before the opening?

Top Bottom