• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

CyReN

Aren't you following me? I got it. But I still fear that Claude's joke is coming true. He joked that Frankie will appear behind me and say "you can't keep that.", take my hobby and disappear again. I am going to fight for it.

Missed it, nice work man hope you like it:)

Conor 419

Banned
I've been out with the chums again today, so a summary from anyone kind would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I hear there's a Vidoc coming? Looks like I'M stayin' up for that!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'd hope I'd be as respectful towards you as I would to a dev, criticism or praise. I'd never shit on someone putting an honest effort into their work. But you are right, will move on.

If you ever hold anything back, then you're not being truly honest to yourself or anyone else

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Aren't you following me? I got it. But I still fear that Claude's joke is coming true. He joked that Frankie will appear behind me and say "you can't keep that.", take my hobby and disappear again. I am going to fight for it.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I'm pretty sure Frankie can take you. You should hire me as a body guard, hell, all of HaloGAF should hire me as a body guard.

It would be like this, all day every day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRMbcQ3Kg3g

I won't even make you show me da receipts.

Gui_PT

I'm looking forward to campaign more so than multiplayer but I'd rather not be spoiled on it and I'd prefer it if they just released a MP vidoc explaining all the changes (So not just the CTF stuff).

Good luck with that

I am already having a dick

iDYkEAYvN7O5l.gif

I'm looking forward to campaign more so than multiplayer but I'd rather not be spoiled on it and I'd prefer it if they just released a MP vidoc explaining all the changes (So not just the CTF stuff).

Well now you put it like that im tending to agree with you. Personally Im more excited for Campaign then MP. Although MP will be a time sink for me. Campaign means more to me.

Regarding Halo 4 I'm Hyped. The new map looks fantastic, The Graphics and the colour pallet are what I wanted and I'm as blown away by that 30second B-Roll as much as I was the first footage of Halo 3. Its amazing how much 343 have pushed the 360.

The Changes to CTF are very jarring to say the least. Im not sold as of right now, I approve of wanting Objectives games to be more Objective orientated. Throwing the Oddball and Un-Droppable flags all promote team work and that is a good thing. Ill wait for first hand impressions before judging but its certainly a step in a new direction good or bad.

Beam Rifle is a welcome return the Focus rifle was just a sentinel beam for all intents and purposes and neither of those weapons even felt worth picking up.

Promethean Suppressor looks more useless than the storm rifle from what we have seen but that is very little.

Binary Rifle behaves how I imagined a brute sniper would, 2 Large rounds that kill as long as they hit. Seems kind of redundant with the Railgun/Sniper/Beam Rifle/Laser but maybe it will find its place.

Banshee looks fine, I never hated the Reach Banshee mainly because I was never on the end of its abuse. I think as long as its tweaked its going to be a solid Vehicle.

Regeneration Field seems okay, I do not like the DBZ style animation, Does not seem like something a Spartan would do but I can live with it.

Cannot wait for the ViDoc.

Off Topic
MGS GZ looks great, Fantastic Graphics, Textures are bland in areas but everything combined makes a great package. Running on PC hardware is a bit of a downer I'm curious what sacrafices have to be made for console versions.

Id rather it was a 720 launch title if it could maintain that level of detail on a new console.

Story wise i feel blown out by MGS. MGS1 was great
Twin Snakes was better #HatersGunnaHate
2 and 3 both did a good job of expanding the series and MGS4 was a fantastic conclusion its not only My 2008 GOTY but also my PS3 Game of the generation.

That said, I own PW but have not played it and after MGS4 I felt the series had reached its end and I was satisfied. If MGS GZ and MGS5 have anything to do with events before MGS 1 then I'm not sure if I even care about them from a narrative stand point.

Similar feelings with God of War: Ascension and Gears of War: Judgement learning why certain events take place is much better suited to Expanded Universe content than games. Reach and ODST being exceptions and mainly because they ignored characters of old and both told pretty interesting stories.

Off Topic Pt:2
Doctor Who was fantastic tonight, I'd say its easily in my top 3 episodes of the Matt Smith/Steven Moffat Run. Some amazing twists and turns and just all round quality Doctor Who.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Also, why so quiet Plywood? I like your sense of humor, I need more of it. #Plywoodin'
Less is more.

Majority of the thread became team downer over night, I somehow converted to reasonable doubt.

Also Ryan hates the woman in my avatar, boourns at him.

Less is more.

Majority of the thread became team downer over night, I somehow converted to reasonable doubt.

One of us, one of us.

I don't think h4 is gonna be shit. I just don't like those CTF changes I'm hearing. Still looks good though and heck said "gun play" so I'm not too worried.

Saipertrooper sexy times teamup after too many free Stinkles shots confirmed?
I did not get any free shots from Frankie.

Maybe I am salty atm. Damn I want to play Spartan Ops but If I am standing in the line, I get kick out and the Madcatz employees are telling me I should wait until I can wait in the line. Then an enforcer is reminding me that I cannot wait in a line to get in a line.

Conor 419

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_xkU8vYJrA&list=UUq7AJTe2LVeTN_vanfZ5bkw&index=1&feature=plcp

Complete and utter carnage, and it's great. Two minutes in is a summary of everything I love about Halo, there's just a fat off rumble in the middle of the map and everyone's there taking part in it. The map also looks spectacular, I can't wait to see what new vehicles they add.

I mean, it at least seems like the DMR has shorter range and that the vehicles are more resistant when faced against against basic weapons, so if that turns out to be the case then those are some really good revisits to the mechanics because I felt Reach BTB struggled a lot for those two reasons.

A lot of the new weapons and gadgets seem right at home in BTB, they suit the carnage quite nicely.

If only you could use a good gif as a LWP for your Smart Phone. That Regen SS Spartan IV was sooo good.

Frankie says keep calm... But it's a 10min ViDoc!

CyReN

For those unaware about Pax or have trouble reading posts above your own..

The Halo 4 Panel will not be live streamed
Pannel could be up tonight, could be tomorrow. Hell it could be next week. No for sure date yet besides later.
Panel starts in a hour
New 10 minute Vidoc goes live tonight, it will be about campaign.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

Pannel could be up tonight, could be tomorrow. Hell it could be next week. No for sure date yet besides later.
Panel starts in a hour

Apparently they will be talking about CTF changes?

Fantastic that the greater public has to wait until next week to hear their explanations.

Oh, wait. Twitter.

MS should consider buying Twitter at this rate.

nillapuddin

Beam Rifle, Promethean Suppressor, Binary Rifle, Banshee, Regen Field, Cannot wait for the ViDoc.

Off Topic
MGS4 was a fantastic conclusion its not only My 2008 GOTY but also my PS3 Game of the generation.

Halo:
Im pretty much with you on everything there, veryy interested in how Binary Rifle in particular

OT: MGS4 was probably the best ending to a series of games ever. I really hope the mainline Halo series can go out with a bang like that, no loose ends, just an awesome, awesome musical, nostalgic, emotional, epic conclusion

Panel starts in a hour
Has anyone asked if its all new or mostly what we've seen already?

Seance

Banned

This. I really don't want to know about the campaign. Not because i don't care about the campaign, but because i DO care about it. No spoilers, I just want to be drawn in with complete amazement and wonder for the worlds, story and characters. I want the Halo CE wow factor of crash landing on a ring world for the first time.

Multiplayer is definitely where I will put in the majority of my time though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUv98eWVnL0&feature=player_detailpage#t=5s

TheOddOne

Gone all day.

Annoying recap post.

What I miss from after Naked Eli's video? And the Binary Rifle vid.
- Bravo released another video with good stuff.
- The Halo Reborn panel will not be streamed live, but will show up next week on Waypoint.
- Hyper says that during the panel 343 will adress MP changes.
- In a couple of hours a SP Vidoc will be released to the public (that was shown at the panel).

That is about it I think.

senador

Banned
Red team's flag cap point is in a weird spot on Exile. Looks random. I figured part of making good maps would be having some form of base for flags. Just not sucky bases. This cap point feels like the ones on Powerhouse. Lame.

Top Bottom