• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Meh. Call me when it's MLG customs again. In the mean while, I'll stick to getting drunk.

I actually REALLY want to play some core 4v4 stuff, MLG and stuff would be a laugh, the customs today where great but it would be sweet to fit some proper 4v4 or FFA in there.

Got my tickets to Eurogamer, going for Sunday so I doubt I will get as much hands on in the game as I would want, but it would be sweet to get like a game in then just dick around. I kind of hope that since the game should be gold by then that we actually get to see even more, but I get the feeling it will be the same build as Pax? Either way will be nice to get an early touch to see what the MP feels like/ if I even like it, so I can enjoy campaign first day on release.

I just realized something...
The LOCUS helmet doesn't have any skins, so that means the helmet itself is a preorder bonus. The only place that has that pre order bonus is MightyApe.
Only people in New Zealand will have that helmet.
wtf 343.

vader.png

This is an amazing thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hey guys,

If anyone ever wanted to download the NeoGAF vs 343i Exile CTF Gameplay video, but didn't want to go through 6 RAR files from MediaFire, I have set up a .torrent file so you can download the RAW file!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/590890/exil...12.mov.torrent

This was posted at the HBO Forums for a while, and from the looks of things, you shouldn't have any problems!

I'll be seeding for a while, so let me know if you have any issues!
Nice, I'll seed periodically.

Scoped SMG as secondary loadout weapon would be boss.

Sad to see the SMG not come back at all. This is why I want a campaign with an extended sandbox.

The LOCUS helmet doesn't have any skins, so that means the helmet itself is a preorder bonus. The only place that has that pre order bonus is MightyApe.
wtf 343.

So no one cares that 343 is fucking every one not living in New Zealand out of a helmet?

TCKaos

SeHjv.png

I couldn't shop the shoulder piece in correctly, as it's at a wonky angle in the video and the screen starts dimming for the game to start as soon as he gets to it.

I like it. Looks pretty faithful to the original Mark VI. Not diggin' the shoulders, though. But hey, I can overlook that as long as the rest of it is done fairly well.

darthbob

So no one cares that 343 is fucking every one not living in New Zealand out of a helmet?

I believe it was stated that aside from the LE and Console bundles, all the helmets will be available for everyone at some point.

I don't have a source, and my memory is foggy, so it could be b.s., but I feel like I heard this stated.

Edit: Oh, and yeah man, I really don't care about the helmets. Shit, it's not like I ever look at my Spartan in the 3rd person.

SeHjv.png

I couldn't shop the shoulder piece in correctly, as it's at a wonky angle in the video and the screen starts dimming for the game to start as soon as he gets to it.

I like it. Looks pretty faithful to the original Mark VI. Not diggin' the shoulders, though. But hey, I can overlook that as long as the rest of it is done fairly well.
The shoulders for Mark VI are basically the Mark VI shoulders but stretched.
I'd really like to get a good look at the leg armor for Mark VI because the helmet and arms are perfect and the chest has been edited to fit in the boundaries of the spartan IV frame.

Thats some assumptions you're making.

No Skins could be just in that build. I find it very doubtful they are going to lock actual armor behind preorder content.
All the other skins are there in that build.

Holiday

Banned
I'll be using that Scanner helmet for sure, since the tape deck is just too pro. Hopefully it plays Little Richard in game.

My SO is a nurse and a couple years ago she told me to pair every drink, no matter if its a shot or a beer, with a glass of water, and no matter how drunk you get, you won't get a hangover. I've followed this advice, and have never had one since.

I had a pitcher of water right next to me the whole time! No buggy hangover this time.

Im still bummed about the biggish script leak in the vidoc.. I read it assuming they wouldn't have anything too huge in it, and I think I was wrong.

wtf 343.

Wait, what does the PAX build say that implies Locus is retailer exclusive?

kylej

Banned
hrm Ninja regularly has like, 1200 people watching his stream whenever I check in. Guess people are getting in a Halo mood.

I made a chart to try and make sense of all of the Halo 4 weapons we know so far, and sort them into categories (provided each faction has an even number of weapons):

iZ6px.png

Three things to note.
The Promethean Hardlight Scythe is really unnamed, referring to the melee weapon mounted on the Promethean Knights.
The Promethean Repeater was mentioned in a past bulletin, and may be the Suppressor, but renamed.
The Promethean "SMG" (unnamed weapon) was seen in screenshots, and may be an early build of a Boltshot. It did not see any action in movement thusfar.

dog-and-baby-bunny.gif

Good job Wahrer. I thought the Promethean SMG was already proven to be the Boltshot? What we thought was an SMG on the dude's leg was actually the Boltshot with some shadows.

Top Bottom