• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

nillapuddin

lolguys. They are obv not going to show you every helmet that's going to be available to you in the final game during a floor demo.

DO YOU PROMISE!?!

OgVzn.gif

(sniffles, wipes tear away)

thanks friend,
its gunna be okay,
its gunna be in okay.
its gunna be in the okay.
ITS GUNNA BE IN THE GAME.

I don't know how skins/modeling/textures/etc work, but could they release a DLC pack of an armor skin that modified the model (not the hitbox) of the helmet itself? For example:

Helmet Equipped: Mark VI
Helmet Skin:
Mark VI (Default)
Mark V (Noble Six helmet)
Mark V [A] (Classic)
Mark VI [117] (Chief campaign helmet)
Mark VI [2] (Easter egg, low-poly Halo 2 helmet)

Or are armor skins limited to just modifying the existing textures?

GhaleonEB

It's very confusing. After the panel was over, I made a short post about my feelings on the subject. Assault is a classic gametype. Why announce Griffball before that?

Given what we know of Griffball and CTF, if Assault is indeed returning, there's a good chance the mob will be an auto-pick-up. I can't see 343 putting a marker over your head for the bomb carrier, given that stealth can be a huge part of planting the bomb. I have less of a hard time imagining that you'll be able to have a pistol out while carrying the bomb, but I'd like to think that unlikely.

It might be telling that the bomb in Grifball is now an Oddball.

DeadNames

Banned
Ugh... Heavies.

I can't stand BTB anymore because of it.

Oh Halo 4, please don't suck.

Also, that murder miners game looks sweet. I'll have to download it. I spotted Hang em High and I think Chill Out there, too.

"K guys, I got rockets, I'm gonna clear them out so you can pull the-- FUCK I TOUCHED THE FLAG!!"

But how can you possibly touch the flag with the announcer screaming and pointing to where the flag is.. Every. Single. Moment.

Hmm?

HMM?!

Have a teammate betray you so that your team regains control of rockets. Adapt to the deeper layers of teamwork being forced upon ye and evolve your strategies bro.

tumblr_lj3cdx2g3D1qztc63o1_r2_500.gif

Enfinit

Ugh... Heavies.

I can't stand BTB anymore because of it.

Oh Halo 4, please don't suck.

Also, that murder miners game looks sweet. I'll have to download it. I spotted Hang em High and I think Chill Out there, too.

I had this same exact thought just a moment ago, right before I turned my Xbox off. The only fun I get out of Reach anymore is trolling my teammates in BTB, although having a completely garbage Internet connection doesn't help either.

DeadNames

Banned
I had this same exact thought just a moment ago, right before I turned my Xbox off. The only fun I get out of Reach anymore is trolling my teammates in BTB, although having a completely garbage Internet connection doesn't help either.

I don't even get pleasure of trolling teammates... Reach just feels... Dead. To me, at least. It sucks because I can't stand CoD MP and that's the only game that has matchmaking that I play other than Halo. Hopefully Murder Miners can hold me over for two months.

I don't even get pleasure of trolling teammates... Reach just feels... Dead. To me, at least. It sucks because I can't stand CoD MP and that's the only game that has matchmaking that I play other than Halo. Hopefully Murder Miners can hold me over for two months.

Can't really argue against that.. Reach just feels dead. Doing crazy stuff in BTB with vehicles is still fun though depending on sober levels ;]

I will wait to judge the MP offerings until the full scope of them is known.

Did you ever post the end of your three part impression? idk if I missed it..

GhaleonEB

Did you ever post the end of your three part impression? idk if I missed it..

I will tonight. I picked up a cold of sorts that's settling into me big time today; I crashed early last night before writing it, and am about to go down for a nap. I'll post it after dinner.

It will basically be my take on systems like the ordnance drops and flag rules, and some of the decisions made in the load out and armor mods. I've been thinking through situations in which they may help and hurt, mostly based on games I played.

GhaleonEB

That's the right thing to do, but even if we get one or two new fun and fantastic gametypes in its place, I know I'll miss it, at the very least, for all the awesome moments it has given me. Nothing like making a heart-throbbing bomb plant in a Halo game.

I'll miss it too, if it's gone, as it's one of my favorite game types, Neutral Assault in particular. I don't think Oddball works in a BTB context, which makes CTF the only objective game so far announced that would work in BTB. I'm hoping there are more to come.

Enfinit

I've resorted to finishing up the rest of my Steam games and DS titles that I never got around to playing to hold me over until Halo 4. November can't come fast enough.

That's the right thing to do, but even if we get one or two new fun and fantastic gametypes in its place, I know I'll miss it, at the very least, for all the awesome moments it has given me. Nothing like making a heart-throbbing bomb plant in a Halo game.

I knew what this was before I clicked it. Ha!

I'm there with you, neutral assault/one bomb are the finest objective modes next to CTF.

I don't think they will get rid of it.

Nice that there are some more compact chest pieces, I dislike the wicked huge back protrusions on most of them. The Mark VI chest piece looks nothing like it. :X

Cool, once again thanks for sharing.

Welp, looks like I was either stupid and forgot or I got Red Lion'd, too.

I wore the 117 shirt I got from the February showcase on Friday and now that I was unpacking my stuff, I realized I didn't have the shirt with me.

That was seriously my best Halo shirt. :(

That really sucks.. =/

Maybe you can call the hotel and see if they found the shirt and have a lost and found?

Yes, Light Rifle is loadout.

Yes, I immediately liked it a lot more than in Reach, went on a nice little spree with it in a game on Adrift.

No need to find those impressions if you can wait, it will all be in my big write-up.

I think that's correct.

You get 5 custom loadouts.

Im definitely looking forward to your writeup.

Mark_II_SPI_Armor_Variant.jpg

I pray for this every day. Frankie Pls

I would love for that helmet, but there are so many EVA like helmets that I do not think we will see it.

For those who are interested in Halo 4's armor. Bravo has released a video of some armor pieces and skins, from the PAX build:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19nznZGyuw0&feature=g-u-u

Edit: I think I'm kinda late with this video. I thought it said 1 minute ago, but it is actuallly 41 minutes ago. :/

Oh cool, he cruises through em, but they are looking good. A lot of variety. =)

lolguys. They are obv not going to show you every helmet that's going to be available to you in the final game during a floor demo.

Ill be honest, I think the PAX build had all the helmets and weapons in the game.. Maybe just maybe there are some hidden sets, but the presence of FOTUS leads me to think otherwise. I of course could be wrong, but Im gonna follow my gut and say we have seen all the helmets the game will ship with.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Hmmm...I wonder if I can pass and catch the oddball if riding in the passenger seat of a warthog or on the back of a mongoose, that would be glorious!

DeadNames

Banned
I've resorted to finishing up the rest of my Steam games and DS titles that I never got around to playing to hold me over until Halo 4. November can't come fast enough.

That reminds me- I think I'm gonna pick up a 3DS soon.

Also, do any other HaloGaffers play Terraria?

Top Bottom