• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

has 343 talked about the european versions at all? will we get the english dub this time or is it french/italian/german... only?

i shudder when i think about the german voice of cortana. its a disaster.

Christmas 2007 was nearly ruined because of my German Halo 3 version. We booted up the game, anticipation killing us and when we started the first level, we heard Cortana talk in German. What a turn off :lol

has 343 talked about the european versions at all? will we get the english dub this time or is it french/italian/german... only?

French Buck was pretty horrible. Considering you know you could be listening to Nathan Fillion.

Akai__

It will be in the language which your country is speaking according to Frankie.

However I asked about a downloadable english dialogue over XBL, but they didn't comentate on that.

Edit:

Christmas 2007 was nearly ruined because of my German Halo 3 version. We booted up the game, anticipation killing us and when we started the first level, we heard Cortana talk in German. What a turn off :lol

Sadly, this is true. German synch's are terrible...

S1kkZ

oh boy, cortanas voice in the intro...i dont even know how a professional voice actor can deliver some lines as badly as she did.

please frankie/david: give us some info about this stuff. will we get new voice actors for chief / cortana? ist the english dub on the disc?

edit: oh, that sucks. i dont want to import...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
French Buck was pretty horrible. Considering you know you could be listening to Nathan Fillion.

Book?

IKTRf.jpg

S1kkZ

Please release the original dialogues/synch's for us foreigners, as a XBL DLC.

yeah, that would be great. fable 3 did it, mass effect 3 did it. or at least cast some new (professional) voices for chief and cortana.
i mean: the german chief was the fucking intern at the sound studio.

Vire

oh boy, cortanas voice in the intro...i dont even know how a professional voice actor can deliver some lines as badly as she did.

please frankie/david: give us some info about this stuff. will we get new voice actors for chief / cortana? ist the english dub on the disc?

edit: oh, that sucks. i dont want to import...

That must be awful.

I can't imagine anyone else's' voice for Cortana other than Jen Taylor.

So what's everyone planning to do with the campaign?

Savor every moment and try and elongate it as much as possible, or blast through it all in one marathon session after the midnight launch?

1st play through will be on normal, and I will savor it, probably over 3 sessions, then jump into MP. Then come back and do a heroic run or co-op

I played through Halo 3 at least 10 times in co-op in the month or so after release

Ramirez

New Halo 4 PAX Prime Gameplay on Exile CTF (35-14-14 + Killing Frenzy with a BR and Light Rifle.)

Looks so awesome to me, multiple times I said to myself, "In Reach he'd be dead", whether it was running up on more than one guy, or grenades landing all around him.

Some things to note...

-Rockets had 6 shots (perk I guess), I feel like this is going to be nerfed if rockets are anything close to Reach.

-I don't really understand why the LR is 4 shot scoped & 5 shot unscoped. Let's say you land 3 shots in scope, does it take 2 out of scope to finish him? How about 4 shots, stripped shields in scope, how many out of scope? I feel like it's going to lead to randomness and a lot of "wtf" moments when you are killed by it. Also, if you pair the perk that lessens scope knock out, isn't this going to become the go to rifle?

-Anyone else notice that in pretty much every game that's been posted, it seems like flags are constantly being pulled and the game just seems more active? A game of CTF Reach is one of the most boring affairs I can think of in regular MM. It might be because everyone is new to the game, but I suppose the changes in the overall game might be lending to this. I hope it sticks, nothing more boring than a team never even touching your flag...

Overall though, I can't wait to get my hands on this game, the gunplay just looks SO freaking good.

JHall

Looks so awesome to me, multiple times I said to myself, "In Reach he'd be dead", whether it was running up on more than one guy, or grenades landing all around him.

Some things to note...

-Rockets had 6 shots (perk I guess), I feel like this is going to be nerfed if rockets are anything close to Reach.

-I don't really understand why the LR is 4 shot scoped & 5 shot unscoped. Let's say you land 3 shots in scope, does it take 2 out of scope to finish him? How about 4 shots, stripped shields in scope, how many out of scope? I feel like it's going to lead to randomness and a lot of "wtf" moments when you are killed by it. Also, if you pair the perk that lessens scope knock out, isn't this going to become the go to rifle?

-Anyone else notice that in pretty much every game that's been posted, it seems like flags are constantly being pulled and the game just seems more active? A game of CTF Reach is one of the most boring affairs I can think of in regular MM. It might be because everyone is new to the game, but I suppose the changes in the overall game might be lending to this. I hope it sticks, nothing more boring than a team never even touching your flag...

Overall though, I can't wait to get my hands on this game, the gunplay just looks SO freaking good.

Probably because the rate of fire is slower when scoped it. From what I've seen though, all the utility weapons have around the same kill times.

Don't talk about the Light Rifle. They will nerf it. ;)

wwm0nkey

Never in my life have I ever had to carry a team in SWAT as much as I just have in the game I played. 35/9 and my team was just awful.

Ramirez

Probably because the rate of fire is slower when scoped it. From what I've seen though, all the utility weapons have around the same kill times.

Don't talk about the Light Rifle. They will nerf it. ;)

Nerf away, it's stupid that one of the rifles is some how a magical 4SK in scope. Has the range of the DMR, no bloom, & a 4SK? lol

nillapuddin

Can anyone from PAX speak for what slot the Stealth mod sits in; Tactical or Support? Gotta know what it can pair up with. ;)

Tactical Package:
  • None
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • Resupply: Pick up grenades from fallen Spartans
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Wheelman: Lessened EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*
Support Upgrade:
  • None
  • Ammo: Hold more Ammo
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps
  • Sensor: Increased Motion Tracker Range
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Explosive: Increased grenade blast radius with decreased damage
  • Ordnance Priority: More frequent ordnance drops
  • Stability: Lessened knock out of scope*
  • Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Nemesis: Possibly reveals opponent who last killed you*
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassinations, dampened
    footsteps*

Im sure youve seen my list here a few times by now

inb4 DF comes in here with his "oo look at me, i use in game descriptions" list
;)

zap

Yeah, seems like if it's not communicated clearly to players it will cause many frustrations.

Ramirez

Here is what I don't even understand from you guys. Let's say you both are using the LR, one of you is using the stability perk (we don't even know if this removes knock out completely, or just lessens it), do you want to lose a fight because he has a 1 shot advantage over you due to a perk he picked? Let's say you both have stability, I'm assuming it can possibly still be knocked out of scope sometimes. He stays scope in, you get the random knockout, he wins again even if you start shooting at the same time.

My%2Bhead%2Bis%2Bfull%2Bof%2Bcaffeine%2B_208df60afab81b2f40f643ab6a165963.jpg

u4iX

Here is what I don't even understand from you guys. Let's say you both are using the LR, one of you is using the stability perk (we don't even know if this removes knock out completely, or just lessens it), do you want to lose a fight because he has a 1 shot advantage over you due to a perk he picked? Let's say you both have stability, I'm assuming it can possibly still be knocked out of scope sometimes. He stays scope in, you get the random knockout, he wins again even if you start shooting at the same time.

My%2Bhead%2Bis%2Bfull%2Bof%2Bcaffeine%2B_208df60afab81b2f40f643ab6a165963.jpg

Wait, is it a 5 shot kill, or a 5 bullet kill as in 5 bullets out of 2 bursts connecting?

It doesn't make sense that it would be a 4 bullet kill versus a 15 bullet kill.

Top Bottom