• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Arnie

I am betting on Sandtrap, Valhalla, or Avalanche.

Sandtrap was crap, though, so that would cause some muttering. Avalanche already is a remake, effectively. So my money's firmly placed on Valhalla, because it's (to my mind) the greatest BTB map in Halo history, and it certainly perfected the whole two base setup.

Oh, lord, Scotch Eggs are wank.

Blissful

Neo Member
5uqxM.png

My guess is Waterworks, hope there's a lot more maps for 4v4 - 6v6 etc.

I bet it's another Blood Gulch remake.

Ramirez

Im not so sure, I feel that one would be able to hold the top incredibly easy with DMR skills. None of that BABBY BR BULLSHIT.

I feel like with no scope knock out, people will be able to fight back much better now. As much as I'm not sure about no scope knock out, that one thing makes sense to change it.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
What is AlienShogun going on about? Some conspiracy of silence? Can someone is a single paragraph with no links to blogs ask the question I am supposed to be supressing to keep the proles at bay?

I wish it were obvious that I can't read every post or trail of threads. But I can't.

Is the recruit armor exclusive to the LE or is it the default armor? Basically is the LE just a skin for the default recruit armor (prime)?

Because as it seems now it's just a skin for the Recruit armor which isn't exclusive to the LE, when it was originally announced as an exclusive armor AND skin, same with the Console.

The only way for a remake to not cause much drama is if it's not actually a remake of a favored multiplayer map. lol I think random tag is on to something here saying Forge World.

im just hoping it isnt. having a map that big serves no purpose. it would have been better if they kept it split up into 4-5 sections (as originally planned)

Homeboyd

If Shishka was still around I would've said Terminal as that was the map he wanted in the Anni pack over Headlong I believe. Of course, if he left not too long ago, it still could be. :)

Ryaaan14

Banned
I would be happy with a Valhalla remake.

As far as Containment and Waterworks go though, gross no. Terminal would be great, but on the panel they dismissed built-in map hazards in a roundabout way.

Is the recruit armor exclusive to the LE or is it the default armor? Basically is the LE just a skin for the default recruit armor (prime)?

Because as it seems now it's just a skin for the Recruit armor which isn't exclusive to the LE, when it was originally announced as an exclusive armor AND skin, same with the Console.

Don't take this the wrong way but I don't understand why you or anyone else are so concerned about this.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
HOW far? NYCC has some stuff, but most importantly, it has THE BEST SCOTCH EGG RESTAURANT IN AMERICA - better in fact, than Scotland.

3uXm1.jpg

Yes people, this is a soft boiled egg (perfectly) wrapped in savory delicious sauisage meat, and deep fried in a Panko-light breadcrumb coating.

It moved.

Beckx

HOW far? NYCC has some stuff, but most importantly, it has THE BEST SCOTCH EGG RESTAURANT IN AMERICA - better in fact, than Scotland.

3uXm1.jpg

Yes people, this is a soft boiled egg (perfectly) wrapped in savory delicious sauisage meat, and deep fried in a Panko-light breadcrumb coating.

OMG. I must try this. I go to NY three or four times a year, what's the restaurant?

Your parents must buy you everything then.

I'm "concerned" so I know what I'm purchasing and what the better deal is. It's good to be an informed consumer.

My parents buy me everything because idgaf about some pointless armor skin? nice logic.

You officially mad.

If the skin will make or break your purchase of a $400 console you really need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

Kuroyume

Banned
If it's Waterworks... Oh god. It's depressing to think Flag Wars would no longer be possible thanks to the retarded CTF change, but I would be so happy anyway.

I think it will end up being a piece of crap like Valhalla since Halo games always have one of those two base open area maps in them and Hemmorhage was in the previous game so they won't remake Coag.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
OMG. I must try this. I go to NY three or four times a year, what's the restaurant?

Breslin.

Also the Lamb Strumpet is not good for you, but there is a good chance you will be hit by a bus so you should eat it. Trying to parse and answer Alien's question now. It's complicated. It won't make anyone "feel" any better but one of the reasons it's so complex is that these things are being made custom for those purposes and not simply "unlocked" from the existing content. It's a tiny distinction, but important to us.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
My parents buy me everything because idgaf about some pointless armor skin? nice logic.

You officially mad.

If the skin will make or break your purchase of a $400 console you really need to take a long look at yourself in the mirror.

Lol, you're easy.

Also, I'm not talking about the console. I'm talking about the better deal of LE or regular + season pass. Thanks for the chuckle though.

Ramirez

lol

Waterworks was god awful, please pass the crack you guys are smoking.

-Took 10 years to travel on foot from one base to the other
-Boxes that could block all entry ways
-People sniping from the top of the center structure
-2 Banshees, 2 Wraiths, & Warthogs
-It's Waterworks.

Ryaaan14

Banned

You officially mad.

I think he's more concerned about the principle involved, rather than just whether it's a skin or the armor.

The PAX build has raised several questions about the armor exclusives, not just the LE console one. It would certainly be refreshing to hear that the peasants who DON'T shell out all the extra cash will at least get the vanilla versions of those armor sets.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Breslin.

Also the Lamb Strumpet is not good for you, but there is a good chance you will be hit by a bus so you should eat it. Trying to parse and answer Alien's question now. It's complicated. It won't make anyone "feel" any better but one of the reasons it's so complex is that these things are being made custom for those purposes and not simply "unlocked" from the existing content. It's a tiny distinction, but important to us.

LOL, what?!?

That doesn't answer anything.

All I want to know is if the Recruit armor is exclusive to the LE like it was originally stated, along with the prime skin for it.

You just answered like a damned politician, lol. I appreciate you taking the time for "that" though, what ever "it" was.

it's actually 2wordbase. they just blew out the window on one end, copied and pasted the whole map over and matched it up with the hole. gauss turrets at either end, oddball spawn in the middle, banshees at top red lifts. oh, and the whole map is in a low grav zone.

Aggrotek

3uXm1.jpg

I need to try some Scottish cuisine. My family originates from Glasgow.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
lol

Waterworks was god awful, please pass the crack you guys are smoking.

-Took 10 years to travel on foot from one base to the other
-Boxes that could block all entry ways
-People sniping from the top of the center structure
-2 Banshees, 2 Wraiths, & Warthogs
-It's Waterworks.

Dude it was like... Calming. Walking that.... It was just you and the dull grey textures with the sound of those things hammering away overhead

I bet it's valhalla

*complete speculation*

The remake isn't one of the 10 maps, it's a forge environment. Forge World. All of the old forge objects are included, only now we have new objects and properties to add. Fyrewulff's NDA is a tool for converting Reach forge maps to Halo 4 ones.

*complete speculation*

Striker

Im not so sure, I feel that one would be able to hold the top incredibly easy with DMR skills. None of that BABBY BR BULLSHIT.
I think Waterworks works the best with all these new additions and with the scope of the DMR. I'm sure the mid-section will be reworked since it was basically two ways up via ramps, or by the bottom ladder (which is obviously not coming back). Although a skilled user was able to jump on the mountain area between the sides and crouch jump up that way, too.

Still, it would work way better with these new items and weapons than any other BTB map we've witnessed in Halo 1-3. Valhalla in its current state terrain, and size, wise would be awful.

Arnie

You just answered like a damned politician, lol.

The radio silence on certain issues have done more to offer that impression than anything he, or they, have said.

Saying that, I'm being unfair, at least 343 are on here engaging with their fans, even if it is in an often conveniently selective fashion.

*complete speculation*

The remake isn't one of the 10 maps, it's a forge environment. Forge World. All of the old forge objects are included, only now we have new objects and properties to add. Fyrewulff's NDA is a tool for converting Reach forge maps to Halo 4 ones.

*complete speculation*

I don't want to see Forge World ever again.

Vire

Frank and David are you going to NYCC?

I'm considering going.

Also, let's take a look at past BTB maps.

1. Burial Mounds
2. Containment
3. Waterworks
4. Relic
5. Terminal
6. Valhalla
7. Sandtrap
8. Avalanche
9. Last Resort/Zanzibar
10. Standoff
11. Rats Nest
12. Sidewinder
13. Blood Gulch/Coagulation

That about narrows it down right? Has to be one of those?

Aggrotek

Danger Canyon beli343.

I'm considering going.

1. Burial Mounds
2. Containment
3. Waterworks
4. Relic
5. Terminal
6. Valhalla
7. Sandtrap
8. Avalanche
9. Last Resort/Zanzibar
10. Standoff
11. Rats Nest
12. Sidewinder

Would also accept bolded.

Beckx

Breslin.

Also the Lamb Strumpet is not good for you, but there is a good chance you will be hit by a bus so you should eat it.

That's an easy to reach spot. According to their menu they offer Boiled peanuts fried in pork fat. I must go there.

DopeyFish

I'm considering going.

1. Burial Mounds
2. Containment
3. Waterworks
4. Relic
5. Terminal
6. Valhalla
7. Sandtrap
8. Avalanche
9. Last Resort/Zanzibar
10. Standoff
11. Rats Nest
12. Sidewinder

Headlong?

GhaleonEB

3uXm1.jpg

oh my god

DopeyFish

Terminal would be awesome... But that damn area behind the base was so poorly designed to begin with lol

The map would need some major reworking

Top Bottom