• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Azar

Seeing Containment or Terminal remade would be really awesome. My fondest Halo 2 objective game memories are from those maps. Containment was the closest Bungie ever came to making maps in the sprawling way-too-big-but-somehow-fun style of custom Halo CE maps on PC.

Yeah, it was too big. It was too open. But they could tweak it and make it a blast for Halo 4, I'm sure.

Fuchsdh

Seeing Containment or Terminal remade would be really awesome. My fondest Halo 2 objective game memories are from those maps. Containment was the closest Bungie ever came to making maps in the sprawling way-too-big-but-somehow-fun style of custom Halo CE maps on PC.

Yeah, it was too big. It was too open. But they could tweak it and make it a blast for Halo 4, I'm sure.

Oh yeah, man. Danger Island, Geryophobia, Infinity... massive CE maps.

Too bad it's impossible to play online now unless you're willing to throw down a lot of money. CE discs for Mac cost $90+ on eBay.

Some pics/vids from PAX. Uploading more soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p973bl5p08cethg/gO87xCRmIK

Who is the guy wearing plaid talking to Wu? Looks like Edward Cullen straight up.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p973bl5p08cethg/gO87xCRmIK#f:IMG_0080.JPG

Arnie

Lets just hope it's a good remake if it is.

It's the man cannons that pose the biggest initial worry, for me. I think it was Dax that mentioned the need for them to propel the player upwards much more than they have in recent videos, and in Reach. The fun of Valhalla was the risk versus reward nature of taking the cannon or hoofing it around the rocks. If the cannon fires at a lower, less risky trajectory then that balance is immediately altered.

Ninja/Formal v. Sudd 1/2 is hilarious. Sudd host is epic red bar. People are teleporting. Sudds are still losing despite being half-invincible and everywhere at once.

Also, Sudd 1 makes the claim on stream that by watching someone's stream, you can get their IP and hit them offline. This is so damn hilarious.

why do people like Ninja? the guy raged and talked shit that he lost... He's just as bad as the Sudds in the "sportsmanship" category

Did you even watch the game? Did you hear the Sudds' "excuse" and "explanation" afterwards? Seriously?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Anyone know where I can get XBL membership codes super quick with paypal? Would ebay be the best way? I wanna pay and then get the code right away. I had fraudulent activity on my debit card and my new one hasn't arrived yet so I can't do Amazon.

Anyone know where I can get XBL membership codes super quick with paypal? Would ebay be the best way? I wanna pay and then get the code right away. I had fraudulent activity on my debit card and my new one hasn't arrived yet so I can't do Amazon.

could you go to gamestop.com?

zap

Ninja/Formal v. Sudd 1/2 is hilarious. Sudd host is epic red bar. People are teleporting. Sudds are still losing despite being half-invincible and everywhere at once.

Also, Sudd 1 makes the claim on stream that by watching someone's stream, you can get their IP and hit them offline. This is so damn hilarious.

Did you even watch the game? Did you hear the Sudds' "excuse" and "explanation" afterwards? Seriously?

Exactly. I mean it's not like Ninja is making this up, we can see the teleporting, eating so many shots. It's ridiculous. I'd be mad too.

Exile kinda fills the Coag/Valhalla role environment wise. Longbow does the snow.

Terminal? Its not small...

They wouldn't make two similar environment big maps would they?

I guess Sandtrap is a possibility but eww.

Arnie

I use this site to buy anything Live related, and I pay through Paypal.

The fuck are you talking about sportsmanship?

I guess i'm a junior (or W/e derogatory term you want to use) for not liking some Pro that just likes to talk shit. I dont like ninja, so
mlfw3476-73922_-_animated_celestia_deal_with_it.gif

Computron

Imagine, Halo 5 on the Xbox 720 with Cry3 style voxel terrain sculpting Forge mode.

Day one Valhalla remake from me. Gotta get that extra smooth warthog driving terrain just right.

senador

Banned
Exile kinda fills the Coag/Valhalla role environment wise. Longbow does the snow.

Terminal? Its not small...

They wouldn't make two similar environment big maps would they?

I guess Sandtrap is a possibility but eww.

Whatever it is I'd like to see a completely new aesthetic for it over what it previously was.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I've never seen Ninja do this badly.

He's getting lagged out. Sudds don't compare to him whatsoever.

I watch live streams, including MLG, pretty often.

Learned something new about ya. I thought you weren't a big competitive guy, so I didn't expect you to be interested in those.

Amazon works too.

Edit: wait, read that too quick. Not sure Amazon takes paypal.

Arnie

Oh nice. Will these codes work with a US account and Xbox?

Really not sure, so I'd advise a little googling before you go and make any purchases, wouldn't want you to waste your money. I use to in the UK and it's great, the pricing is as good as anything I'm likely to find and they usually email me the code within a few minutes. But yea, read around the site's terms or have a google about Xbox Live codes before you make a purchase.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Really not sure, so I'd advise a little googling before you go and make any purchases, wouldn't want you to waste your money. I use to in the UK and it's great, the pricing is as good as anything I'm likely to find and they usually email me the code within a few minutes. But yea, read around the site's terms or have a google about Xbox Live codes before you make a purchase.

It says Region:Worldwide. And...I just bought it lol. We'll see what happens

Top Bottom