• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Mission Accomplished.

GAHSo.jpeg

LdR4G.jpeg

5PnmS.jpeg

Frank was right. He was right about everything.

We're all going next year.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mission Accomplished.

Frank was right. He was right about everything.

We're all going next year.

Barring any work engagements (hopefully I'm employed by then) I'll be there.

Have you been to Pike's place market yet? It's pretty cool. And you should definitely have seafood while you're there, or next time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Halo nation
Halo Nation
HALO NATION?
Use Halopedia.

Also what description by BS Angel?

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/08/29/The-Halo-Bulletin-82912.aspx

During one such recent session, our online battles brought us to an outdoor map that features a centrally located, multi-level building. It’s a place that strategic, communicative teams want to lock down and control. (That’s what some people around here say, anyway. The rest make their opinion known through the nicknames of each floor–Jerk 1, Jerk 2, and Jerk 3.) After Red Team successfully secured the advantageous center structure, Blue Team found themselves spending more time on the respawn screen than actually playing.

Despite the fact that it's totally Valhalla, a popular BTB map that hasn't been remade yet, my second guess is Cragmire. They'll be a secret dead Elite Easter Egg you can find, with a single tear rolled down his eye.

If you think about it, that really doesn't narrow it down that much. That still leaves:

Death Island
Gephyrophobia!
Infinity, sort of.
Terminal...?
Reworked Waterworks? (Waterreworks) IT'S INSIDE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Sandtrap if you want to get technical, but that doesn't make any sense at all based on Halo 3's gameplay
Containment if you count the side-structure.
Burial Mounds I guess...?
Headlong
Spire :lol
Relic!

The two italicized are my big bets. Death Island or Gephyrophobia revisited would raise the holy shit quotient exponentially though.

Homeboyd

If you think about it, that really doesn't narrow it down that much. That still leaves:

Death Island
Gephyrophobia!
Infinity, sort of.
Terminal...?
Reworked Waterworks? (Waterreworks) IT'S INSIDE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
Sandtrap if you want to get technical, but that doesn't make any sense at all based on Halo 3's gameplay
Headlong
Relic!

The two italicized are my big bets. Death Island or Gephyrophobia revisited would raise the holy shit quotient exponentially though.
Wait, why are people assuming that description in the bulletin is of a remake map?

Fuchsdh

Death Island
Gephyrophobia!
Infinity, sort of.
Terminal...?
Headlong
Relic!

I would love Halo PC maps, but Frank's comment about uncontroversial suggests to me it's not happening. The PC BTB maps were huge though.

Havok

Only other options I can think of are increase the size by 10-20%, or add more cover.
It'd need both, I think, to accommodate both Sprint and the DMR (and probably more than 10-20%). If they want it in BTB the extra space would be vital to expand that map's vehicle capabilities. The Wraith was always very cramped, especially on the lake side. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to.

Death Island
Gephyrophobia!
Infinity, sort of.
Terminal...?
Headlong
Relic!

Who said that the described map was the remake?
Adrift, Haven, Longbow, Exile. Remake, That's 5/10 maps, so theres a 5/6 chance that the map mentioned in the bulletin is not the remake.

Or just don't remake Valhalla. That sounds like a better choice.

But I like Valhalla!

Stinkles, on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being the smallest map and 10 being the biggest out of Halo 4's shipping maps) can you say what size the remake is?

nillapuddin

I know why. Im just saying its not worth remaking a bad map because its good at one gametype.

true story, but for DLC, designed for a purpose it was exceptional.

With 343 saying that the maps are purpose-built for MP and gametypes, that the OBJ maps will flourish like in Halo 2 days.

I wouldnt mind if one of the Map Packs was exclusively OBJ based or something

(pleads for interactive maps again, buttons, gates, trains, plzz)

Fuchsdh

true story, but for DLC, designed for a purpose it was exceptional.

With 343 saying that the maps are purpose-built for MP and gametypes, that the OBJ maps will flourish like in Halo 2 days.

I wouldnt mind if one of the Map Packs was exclusively OBJ based or something

(pleads for interactive maps again, buttons, gates, trains, plzz)

Yeah, I'd love for an assault and assym obj map where you physically unlocked paths. It was a shame that Invasion didn't feature that kind of side-objectives, it would have been the perfect mode imo.

The gate on high ground was a clever addition.
This reminds me:

I wonder if we will get any maps that require interaction with the map to open new paths(like Zanzibar, High Grounds, Containment, etc).

Those were always fun to me, and sneaking into/fighting your way into bases to do do stuff like that made for some great times.

Jetpacks say hello.

;_;
That particular gate setup wouldn't work obviously. But think of how Zanzibar was set up. Have to get up top, drop down, press button. Zanzibarin particular would be simple because of how close that button is to the ceiling, but the idea is still there.

Actually, imagine Containment. The giant door would probably be too high to jetpack over, you'd still have to take a different path up and jetpack could assist you on the way there, but it still wouldn't be super simple.

Top Bottom