• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Karl2177

Holy shit. You guys are on fire tonight. Wahrer is quite close to topping myself as my favorite poster on GAF. That says a lot.

EDIT: Any PAX-GAF guys, are any Borderlands 2 or Halo 4 posters up for grabs?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You gonna post your impressions on the game soonish?
Here, I'll do it for him:

slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp. slurp slurp slurp slurp. slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp.

Looking forward to your actual impressions, Cyclone.

pJlXT.png

TheOddOne

Here, I'll do it for him:

slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp. slurp slurp slurp slurp. slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp slurp.
Why you gotta be like that kittens, salty doesn't fit you.
#Saltykittens #Slurpingkittens #Teamboner

TheOddOne

Should have put Sai on top, you know he is our supreme DJ.

Wish I was sitting next to Elzar or Viewtiful.
No offense to Stinkles

At this time I would like to mark this as the first post on HaloGAF using the XBL IE Beta.

-certified stamp-

Not bad Microsoft.. Not bad.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
8 Weeks
6 Multiplayer Maps
Challenges/Commendations 2.0
Theatre 3.0
Press Campaign Level Demo
Comic-Con Reveals
Surprises
Halo 4 going gold shortly
More Leaks
New Halo Novel

Really looking forward to the next two months.

Just wanted to bring this to folks's attention here.

Dear 343 Industries and Microsoft Japan,

Some of us are not able to write English themselves so please consider this writing as a letter from several Halo fans in Japan.

In Japan, many of fans for Halo are bewildered by hearing the news about the replacement of the voice actors for Master Chief and Cortana, and some of them are even shocked by the news.

Maybe we could have accepted the change if it was a fair decision, but the audio director works for 343 Industries, Mr. Sotaro Tojima, the one who's responsible for this decision, has explained to us that "the decision was made being strongly affected by his own personal feeling," and also seeing the actual voice acting in the Xbox 360 event held in Japan a few days ago, we're feeing that his acting doesn't suit Master Chief's characteristic at all, it's not even closer to the original English voice acting than the former voice actor, and from these facts, we're really disappointed about the decision.

Please think of that how the Halo fans in the U.S. would feel if Steve Downes were replaced by some other voice actor that sounds younger than his and really doesn't match Master Chief's characteristic. We possess strong feelings for the voices acted by the former voice actors, Atsuki Tani and Akiko Koike, and as for Master Chief especially, because of his not-shown face covered with the helmet he always wears, the voice is strongly linked to the Master Chief himself, voice acting is that much important to us for our impressions about the character.

An action we expect from you about this problem varies among us so no specific request is included in this writing.

In any case, we first wanted to let you know about these shocked feelings many of Japanese fans have, and we would really appreciate if there will be any response or even some action if possible from either of you about this big decision to us.

Sincerely,

On behalf of Halo fans from Japan.

Link here to the Waypoint topic which includes links showing off the new voice actors and the older ones and various fan reactions.

Like the Japanese fans say, imagine the amount of fuss kicked up if they had replaced Steve Downes and Jen Taylor - I remember the reaction to Legends doing this and it's wasn't favourable.

Sucks for Japanese Halo fans.
All 12 of them with their horrible pings.

senador

Banned
I don't remember seeing the Railgun, was it in the PAX build?

VVV You haz color one? That's pretty, I really want to visit Seattle.

I don't remember seeing the Railgun, was it in the PAX build?

VVV You haz color one? That's pretty, I really want to visit Seattle.
I used it and it has an awesome feeling. You have to aim precisely to get a kill with it. But if you manage, it will be a hell satisfying feeling for you. I love it.

Am I late in noticing that your radar indicates when an enemy is using promethean vision?

EDIT: At least that is what I think is happening...

The red wave expands like a sonar wave.

L3JTu.png

If that is whats happening there then I am pretty happy, it will be a good heads up.

Wow, the armor really looks unique and varied.. I like.

Awesome! Man, the Boltshot looks hard to overcharge with.

All of those are looking good.. Honestly I do not see Jetpack being a huge issue in Halo 4.

New Halo 4 PAX Prime Gameplay on Exile CTF (35-14-14 + Killing Frenzy with a BR and Light Rifle.)

Once again, thansk for sharing. I really think I may end up going for the Lightrifle when I play.

5uqxM.png

My guess is Waterworks, hope there's a lot more maps for 4v4 - 6v6 etc.

My first guess would be Valhalla, second being Waterworks.. That said, there are quite a few awesome maps to choose from.

Too fucking easy if you ask me.

YmXja.png

Amazing. :lol

Hey guys! Long time lurker finally got my account working. Super stoked to be able to chat about Halo with you all.
Usually I would greet you with..."WTF is HALO?" or "We don't talk about Halo round these parts." -heckfutwang

but this is one of the few times where I can greet you and welcome you to the Halo discussion. So, welcome.

Shadders

LOL, what?!?

That doesn't answer anything.

All I want to know is if the Recruit armor is exclusive to the LE like it was originally stated, along with the prime skin for it.

You just answered like a damned politician, lol. I appreciate you taking the time for "that" though, what ever "it" was.

Dude, the official press release for the LE says this:

*NEW* Exclusive digital content through Xbox LIVE:

o Spartan-IV “Recruit” In-Game Armour

o Spartan-IV “Prime” In-Game Armour Skin

o Assault Rifle “Prime” In-Game Weapon Skin

o “Prime” In-Game Emblem

o Xbox LIVE Avatar “Recruit” Armour

o Cryo-Tube Xbox LIVE Avatar Prop

I've directly cut and pasted from the press release, no third party interference whatsoever. Ignore everything you read on any shops or anything, that was the official line from Microsoft two weeks ago.

Hey guys! Long time lurker finally got my account working. Super stoked to be able to chat about Halo with you all.

Welcome! Tell us about yourself, where are you from? AR or BR?

Purplemage

Neo Member
Welcome to HaloGAF. Tell us about yourself and what are you looking forward to the most in Halo 4?

Wow, thank you for the kind welcome.

Well I'm kind of an odd guy when it comes to my Halo play style I'm the guy you'll despise with the sword on countdown. Beyond Halo I still play a good bit of Pokemon, the older Final Fantasy games and really any rpg that draws me in.

And as far as Halo 4 goes? I'm very excited for everyone having sprint and the thruster pack looks like it's a fair replacement for evade. But I'm really gonna miss my double roll of death.

Top Bottom