• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

You've revealed enough.

Palindromic, too. :)

Does it pick up edits?

The one I used to use didn't, probably the main reason I stopped using it. I've been meaning to write a general GAF tools userscript, but I haven't got around to it.
It was going to include:
* An update button, next to the Post reply button, which will check posts for edits, and check for new posts, and update the page accordingly.
* Forced modal post reply page, so you can see the thread you are replying to, and you can close it without hitting the back button.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The one I used to use didn't, probably the main reason I stopped using it. I've been meaning to write a general GAF tools userscript, but I haven't got around to it.
It was going to include:
* An update button, next to the Post reply button, which will check posts for edits, and check for new posts, and update the page accordingly.
* Forced modal post reply page, so you can see the thread you are replying to, and you can close it without hitting the back button.
Please get around to it.

Implying that Halo 2 BTB maps are not premium quality.

You never saw my previous avatar did you?

Not at all, perhaps there will be space for premuim quality on the avatar itself. My gut is telling me it is going to be waterworks or containment. I can see both working well within Halo 4's sandbox.

I would ideally like to see the return of relic/terminal...one day.

I'd guess the remake was a BTB map in the previous games but it's going to be a midsize map in Halo 4. After playing Exile I'd say huge is not an indication for a BTB map. Exile IS huge. It'd have been a BTB map in Halo 2,3 or Reach but it works perfect as 5vs5 map in 4.

You never saw my previous avatar did you?

Not at all, perhaps there will be space for premuim quality on the avatar itself. My gut is telling me it is going to be waterworks or containment. I can see both working well within Halo 4's sandbox.

I would ideally like to see the return of relic/terminal...one day.

I did, but I can't remember what it was. I think you changed it around the time I got my account activated.
--
I went through and listed all the potential maps here. I personally doubt its going to be a Halo 2 map, I think they'll chose a Halo 3 one, but I could be wrong. I think we can almost be sure that it will be from Halo 2 or 3, which leaves us with:
Waterworks, Containment, Terminal, Sandtrap, Valhalla, Standoff and Longshore.

edit, was it this?
elzarthebam.jpg

Ryaaan14

Banned
We've seen 4 maps, and 2 of those 4 already look better than anything Reach had to offer and Halo 3's initial offering. Any remake can sit comfortably aside the remaining 5 maps that I am putting faith in to be even better.

I used to be a "remakes are awesome" guy, but Anniversary has changed my mind quite a bit. Let's just keep it original.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
We've seen 4 maps, and 2 of those 4 already look better than anything Reach had to offer and Halo 3's initial offering. Any remake can sit comfortably aside the remaining 5 maps that I am putting faith in to be even better.

I used to be a "remakes are awesome" guy, but Anniversary has changed my mind quite a bit. Let's just keep it original.
The problem is not that the remakes are bad it is the game they're being played on is bad.

Shadders

It can't be Zanzibar, that map would be terribad with jet packs. It will probably be Valhalla, but if I had to pick one map I'd like to try with AAs it would be Death Island.

Believe.

Conor 419

Banned
Also, if the remake isn't small then I'm guessing Avalanche? That always seemed to be the least controversial of the BTB maps. I'd love it to be Sand Trap, I'd shoot myself if it was Boneyard.

(Forge World?)

MrBig

Lets try this the long way, process of elimination.
Here's a list of all maps, remake omitted, asterisks represent maps that have already been remade, highlighted are the maps I think would make good candidates. "Small/Medium" (by my judgment) maps are strikedthrough.

I'd be surprised if they went against what Bungie was doing, which is to not have any map on the 360 twice, which is logical since you can still go play them if you actually wanted to, and H2V not existing.

So with it being "not small" and not having hazards I would think the options are Waterworks, Relic, Turf, Ice Fields, Infinity, Gephyrophobia, or Death Island.

Of which a remake waterworks is by far the most attractive. Or a spiritual successor to Infinity.

Homeboyd

It has to be Waterworks.
Didn't frank say there was a map that reminded him of waterworks mixed with another map (BG?) already? I wouldn't think it would be waterworks for the remake.

Edit: Here

One map in particular gave me a really excellent vibe – a mix of my favorite aspects of Blood Gulch and Waterworks. Don’t just mash those ideas up in your head to imagine the map, because that won’t really get you there. But you’ll know what I mean when you play it.
It would just... uh.. surprise me if he was talking about a Waterworks remake, or if there was another map that reminded him of a waterworks mash-up.

Do we know anything about it?

Called a mammoth, that's about all i think.

I'd be surprised if they went against what Bungie was doing, which is to not have any map on the 360 twice, which is logical since you can still go play them if you actually wanted to, and H2V not existing.

So with it being "not small" and not having hazards I would think the options are Waterworks, Relic, Turf, Ice Fields, Infinity, Gephyrophobia, or Death Island.

Of which a remake waterworks is by far the most attractive. Or a spiritual successor to Infinity.

Dare I say it, but when do you think Halo 3 MM will be taken offline? #DoNotWant

Talents

Banned
Could of at least said what game the remake came from...

Thought they said a while back that there were no remakes on release, but almost certainly on future DLC?

Conor 419

Banned
Called a mammoth, that's about all i think.

I've always loved the idea of these particularly large vehicles playing a larger part in Halo. Imagine if they could repair vehicles, call orbital strikes and provide better intel to the players on the field. To work efficiently they'd have to be maintained by a crew of 5, it'd be great. It's nothing current gen Halo could manage, but maybe something to look forward to in Halo 5's 64 player Mega Team Battle playlist :p

MrBig

Dare I say it, but when do you think Halo 3 MM will be taken offline? #DoNotWant

No. People are still paying for the same service and there is no alternative/justification. I very much doubt we'll see the 360's live infrastructure taken down after it's successors release either.

Which two?

Top Bottom