• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

darthbob

It's called PAXPox. It is real and it's annual. Use hand sanitizer and don't yiff anything you haven't swabbed.

I take it you carried around some hand sanny on the convention floor too?

Can't have our Franklez getting the Pox.

I'm foggy on how it happened. Was it XBL games in general or JUST reach?

As I recall, and to be fair, my memory isn't what it used to be, it was just Reach. After the Defiant pack launched, users who had the Legendary Edition and Bungie Pro were unable to even see the maps in game, and needed to delete the Bungie Pro dummy file from their HDD.

That's how I remember it, so feel free to correct me if I'm totally wrong.

RdN

So, Microsoft finally announced the pricing for the LE edition of Halo 4 here in Brasil.

Its around 150 us dolars.. Kind of hard tô swallow that. :-(

GhaleonEB

It's called PAXPox. It is real and it's annual. Use hand sanitizer and don't yiff anything you haven't swabbed.

I forgot to bring hand sanitizer this year, but hit the hand washing pretty hard. It seems futile given population density and proximity, though.

PAXPox, adding that to my vocabulary.

u4iX

Best thing I started doing during and post MLG events was bringing a multivitamin and vitamin D supplements with me and taking them each morning.

Haven't had post-event sickness after attending about 7 events. The vitamin D helps tremendously if you're indoors all day and not getting that precious sunlight; noticeable mood improvement during events.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Best thing I started doing during and post MLG events was bringing a multivitamin and vitamin D supplements with me and taking them each morning.

Haven't had post-event sickness after attending about 7 events. The vitamin D helps tremendously if you're indoors all day and not getting that precious sunlight; noticeable mood improvement during events.

We live in Seattle. We take vitamin D year-round.

So I've been watching the Trial of the Xel'Naga StarCraft tournament that was held during PAX. I managed to spot some audence members sporting some of the Bungie attire. Anyone from here, no?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I forgot to bring hand sanitizer this year, but hit the hand washing pretty hard. It seems futile given population density and proximity, though.

PAXPox, adding that to my vocabulary.

That reminds me. I need to make sure I bring some hand sanitizer to NYCC.

Ah, one thing I forgot to tell you all after chatting with Jessica Sunday. She noted that due to the panel technical difficulties they didn't get to talk about everything they wanted, so there will be a bunch in the bulletin about that stuff.

Also she confirmed with Frank that a Q&A will be happening in the next bulletin.

Hopefully this means some actual HQ footage! I hope it comes out early today, I have classes tomorrow D:

We live in Seattle. We don't have delicious UV Rays 6 months out of the year. :)

We get about just as much here in Eugene, OR. :p But don't them UV Rays reach through even on partly cloudy days. Sure not on an overcast, but how often is that up in Seattle for the day of the future that I move up there?

u4iX

I wonder if there will be any big differences weapon drop wise on Exile in the final build. I'm just thinking back to the Halo 3 beta, where there was a handful more power weapons on certain maps just for testing purposes.

I'd imagine the final build of Exile will be more "relaxed" than some of the craziness we saw at PAX. It didn't look like it played terrible, but with 4 warthogs, 2 ghosts, a tank, and a banshee on a map where an on-foot flag cap was viable, it got a bit crazy at times. Add in the fact that maybe extra power weapons were spawned...

It'll be cool to play the final version.

That's the flip side to all this. I think things like the bonanza when you touch the flag and scoop it up is a bit much. But if it also helps make the game more accessible, and so objectives like CTF grow more popular, and thus voted for more frequently? I'm okay with that.

So while I critique the implementation, I'm glad the effort has been put toward making CTF and objectives more accessible, since that's what I want to play. And if it's successful, I think these things will fade and we'll just be happy to be playing CTF with greater frequency.
Preach. While we're talking about exciting tweaks to objective gametypes, I'd like to be able to throw the flag just like the Oddball - with the expectation that it can't be thrown anywhere near as far.

Had nothing to do with Microsoft. In fact, that issue was one of the many under the hood fixes in the Reach TU.

I had a clever response along the lines of "OH YEAH!? TELL THAT TO HARMONIX!", but then you came and ruined the fun before I could. Stupid work internet fails...

Speaking of Thruster, does anyone else think its kinda pointless for you to go into third person when using it? It's like a split-second transition, and it seems like it would throw some people off, me included.
It did not and I can tell you, I was in some hot heated combat scenarios.

GhaleonEB

Speaking of Thruster, does anyone else think its kinda pointless for you to go into third person when using it? It's like a split-second transition, and it seems like it would throw some people off, me included.

I found it disorienting, but I figured that was part of the goal. I'd still prefer an Evade-style forward movement with weapons lowered.

Ramirez

Kind of the point, I believe.

willow ve

Yeah - it looks a bit spastic when watching the off screen footage from PAX. It's too short to really make a difference.

Also, will I be able to spam the thruster so I can see around a corner in third person without actually going around the corner? (assuming I'm in a playlist that has no radar).

I haven't decided between Amazon.co.uk or ShopTo. I think I'll stick to Amazon.co.uk because I definitely know I'll get Halo 4 on Day 1.

That wasn't my experience with Amazon.co.uk so far, and I got both ODST and Reach from them. It always took an extra day or two if I'm not mistaken.
A price I'm willing to pay to get the English version though...

It might be, but I think that how it was before was more disorienting.

Bobs, I've seen you post this (or words to this effect) a few times, but not really sure what you mean mate. I thought the Ltd edition contents had been unveiled ages ago?.

We know what's in it vaguely but what exactly is the unsc briefing packet? Is it like the halsey journal or just like the comic book that came with Halo Wars?

What is 'bonus in fiction content'? Those are the things I want to know, seeing pics of the Halsey journey and knowing nylund wrote it sold that to me, no idea what I would be paying extra for except a cheap advantage online.

How much is the war games pass separately? Does it include the same stuff as the one in the LE edition? It's that kind of stuff 343 needs to start telling people now so they can decide what version to buy.

Risen

Briefly entertained flying to NY for NYCC since I have some free flights through my company. Looked at hotel prices... holy crap. Mid three hundreds plus tax per night for Holiday Inn Express on the shuttle route?

Sillyness...

CyReN

Briefly entertained flying to NY for NYCC since I have some free flights through my company. Looked at hotel prices... holy crap. Mid three hundreds plus tax per night for Holiday Inn Express on the shuttle route?

Sillyness...

Hook me up, I got places we can stay and hopefully not die.

Sillyness...
WTF. Since I got $800 from the airline, I am thinking to go but these prices...

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I understand the concern over the LE and what is in it VS. other options but for me its all about being a personal choice.

I have either a limited Edition or Legendary Edition for every Halo game where one was available. I like the extra content and since I really only spend my gaming money on Halo these days I enjoy having something physical or "special" that I can hold on to.

Honestly I blindly purchase many of these things with the intent of opening them up to find out what is inside :) (Curse you Halo 2 Tin case! You will not be forgotten! Wish there were more cases like this these days)

Hook me up, I got places we can stay and hopefully not die.

Its the city that never sleeps, why should any of you get the pleasure of rest??? Nothing says NYC like a Hobo urinating on a cop car or taxi at 3 am :) You have to be awake to experience these things!

What's on the second Halo 4 disk?
original.gif
Dlc

Top Bottom