• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I understand the concern over the LE and what is in it VS. other options but for me its all about being a personal choice.

I have either a limited Edition or Legendary Edition for every Halo game where one was available. I like the extra content and since I really only spend my gaming money on Halo these days I enjoy having something physical or "special" that I can hold on to.

Honestly I blindly purchase many of these things with the intent of opening them up to find out what is inside :) (Curse you Halo 2 Tin case! You will not be forgotten! Wish there were more cases like this these days)

Yeah I imagine a lot of people do this, but for me I don't want to pay so much for a game I may end up not liking, the physical content has to justify the price and without knowing what it is im hesitant to put down an order. Truth be told the only reason im considering the LE is because of the map pack pass, but it may work out cheaper to get the standard edition and the pass separate anyway

Spinning Unicorns.

Spinning-Silhouette-Optical-Illusion.gif

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Any hints at what is in tonight's Bulletin?

Summary about how awesome PAX was.
Summary about Exile and CTF reveal.
Reminder about how hard they are working finishing Halo 4.
Paragraph describing the atmosphere at 343 or attitudes or some other thing like cooking.
Promises of more to come.
Caption picture.

Caption picture.

You forgot some challenge updates for that game nobody cares about anymore, but I'll be shocked if that isn't exactly what we'll get.

Vire

Paragraph describing the atmosphere at 343 or attitudes or some other thing like cooking.
Caption picture.

:lol

Well I guess I don't need to read tonight. :/

Caption picture.

don't forget about this:

Ah, one thing I forgot to tell you all after chatting with Jessica Sunday. She noted that due to the panel technical difficulties they didn't get to talk about everything they wanted, so there will be a bunch in the bulletin about that stuff.

Also she confirmed with Frank that a Q&A will be happening in the next bulletin.

If the 2nd disc isn't some extra disc for the LE, I'd guess it has Multiplayer and Spartan Ops on it with single player being on the first disc.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
don't forget about this:

Summary about Exile and CTF reveal + clarifications and extra, small details and omissions
Paragraph or QA that clarifies things but reveals no significantly new information
Caption picture.

There. :)

Summary about Exile and CTF reveal + clarification and extra, small details and omissions
Paragraph or QA that clarifies things but reveals no significantly new information
Caption picture.

There. :)

haha im still optimistic we'll get something useful.

S1kkZ

could the second disc be the "forward unto dawn" directors cut? or was that confirmed to be a download/stream on waypoint?

wwm0nkey

Yeah I think its safe to say Disc 2 is an install disc, we already know we need at least 8 gigs to play MP and 360 discs can hold around 7.9 gigs though i doubt they are using all 7.9 for the MP.

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
If the 2nd disc isn't some extra disc for the LE, I'd guess it has Multiplayer and Spartan Ops on it with single player being on the first disc.

I thought the second disk was the FUD web series on DVD maybe some behind the scenes game dev stuff. Pretty sure in one of the other OTs Frankie explained why FUD was on DVD and not bluray because the Xbox only has a DVD drive. I could be completely wrong on this though......

I thought the second disk was the FUD web series on DVD maybe some behind the scenes game dev stuff. Pretty sure in one of the other OTs Frankie explained why FUD was on DVD and not bluray because the Xbox only has a DVD drive. I could be completely wrong on this though......
No. The second disc is just Disc 2 of the game.

Yeah I think its safe to say Disc 2 is an install disc, we already know we need at least 8 gigs to play MP and 360 discs can hold around 7.9 gigs though i doubt they are using all 7.9 for the MP.
Aren't the 8GB hardware space for Spartan Ops Season 1?

wwm0nkey

No. The second disc is just Disc 2 of the game.

Aren't the 8GB hardware space for Spartan Ops Season 1?

Im pretty sure it said 8 gigs required to play Multi-player so I am assuming that 8 gig install also includes the first season of Spartan Ops. Like I said, no way is MP going to be 8 gigs by itself.

Got an email while I was out of the office from this fine gentleman (poor guy):

MgTb7.jpg

Back on topic, I'm hoping the 8GB issue doesn't mean that 343 is doing something like Harmonix did with Rock Band Blitz (buy the game and then "oh by the way, you still need to download the songs and shit before you can really play").

Im pretty sure it said 8 gigs required to play Multi-player so I am assuming that 8 gig install also includes the first season of Spartan Ops. Like I said, no way is MP going to be 8 gigs by itself.
Yeah, of course. The first season of Spartan Ops is on Disc but will be unlocked over weeks. No way that's going to happen...

wwm0nkey

Yeah, of course. The first season of Spartan Ops is on Disc but will be unlocked over weeks. No way that's going to happen...

Well season 1 wont even be finished after the game goes gold so we will still download it but I don't think all of MP or the first season of Spartan Ops is going to be 8 gigs each. I can see around 4 gigs for the MP maps and then another 4 or so gigs for the first season of Spartan Ops.

Really I just wish they would tell us though.

Conor 419

Banned
Well, I'm going to Bestival; everybody's going to be there, it'll be great.

But yeah, probably won't be posting so see yall on Monday, stick to the plan chums.

DeadNames

Banned
Sorry if this is old, but apparently you get a Forward into Dawn avatar prop for preordering the Halo 4 headset.

I have pics for those interested.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Steve Downes just posted this on Facebook:

A friend of mine's wife has been dealing with some major health issues for the last 10 years. I've donated this framed HALO 4 poster signed by Jen Taylor (Thanks Jen!) & myself. Go to this website to find out more, & place your bid on this very collectible piece of HALO memorabilia. 100% of the proceeds go to help defray my friend's medical expenses. The Chief will record a voice mail greeting to a winning bid of over $500!

And here's a link to the auction.

Found it on the HBO forum. If you have spare bags of cash go throw some towards a good cause.

Top Bottom