• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Well I just preordered the H4 Limited Edition from Best Buy because I had a gift card. Is there going to be any way to get the preorder bonuses for other retailers? If not, does anyone who preordered at Gamestop want to trade codes when the game gets released?

MaDGaMEZ

Neo Member
I had the TB XP500 sound quality was awful and that interference...don't get me started I returned them to the store in less then 24h

Must have been a bad set, I have XP400s no sound quality issues, it is truly wireless with the bluetooth puck that connects to the controller for the mic. I have only one issue with them sometimes the base station resets for about 10 seconds, that has happened 3 times total in the 6 months I have had them. Really a comfortable set, tried Trittons first they were too heavy, they were giving me headaches.

Akai__

Do you use a wired or wireless 360 controller with the a50s? I've tried using a wireless controller with my a40s and it tends to freak out at times and sends really loud beeping to anybody I'm playing with. Doesn't happen with a wired controller, though and I'd like a headset that doesn't do that.

I have a friend who uses the A50's and everytime he talks you can hear jazz music in the backround. We figured out, that it is a local radio station, which is interfering with the A50's. It's kinda funny and sometimes awesome. :)

I love my Astro A40's. Had some small problems with it, but they are really awesome. I would never trade them for an other headset, except for a successor.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Must have been a bad set, I have XP400s no sound quality issues, it is truly wireless with the bluetooth puck that connects to the controller for the mic. I have only one issue with them sometimes the base station resets for about 10 seconds, that has happened 3 times total in the 6 months I have had them. Really a comfortable set, tried Trittons first they were too heavy, they were giving me headaches.
The xp 400 are 2.5Ghz and 5Ghz will the xp500 are 2.5 only and for sound quality they do sound like ass compared to my astro. I have a friend with xp400.

The Tritton Warhead 7.1 seem to be universally found to be a pretty good product.

IGN likes them for what they're worth

Digital Trends goes a little more in depth with the product

Kotaku's Owen Good offers up a more realistic review based on the fact that it's $300 dolllars

Note: All these reviews are for the Warhead 7.1 which is available now. Unless there is something special about the Halo 4 edition other than the decals on the headset/base, the overall consensus is these are some great headphones.
Are these ONLY for the 360? I have some non-gaming Pioneer 5.1 wireless headphones, and they're great (but old). I can switch seamlessly from xbox to ps3 to cable tv. The Warhead reviews keep mentioning how easy they are to hook up to the xbox, which makes me wonder if they can be used with anything else. Anyone know the answer?

senador

Banned
Do you use a wired or wireless 360 controller with the a50s? I've tried using a wireless controller with my a40s and it tends to freak out at times and sends really loud beeping to anybody I'm playing with. Doesn't happen with a wired controller, though and I'd like a headset that doesn't do that.

My buddy's A40s with wireless controller squeals when he plays. It stops if you twist the wire going going to the controller though. We think its actually the wire and not the controller itself. He got a different wire and it does it far less now.

Speaking of headsets the PX5s are great. I have them and never have interference in the sound and they are simply amazing in the quality of sound they put out.

Also being able to use a software that comes with these to customize any preset to alter any frequeincy in the game so you can literally make it sound any way you want. I use a preset just to hear footsteps and gunshots and gernades so I have total focus on where everybody is at. It's basically sound hack.

darthbob

Halo 4 Torso, Forearm, Leg and Visor Customization Video By GreenSkull

Old? That is some seriously good looking stuff nice to see an entire set of Mark VI.

I'm feeling that this is not even close to the total count of armor I mean we already know something similar to recon exists but id be willing to be some sort of higher end content exists.

Maybe I'm just being greedy.

I think that this is either all of the armor, or just a small subset.

I'm leaning toward to the former. But I'd love to be surprised.

Akai__

Halo 4 Torso, Forearm, Leg and Visor Customization Video By GreenSkull

Old? That is some seriously good looking stuff nice to see an entire set of Mark VI.

I'm feeling that this is not even close to the total count of armor I mean we already know something similar to recon exists but id be willing to be some sort of higher end content exists.

Maybe I'm just being greedy.

Is he wearing the Hazop helmet? Somehow it doesn't look like a ridiculous sad face anymore.

I like what you can do with your armor now. Much more variety and some good design. Let's hope there is even more.

So did my write-up help anyone? :p

Anyways, my Astro A50s are fantastic. Only wire needed is the chat wire from the controller to the headset.

Yep, thanks for the impressions. Glad everybody who's played it is unanimous in their praise of the renewed focus on gunplay; the golden tripod of Reach favoured melee and grenades far too much.

I'm just going to choose whichever armor covers the most of that horrific looking colored honeycomb mesh. :/

It would be awesome if camo was a suit function that was like snake in mgs4 where the suit itself camoflauged with the surface it was against on. Could this be a viable option for camo?

I'm just going to choose whichever armor covers the most of that horrific looking colored honeycomb mesh. :/
Thank you! I brought this up a few days ago, and someone said having the entire undersuit colored black makes the armor look too thin. But having the primary color on there looks weird.

Portugeezer

So is it me or have their been a lack of gifs with the recent multiplayer?

Anyone have some cool shit please post (pref direct feed)!

wwm0nkey

Posted on the gaming side but just simply...wow

fsd.gif

wwm0nkey

So guys its September, the marketing should be kicking into gear around the end of the month until release, when do you think we will get our first for TV trailer?

Fracas

#fuckonami
So guys its September, the marketing should be kicking into gear around the end of the month until release, when do you think we will get our first for TV trailer?

Early-mid October is when I'd guess the full-blown campaign begins.

At this point, the bulletin vids/dashboard ads seem effective.

edit: I wonder how close the team is to going gold. Must be absolute insanity in the offices of 343 Industries right now.

Overdoziz

Banned
edit: welp bad news for forgers i guess

kITQd.png
God dammit.

By the way, I really hope 343 allows us to adjust numeric settings more accurately in the gametype and object options. The jumps right now make no sense. The time for when the hills moves can be set to 3s, 10s, 15s, 20s, 30s, 45s, 1m and lastly 2m in Reach. Please let us set it up to each individual second. It should be: 1s, 2s, 3s ... 1m 58s, 1m 59s, 2m. That would make life so much easier for people who want to create custom gametypes and maps.

It's one of the many small things that could be improved that would make a relatively big difference.

Top Bottom