• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

senador

Banned
Don't Halo games generally go gold about one month before launch? If so they have about one month of development time left. It's not really development though, it's tweaking, tightening, fixing, modifying, etc.

m23

Bulletin confirmed for tonight? That FUD trailer should be released sometime soon too, how was that by the way for those who got to see at at the panel? No details but, was it any good if you can say that is.

wwm0nkey

Don't Halo games generally go gold about one month before launch? If so they have about one month of development time left. It's not really development though, it's tweaking, tightening, fixing, modifying, etc.

I think the game goes gold in about a week or two actually

CyReN

So what are we still waiting to hear on for MP then?

• 2 Forge Environments
  • 6 Multiplayer Maps
  • Playlists
  • Skill Ranks
  • Theater
  • Covenant Weapon Set
  • Promethean Weapon Set
  • Vehicles
  • Custom Game Options

senador

Banned
For a game this big, I wouldn't say so. Outside of CoD, this is probably the biggest disc-pressing and distribution undertaking of the year.

Roughly on par with Reach and ODST. They shouldn't be doing Halo 2s ever again

Well then. I seemed to remember a few games I thought where only 1 month out but they were either smaller or buggy. I think BF3 was only 1 month out and it showed.

That's weird to think Halo 4 is about done. What do they do right after? Some move on to Spartan Ops, some move to the map packs? What do the majority do? Start right on Halo 5 with conceptions framing and early work?

So what are we still waiting to hear on for MP then?

• 2 Forge Environments
  • 6 Multiplayer Maps
  • Playlists
  • Skill Ranks
  • Theater
  • Covenant Weapon Set
  • Promethean Weapon Set
  • Vehicles
  • Custom Game Options

Can we stop this already? We already know it isn't happening.

Maybe because it's not finished
By now the cutscenes are done, but this might be footage from a slightly older build.

Well then. I seemed to remember a few games I thought where only 1 month out but they were either smaller or buggy. I think BF3 was only 1 month out and it showed.

That's weird to think Halo 4 is about done. What do they do right after? Some move on to Spartan Ops, some move to the map packs? What do the majority do? Start right on Halo 5 with conceptions framing and early work?
They take a break and then move to the next game.

Fracas

#fuckonami

That's weird to think Halo 4 is about done. What do they do right after? Some move on to Spartan Ops, some move to the map packs? What do the majority do? Start right on Halo 5?

Short vacation, I'd guess. Then map packs and Spartan Ops content. Although I'd bet that a significant chunk of Spartan Ops is done.

As for Halo 5, I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in some sort of pre-production.

Vire

I BELI343 IN YOUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, that's him

Hah.

I don't understand why she doesn't have it all written out the day before. That way you could just post it at a set time every week.

Can we stop this already? We already know it isn't happening.

By now the cutscenes are done, but this might be footage from a slightly older build.

Looks like his hands are clenching into a fist and putting it on his hips to me.

*shrug*

senador

Banned
Short vacation, I'd guess. Then map packs and Spartan Ops content.

As for Halo 5, I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in some sort of pre-production.

Yeah hopefully some time off and celebration for the massive first game they did. You are probably right about Halo 5 since development goes in phases and not everyone is on it at the same time or same parts.

Hah.

I don't understand why she doesn't have it all written out the day before. That way you could just post it at a set time every week.

Looks like his hands are clenching into a fist and putting it on his hips to me.

*shrug*

You can't bend your wrist like that.

FyreWulff

If I were to fathom a guess, a short break then DLC production and playlist update prep. Also, you know Frankie and David will never quote a post with Halo 5 in in it lest IGN gets wood in their pants and goes "Halo 4 Director Designer confirms Halo 5 in NeoGAF post" :lol

in b 4 this post gets quoted

If I were to fathom a guess, a short break then DLC production and playlist update prep. Also, you know Frankie and David will never quote a post with Halo 5 in in it lest IGN gets wood in their pants and goes "Halo 4 Director Designer confirms Halo 5 in NeoGAF post" :lol

Post has been quoted.

DLC is already in production. Guys that are not working on DLC will be given a break and then come back for the next game.
It hasn't been confirmed that it isn't there, just Frankie not liking 1-50.

PAX had the ranking system, it is EXP based.

IHaveIce

Banned
So I thought I play a little bit Reach after weeks of Darksiders 2 ... Played Uncaged and Sword Base so far ... why does this game make it so easy to hate it.

FyreWulff

Post has been quoted.

DLC is already in production. Guys that are not working on DLC will be given a break and then come back for the next game.

Spartan Ops maybe due to it's nature, but multiplayer DLC? All those artists and such would be on Halo 4 itself right now.

Bungie didn't start on Noble until after Reach shipped, and before that all they knew they were making DLC-MEDIUM, DLC-BIG, and DLC-INVASION.

senador

Banned

Well yeah for sure. "Future projects." Halo 5 will be interesting and I'm sure they'll need to be highly focused since it'll surely be on new tech. We don't think Halo 5 will be on 360 right?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Because you would think that 343 would have lauded this out as a feature before hitting the 2 month to release mark?

You would think...

When did Bungie mention Arena? I would look to that as an indication.

There has to be some type of competitive "ranked" mode though.

Arnie

PAX had the ranking system, it is EXP based.

Doesn't preclude them from including an alternate skill based mode, akin to how the Arena rating flanked a similar experience setup.

Honestly no ranking system whatsoever would be huge news, meaning it's the first main Halo game to abandon tracking skill in any visual way whatsoever. Reach was already too much of a step down in that regard (from anecdotal experience), so no ranking system at all would matter a great deal.

Spartan Ops maybe due to it's nature, but multiplayer DLC? All those artists and such would be on Halo 4 itself right now.

Bungie didn't start on Noble until after Reach shipped, and before that all they knew they were making DLC-MEDIUM, DLC-BIG, and DLC-INVASION.

Actually the artists are done with Halo 4 at this point in development. Also Bungie already had playable versions of the noble map pack when Reach went Gold, they just had extremely place holder visuals.

You realize lan in Halo has never had a ranking system right?

You realize Halo 4's ranking system works the same as Reach's and allows you to level offline, right? It was shown clearly in the videos taken at PAX.

FyreWulff

Well yeah for sure. "Future projects." Halo 5 will be interesting and I'm sure they'll need to be highly focused since it'll surely be on new tech. We don't think Halo 5 will be on 360 right?

Unless MS has some grand plans for the 360, I don't think Halo 5 is 360 on either a 2 year or 3 year cycle. And a multi-console Halo ain't happening.

Actually the artists are done with Halo 4 at this point in development. Also Bungie already had playable versions of the noble map pack when Reach went Gold, they just had extremely place holder visuals.

I just remembering them mentioning before how DLC looked better pre-Reach since the artists were finally free after ship.

Because you would think that 343 would have lauded this out as a feature before hitting the 2 month to release mark?

You would think...

I wouldn't hold your breath.

343 are releasing content in a weird way. still really no conclusive info on anything but human weapons. we havent even gotten a proper map overview of haven and adrift yet.

CyReN

You realize Halo 4's ranking system works the same as Reach's and allows you to level offline, right? It as shown clearly in the videos taken at PAX.

Sf29c.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Sf29c.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Go back and watch some PAX videos.

[quote="Hydranockz, post: 41794206"]You realise Reach had a ranking system that was completely serperated from the EXP system, right?[/QUOTE]

We are talking about the progression system, not the hidden true skill. Unless you are talking about the Arena, in which case.
PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.

Vire

Whatever the situation is with rank, I just hope they come out and say whether it's in or not because I'm really fucking tired of hearing about it every single page.

Especially since it's a feature I give zero shits about. (epeen lolololol)

nillapuddin

would yall be okay with playlist rankings coming back?

Career rank
Playlist rank

doesnt have to be numbers, it can be pretty badges or leagues or whatever

Top Bottom