• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

WE TALKING ABOUT PROGRESSION WE AINT EVEN TALKING ABOUT THE GAME. WE NOT EVEN TALKIN BOUT THE GAME, THE AACTUAL GAME WHEN IT MATTERS, NO, WE TALKING ABOUT PROGRESSION.

FyreWulff

would yall be okay with playlist rankings coming back?

Career rank
Playlist rank

doesnt have to be numbers, it can be pretty badges or leagues or whatever

I really liked playlist ranks, gave a good quick-look at how familiar a person was with a list without locking them in the progression with TS ranks

It's gotta be in the game at launch or not at all though, so you don't end up like Halo 3 where someone may have played a list a lot but none of it counted because it was all pre TU2

senador

Banned
@davidellis When is Squad Slayer coming back?

Along this line, I've been playing some Reach again recently and I find it extremely not cool that there are "Evolved" and "non Evolved" playlists.

Also Super Slayer can suck it. It doesn't have shit on Squad.

ZalinKrow

So I thought I play a little bit Reach after weeks of Darksiders 2 ... Played Uncaged and Sword Base so far ... why does this game make it so easy to hate it.

It's all part of Halo 4's marketing ;) The worse Reach looks, the better Halo 4 looks! (I'm kidding, but it's also pretty true haha)

HiredN00bs has a sixth sense that alerts him whenever Halo rank talk goes down. He's been none to leave important business meetings and booty calls to attend to us.

Posted on the gaming side but just simply...wow

fsd.gif

Dat shadow in his left eye makes him proposing something for the Chief

goldensun

Will anyone play some games w/ me later tonight on H3? I'll do social or ranked, doesn't matter. I think my MLG playlist rank is around 35-38, not sure.

I'd even be down for some regular TS if anyone wants to give me a chance to get a 50 (47 currently so preferred 45+).

Really just looking to go in with a team in any playlist later tonight.

GT: G0lden 5un, if you add me I'll accept and invite you as soon as I get on.

Truth be told, there is no evidence proving that there is not a numerical ranking system for xbox live that can coexist with the exp progression. Stop being such a killjoy.

It's better to not get your hopes up. You get disappointed less often that way.

Do you have some kind of source saying that some kind of visual skill-based system doesn't exist?

Halo 3 had XP and 1-50, so why not Halo 4? This is the sequel to Halo 3, right?
The ranks themselves are entirely based around EXP, a skill number next to that would be entirely superfluous. I also think that Frankie's comment on how it promotes boosting and account selling it a pretty good tell on what is going on.

Top Bottom