• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why do spartan IV's get to wear unicorn helmets. I mean, that helmet doesn't make any canoncial sence either.

Yeah, that's a valid point too. I still think that unicorn helmet looks less jarring than the ODST one though. Odd decisions indeed.

Again, maybe they really didn't show everything. I just can't believe they would have all the armor open and view-able in the PAX build and not have any hidden stuff.

Beckx

As was I. Especially if there are no more helmet attachments and stuff.

Wha? No attachments?

RIP, Headband. :(

screenshot2.jpeg

The Mark V not in being a feint?
Odd feint to make, letting people get upset just to surprise them.

If they wanted to do that, they could not comment on how much armour it was letting it be a surprise. Even if, by what felt like far common sense, we'd assumed the Mark V, of all armour would be in, well before Unicorn.

CTF playlists have always performed well in the past, so I'm glad they're doing it. But it does make me think Assault is less and less likely to exist. Skirmish was basically a CTF/Assault playlist with the way it was weighted, and it was rad. But where is Oddball gonna live (in a team-specific context, where the addition of throwing it is meaningful), it can't sustain its own playlist -- well, besides Grifball? Same with King, if it comes back. It's one of the reasons I liked grab bag Objective playlists that are weighted properly, you can get two or three smaller, but still core gametypes to mix things up every once in a while.

Isn't there still a new mode we haven't heard about? Hopefully that one takes the place of Assault/Invasion if Assault is gone even though I cant imagine why they wouldn't bring it back.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
I quit out of one game yesterday to play with a friend and then I was booted from a game today for betraying.

Now I'm temporarily banned from matchmaking?

What.

Seems Legit, Beli343 ;)

Yeah that happens to me all the time... its rather annoying... Warthog gets rolled by a rocket... betray team mate... get booted... next game... team mate guns me down with the turret because I won't drive... no option to boot.... retaliation kill by blowing up the warthog... get booted......

Banned for 10 minutes......

If you trade in 3 Spartan ops missions, you can drop the flag.
Done.

I was going to ask to trade 1-50 skill ranks for fun things but I see that's already happened :p

@Talents, you will play it again. One word, achievements.

Complete Campaign on Legendary without firing a bullet 5 times! 5 Points.

JHall

Sold.

I'll trade in the campaign for various other things aswell.

Hey now, lets not go that far. This is the first Halo campaign I'm really looking forward to in a long time. By a long time, I mean since Halo CE.

However, I really don't care that much about Spartan Ops. Knowing my connection, I won't be able to enjoy those streaming CGI cutscenes in their full HD glory.

Talents

Banned
Hey now, lets not go that far. This is the first Halo campaign I'm really looking forward to in a long time. By a long time, I mean since Halo CE.

However, I really don't care that much about Spartan Ops. Knowing my connection, I won't be able to enjoy those streaming CGI cutscenes in their full HD glory.

Same, the other Halo campaigns are meh, but this one looks awesome, but once I complete it, I won't play it again.

Talents

Banned
Don't start with that kind of stuff this early in the morning.

I kid, I kid.

Edit: @Talents, you will play it again. One word, achievements.

I don't care for achievements in games that much, I just get achievements as they come, I'm not an achievement whore/hunter lol.

neoism

Am I the only one who prefers 1 flag (one team defending a flag, one team grabbing)? I am glad CTF will have it's own playlist overall though.

well it will be for me lol I will never touch the enemy flag.... I'll mainly just be defending, but yeah I love 1 flag.

ZalinKrow

So they've said that was the whole set of armour? That's pretty disappointing if true then. I half expected it, due to the amount of stuff. And I love most of it too, but I really wanted there to be mystery left. I'd rather have not known them prior to release :/ That's half the fun for me. I love discovering them as I progress, or spotting cool shit on other players that are ahead of me and aiming for that. Oh well.

DesertFox

Just caught up on the Bulletin.

Sheesh, you think there was enough Griffball questions?

This... what a completely wasted opportunity at a Q&A session. Ask the developers anything! *25 Grifball questions later* ...seriously???

That's what you get for having a Waypoint Q&A thread...

TCKaos

Finally got my hands on Halo 2 Vista. As soon as I get home I'm hookin' up my 360 controller and dishing out some pain. Can't wait.

We should do a huge customs night before Halo 4 comes out. Just a grand tour of the best of Halo. Do Halo PC, Halo CE, Halo 2 Vista, then 3, then Reach.

Everything was at PAX they said.

No Mark V?

Fuck.

Just... Fuck.

u4iX

Just caught up on the Bulletin.

Sheesh, you think there was enough Griffball questions?

Also in reading that bulletin, the pistol you use when carrying the flag does more damage and it also forces anyone who's sprinting to stop if you tag them once with a bullet?

We’re still working with the exact tuning of the flag carrier’s Magnum, but we’re hoping to give the flag carrier a slight damage boost.

However, a huge advantage to the Magnum is forcing enemies to stop sprinting – so in most encounters, you’re on a nearly level playing field.

http://blogs.halo.xbox.com/Headlines/post/2012/09/05/The-Halo-Bulletin-9512.aspx

No lie. Sounds interesting.

3sk Flagnum maybe?

In Objective games, you’ll have full control over player traits, including those of the King, Flag Carrier, and Grif. Each game mode also has multiple custom options specific to that game mode that let you tune timers, settings, and rules.

You'll have full control.

Although it’s possible in the future that we will give players more specific control and choices, this is something we feel pretty strongly about – and is in some ways a new mode, rather than simply an evolution of an existing game type.

Contradictions.

TCKaos

I see the sky is falling...over armor.

I mean, it's been like my identity in Halo for eleven years now. It's saddening.

However, we did want to include a reward for completing the Campaign on Legendary, so we decided to use the Mark VI armor as that reward.

That's pretty cool, though. Good thing I always hit up campaign first. I'll have Mark VI by the end of day one.

I'd rather have people care about gameplay mechanics than things that are aesthetic, such as armor.

and most of the worry has been over things like CTF and the balances of AAs and Perks. i think its fine for a community to care about more than a single thing.

So again, i ask. Does that inconvenience you in any way?

It's just another needless thing to complain about. You don't even see the armor, but you would think it was an integral part of the game based on most of these reactions.

It is just as important as anything else. Maybe not to you. but others have and want to be more individual

So it seems like Neutral Flag and 2 Flag Slayer are in TO, but there's no one flag at all?

RIGHT. I'd like to see you try and explain that decision, Reach playlist managers.

I'd complain about the lack of Stockpile, too, but I know it's a bit of a 'love it or hate it' gametype. Still, who'd pick it over 2 Flag Slayer, which is basically just 2 Flag but with added incentive to ignore the objective and go for kills... neutral is equally painful... things get crazy enough with two flags to pay attention to.

I actually have more fun in H3 social skirmish. It's hard to tell if that's because of superior playlist management, superior maps, superior gameplay, or a superior sandbox....

JHall

and most of the worry has been over things like CTF and the balances of AAs and Perks. i think its fine for a community to care about more than a single thing.

It doesn't inconvenience me in anyway. I would rather have people talk about rather questionable gameplay mechanics than how their armor looks.

That's just me.

Aggrotek

It is just as important as anything else. Maybe not to you. but others have and want to be more individual

You want to be individual by using the most iconic helmet ever?

It's just another needless thing to complain about. You don't even see the armor, but you would think it was an integral part of the game based on most of these reactions.

Ram pls. You know I'm obsessive over this stuff. While not an issue to YOU, its an issue to many, Including myself.

Top Bottom