• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Merguson

Banned
Has everyone decided if they are going vanilla or ce and which retailer?

I always go with the standard edition. Going with FutureShop (Canadian retailer) for $10 dollars off and an exclusive steelbook for now.

EDIT: The steelbook is different from the one in the limited edition.

m23

Ok I uploaded it to my file share. My GT is: lPwnsome

(that's an L in front of the P)

The clip is called "Modder"

The player who is modding is named TabbyAmoeba7617

He starts using his gauss pistol at around 1:48 into the film when he shoots a warthog with it and gets a double kill with one shot. He definitely tinkers more with his mods as it goes along I'm watching the whole thing now. He also seems to have unlimited ammo so he just spams it and gets kills. He gets a killtac at one point.

Edit: Super speed starts at 4:05

Just watched it. Holy crap, the guy is one shotting with the pistol with what looks like a bottomless clip and running faster than any vehicle. Banhammer incoming.

Slaker117

Ok I uploaded it to my file share. My GT is: lPwnsome

(that's an L in front of the P)

The clip is called "Modder"

The player who is modding is named TabbyAmoeba7617

He starts using his gauss pistol at around 1:48 into the film when he shoots a warthog with it and gets a double kill with one shot. He definitely tinkers more with his mods as it goes along I'm watching the whole thing now. He also seems to have unlimited ammo so he just spams it and gets kills. He gets a killtac at one point.

Edit: Super speed starts at 4:05

:lol wow, just watched. The cheating is obviously gross, but it was kind of funny seeing him one shot a warthog with a pistol. Glad he's going to get what's coming though. Show no mercy Stinkles.

Frankie doesn't have to do anything. Jtags usually get detected after 3-6 hours and get console banned.

Even better!

FYI guys: A file was just released lately (in the past day) that allows Jtags to go online and not get banned. Its called XeLive.

Plan on seeing a lot of scumbag modders in Matchmaking on Halo and CoD now, until Microsoft finds a way to "patch" it.

Or not, I guess. I just hope he gets dealt with.

Karl2177

This is my favorite part of the year, trying to kill time until the next release of the Halo game with other titles hoping they are good enough to do it.
Oddly enough I'm killing time for the next Halo game by playing a Halo game. Just not the most recent one.

But next Tuesday (the 18th) will be a different story.

Defect

:lol wow, just watched. The cheating is obviously gross, but it was kind of funny seeing him one shot a warthog with a pistol. Glad he's going to get what's coming though. Show no mercy Stinkles.
Frankie doesn't have to do anything. Jtags usually get detected after 3-6 hours and get console banned.

wwm0nkey

Ok the creators of this game are pretty awesome, joined my game and are giving me the Halo maps, which of course I will give you guys :)

Omni

Egh. Does anyone here post on Waypoint?

Looking past the people there (Although there are quite a few good members in the general forums...), the forum/website itself is terrible. I don't understand why it's so god damn slow and riddled with errors! Anyone know if 343i are planning to fix it before Halo 4's release?

I'd like to actually start using the site again, but in its current state it's just not worth the effort. So much unnecessary crap.

zap

Looking past the people there (Although there are quite a few good members in the general forums...), the forum/website itself is terrible. I don't understand why it's so god damn slow and riddled with errors! Anyone know if 343i are planning to fix it before Halo 4's release?

I'd like to actually start using the site again, but in its current state it's just not worth the effort. So much unnecessary crap.

I'd say the site is going to get a major upgrade to accomodate Halo 4 stats/file shares/films etc. Hopefully the forums get the same overhaul.

Ugh, when will community games come to NZ? I really want to try it out, but don't have a US account :/

The three examples that I'm thinking of that we still haven't revealed, are absolutely in the game and they're definitely going to ship.
Hype?

I wish we could just switch to vBulletin.

Nowise10

FYI guys: A file was just released lately (in the past day) that allows Jtags to go online and not get banned. Its called XeLive.

Plan on seeing a lot of scumbag modders in Matchmaking on Halo and CoD now, until Microsoft finds a way to "patch" it.

JackHerer

So I just watched it. Lol. Its funny how your team still managed to win even against his hacks. And no one on your team quit, I can't even manage that in a standard btb game.

You would think that the guy would mod himself some infinite health or something but no. I kill him multiple times in the film lol.

My team was all partied together which is why no one quits. I've learned that going into BTB alone can be quite miserable. True of all of Reach matchmaking really but BTB especially.

This would explain
I just ran into a modder in match making. I was playing BTB and the kid had modded his speed to move insanely fast and his pistol was a one hit kill. I looked at his tool of destruction at the end of the game and it was a gauss turret. There's no gauss turret on Asphalt.

He had modded his pistol into a gauss turret.

We still won some how lol.

He also modded the damage for everyone for a little because my DMR killed in one shot at one point. I've never seen this before on Reach so it was really surprising.
this then.
:/

Nowise10

Yup. I joined a friend about 3 hours ago who had a modder in the game, and we went into MLG and made us invincible and see we could spawn tanks.

Thought it was incredibly stupid and left.

Screenshot.ashx

Heres the screenshot details: http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/haloreach/NoWise10/fileshare/recentscreenshots#?details=30596208

Omni

I wish we could just switch to vBulletin.
Yeah. Not sure why they chose to use whatever they're using now (YAF or something?)

I'd say the site is going to get a major upgrade to accomodate Halo 4 stats/file shares/films etc. Hopefully the forums get the same overhaul.
Hopefully!

Oh?

Quite surprised it didn't come sooner, to be honest. Going to suck until it's fixed though...

Yeah. Not sure why they chose to use whatever they're using now (YAF or something?)
Yeah, "Yet another forum".
It's a free (open source) forum framework written in C# for ASP.NET. Has many flaws including a ridiculous amount of __postBack using MS's JS API, which is very slow. The arch just wasn't written to withstand the pressure that Waypoint gets. I doubt it's going to change any time soon though.

Yeah, "Yet another forum".
It's a free (open source) forum framework written in C# for ASP.NET. Has many flaws including a ridiculous amount of __postBack using MS's JS API, which is very slow. The arch just wasn't written to withstand the pressure that Waypoint gets. I doubt it's going to change any time soon though.

343's going to buy GAF from evilore and merge both sites.

inception.gif

Nowise10

Well if Nowise10 is correct, he won't be banned for a while.

Well gpd modding (what he did to make his account seem to have Halo 4 achievements) isnt the same as what I explained earlier. This guy WILL get banned once Microsoft sees him, because this is basically yelling "ban me! ban me!" because its so obvious and will get publicity.

Omni

Well gpd modding (what he did to make his account seem to have Halo 4 achievements) isnt the same as what I explained earlier. This guy WILL get banned once Microsoft sees him, because this is basically yelling "ban me! ban me!" because its so obvious and will get publicity.

Oh okay. I know nothing about modding... >_>

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I found the forum where he was proudly telling people about modding the Halo 4 GPD and apparently he's making a Youtube video tutorial. What a nice guy.

I found the forum where he was proudly telling people about modding the Halo 4 GPD and apparently he's making a Youtube video tutorial. What a nice guy.

People like that must drive industry employees nuts considering how much trouble they go to when it comes to keeping projects somewhat secret till launch and the damage control that has to be done when douches like this do their thing.

FyreWulff

Wait so has he played Halo 4 or is he making it seem like he has

Making it seem like he has. Modding yourself to have a game's achievements is one of the older tricks in the book.

Easiest way to tell someone modded achievements is to look for ones that require some sort of online functionality that don't have an unlock date on that person's profile.

Nobody is going to have achievements for Halo 4 on retail Xbox Live otherwise at this point anyway.

edit: Bungie was clever with this with the Recon unlocking from the Vidmaster Halo 3 and ODST achievements. They actually didn't trust that you just had the achievements, you also had to have a valid Bungie.net game recorded to support the achievement before you would be allowed to unlock Recon.

Ha hasn't played it.

He simply modded his profile offline, inserted the Halo 4 GPD code into it, and then synced it with his online profile, to make it looked like he has played it.

It's because of people like him, folks who would exploit the system and expose achievements early, we end up getting spoiled and forces devs like 343 to publicly reveal the achievements ahead of time to stop folks like him from bragging about "finding" them.

Yup. The up front and complete reveal of Reach, Anniversary, and 4's achievements took a lot of the chest puffing away from modders. The downside is there's no surprise, but it took away a way-too-easy method of getting hits to those certain sites.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wait so has he played Halo 4 or is he making it seem like he has

Ha hasn't played it.

He simply modded his profile offline, inserted the Halo 4 GPD code into it, and then synced it with his online profile, to make it looked like he has played it.

It's because of people like him, folks who would exploit the system and expose achievements early, we end up getting spoiled and forces devs like 343 to publicly reveal the achievements ahead of time to stop folks like him from bragging about "finding" them.

Karl2177

Making it seem like he has. Modding yourself to have a game's achievements is one of the older tricks in the book.

Easiest way to tell someone modded achievements is to look for ones that require some sort of online functionality that don't have an unlock date on that person's profile.

Nobody is going to have achievements for Halo 4 on retail Xbox Live otherwise at this point anyway.

edit: Bungie was clever with this with the Recon unlocking from the Vidmaster Halo 3 and ODST achievements. They actually didn't trust that you just had the achievements, you also had to have a valid Bungie.net game recorded to support the achievement before you would be allowed to unlock Recon.

Never figured out why it has no unlock date on this one for my account.

ruVHd.jpg

FyreWulff

Never figured out why it has no unlock date on this one for my account.

ruVHd.jpg

That's weird, but I guess it's possible for Live to mess something up in a transaction. Modders can never seem to control themselves though, and always unlock all the achievements for a game at the same time.

A guy I used to play Live with over on the PA forums unlocked an achievement in Condemned when it came out, and somehow Live awarded him 4,916,919 gamescore for it.

Top Bottom